OCCRA
Go to Post If we can transform our culture to the point where girls swoon over guys as they pull their dremel off their belt and carve some speed holes in a smooth fluid motion, I think FIRST is half way to its goal. When we get the guys to swoon over the girls for their hot moves on the 5-axis, we have won. - EricVanWyk [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > CAD
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Mentor
FRC #2587

Rookie Year: 2011
philso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud of
Help needed with AutoCAD Mechanical

How can I set the grid in AutoCAD Mechanical (2D)?

We appear to have a really big grid setting on our current drawing. The cursor jumps over many of the objects on the page and lands in a large grid. The result is that is is not possible to select many of the objects in the drawing. It is not clear if we hit a key sequence that caused this change. We have been using the software for several weeks with no trouble. I opened one of our older files and it did not have this problem so it is less likely to be due to my laptop.

I have searched through the multitude of options tabs and have not found a place to set the grid size. AutoCAD's "Help" gave a one or two sentence instruction to go set the grid using a dialogue box that I have not been able to find. I have not found any posts here on CD that appear to address this issue either.

I use AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 (I think) at work but we are not supposed to mess with the settings and the drawings I do (electrical schematics) use only a small fraction of the software's capabilities.

Thanks.

Phil
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Mentor
FRC #2587

Rookie Year: 2011
philso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud ofphilso has much to be proud of
Re: Help needed with AutoCAD Mechanical

I finally found where I could turn off "Snap to Grid". There is also a hotkey, F9, that does it without going through the menus.

Phil

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: