OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST has taught me to mind my semicolons. - ComradeNikolai [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2007
alectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to behold
Logomotion Logo

Perhaps I missed it in the logomotion of kickoff (ah hahahaha) but I do not recall seeing a game logo before the animation. And with the FIRST site being so cranky at the moment, I an not able to tell if they posted one. Did anyone by chance see the logo?
Thanks!

Event Resume[2014]Auburn Mountainview (V) + Glacier Peak (V) + Spokane (V) + Shorewood (V) + Portland (V) + Championship (V) [2013]Portland (V) + Seattle (V) + Spokane (V) + Championship (V) [2012] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) + Autodesk Oregon Regional (V) + Spokane Regional (V) + Championships (V) [2011] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) [2010] Microsoft Seattle Regional(V) + Championship(V) [2009] Microsoft Seattle Regional (V) + Championships [2008] Microsoft Seattle Regional + Oregon Regional [2007] PNW Regional
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:35 PM
no team

unionylibertad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Logomotion Logo

yes...it was small in the upper left hand corner during the explanation of rules
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
no team (Volunteer)

alectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionylibertad View Post
yes...it was small in the upper left hand corner during the explanation of rules
Ah, ok. I am guessing no one has found the PSD or anything yet.

Event Resume[2014]Auburn Mountainview (V) + Glacier Peak (V) + Spokane (V) + Shorewood (V) + Portland (V) + Championship (V) [2013]Portland (V) + Seattle (V) + Spokane (V) + Championship (V) [2012] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) + Autodesk Oregon Regional (V) + Spokane Regional (V) + Championships (V) [2011] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) [2010] Microsoft Seattle Regional(V) + Championship(V) [2009] Microsoft Seattle Regional (V) + Championships [2008] Microsoft Seattle Regional + Oregon Regional [2007] PNW Regional
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

Eventually the FIRST website will have (or it has already) a place where you can see and obtain a graphic of the game logo. As far as I saw it, the logo was rather simple.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Jakedasnakeman-Team 1255-Jake Lewis
FRC #1255 (Team Blarglefish)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2009
Jakedasnakeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Logomotion Logo

Here is a video of what you are looking for on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cGtfcZTTE
Pause it at 0:14 seconds and you will see the logomotion logo.

*Credit goes to Team1743 for posting the video. Thanks!*
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
FRC #0857
Team Role: Mentor

Christopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud of

It's already gone to the media: Logo

And it's on wikipedia @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logomotion_(FIRST)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 03:20 AM
No Stolte No
AKA: Chris
FRC #2194 (Fondy Fire)
Team Role: Mentor

Cow Bell Solo is a jewel in the roughCow Bell Solo is a jewel in the roughCow Bell Solo is a jewel in the roughCow Bell Solo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cow Bell Solo Send a message via MSN to Cow Bell Solo Send a message via Yahoo to Cow Bell Solo Send a message via Skype™ to Cow Bell Solo

Here is a link to the FRC marketing tools website. http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr...er.aspx?id=952

On this page there is a link to the basic FIRST logos including FRC, FTC, FLL, and the 20th anniversary logo as well. I believe there are a couple extras too. Also there is a link to the FRC game logos, as of this posting it does not look like that page has been updated for 2011 as it has 2010 Breakaway's logo still up there.

One thing I will also add is before you decide to take and use, place, or edit any of their images for anything anywhere to make sure that you read their rules about their logo use first. Which that stuff is found on the pages with the logos.
Iowa FIRST LEGO League Planning Team Member - 2010-Present - http://www.isek.iastate.edu/fll
FIRST LEGO League volunteer - 2008-Present

2008: MN Regional Quarterfinalists, Website Excellence
2009: MN North Star Quarterfinalists, recognized for safety, Website Excellence
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
no team

unionylibertad is an unknown quantity at this point

it's on the FIRST website, but since it's uber-slow (why dont they just take the site down to even out the traffic?), here's an alternate link

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...otion_Logo.jpg

Jack Kamen is Dean's father...he supposedly designed (or gave the idea for) the FIRST logo...can someone verify that? i might be wrong
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM
College Mentor
AKA: Trent Borman
FRC #3928 (Team Neutrino)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2008
Trent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to beholdTrent B is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Trent B Send a message via Yahoo to Trent B Send a message via Skype™ to Trent B

Higher Resolution Version

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/m...d=5&download=1

Also uploaded to http://team2502.com/uploads/rules/media/

(The rules isn't really a relevant folder, but I started linking to it for just rules and it has expanded to a variety of things and I did not wish to change links and have people not be able to find the files they need)

Last edited by Trent B : 01-09-2011 at 11:40 AM.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
FRC #1743 (Short Circuits)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2009
josh1743 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to josh1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakedasnakeman View Post
Here is a video of what you are looking for on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cGtfcZTTE
Pause it at 0:14 seconds and you will see the logomotion logo.

*Credit goes to Team1743 for posting the video. Thanks!*
Haha we try our best to stay up to date for all FIRST people
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
no team (Volunteer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionylibertad View Post
Jack Kamen is Dean's father...he supposedly designed (or gave the idea for) the FIRST logo...can someone verify that? i might be wrong
You are correct, he designed the original first logo:
http://jv030.k12.sd.us/roboti1.gif

i bet there will be a bunch of stuff updated on the site on Monday. Maybe the site will load by monday!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: