OCCRA
Go to Post I always tell newbies that if you build a great team the great robots will follow. - Wayne C. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lynca
Week 1 - DiscoBots KitBot & Lift

We put our 2008 lift (a 118 inspiration) on a kitbot and attempted to pick up tubes. Our claw is a bit rough but definitely helped us decide on the roller claw vs. regular claw debate.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfv0W_ymvQ

Our students have also been furiously CADing drivetrains and mini-bot designs, let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement !
http://picasaweb.google.com/LamarRobotics/Week1FRC11#
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Middle Manager... :-(
AKA: Dolan Murvihill
FRC #2374 (CrusaderBots)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2003
SirTasty is a splendid one to beholdSirTasty is a splendid one to beholdSirTasty is a splendid one to beholdSirTasty is a splendid one to beholdSirTasty is a splendid one to beholdSirTasty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SirTasty
Re: Week 1 - DiscoBots KitBot & Lift

Using omni wheels for driving is likely to severely limit your traction/pushing power, but if you think the extra maneuvering is worth it, that chassis is an option. However, I think mecanum wheels will get you that kind of translation with much better traction.

We got lots of our manipulator ideas by looking at the successful robots in Rack'n Roll, because this year's game pieces are very similar. The roller claw CAD design you linked us to looks very similar to the one that team 257 (I think) found great success with.

I'm interested to see which design you finally choose on. Good luck!
Another note: sportsmanship and competition go hand and hand. In any sport, whether it is football or track and field. As the ball is snapped, you pound the guy across you and drive him until he is on his butt. After the whistle blows, you help him on his feet; repeat every down.
Homework? What's homework?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: