OCCRA
Go to Post You are given a goal with some simple restrictions. That's it. No one really cares how you get it done, just the fact that you get it done. - Max Lobovsky [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > FIRST in Michigan
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Are our seeding points over 9000?
FRC #0201 (FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Alex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Dinsmoor
Detroit District 2011

With the pits opening in a few days, who is excited to see one of the most exciting events in FIRST?

I know the FEDS are hoping to take home some hardware this weekend

'08, '09, '10
4 Years | 14 Competitions | 194 Matches | 119 Wins | 77 Losses | 2 Silver | 1 Gold
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Still hooked on FRC
AKA: Marc Antinossi
FRC #0573 (Mech Warriors)

Rookie Year: 2010
maverickfan138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Detroit District 2011

I'm planning on stopping in on Friday afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing 217's robot in person as well as seeing what 469 came up with this year. I also can't wait to hang out with friends from 201, 1, 503, and 3175. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some new friends as well. If anybody sees me, say hi. See you guys there!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
AKA: Mark
FRC #3542 (S.P.E.E.D.)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
BX MARK will become famous soon enoughBX MARK will become famous soon enough

I am extremly excited for tomorrow!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Central's Last Stand
AKA: Sam
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi) now FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)

Rookie Year: 2006
Chief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud ofChief Samwize has much to be proud of

Anyone know if there is a webcast of the event anywhere?

-Sam

The legacy left by Chief Delphi will ride on the Wings of Fire. Best of luck Team 51. Spread your wings and burn away the competition.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM
FF - PureMichigan
FRC #2337 (EngiNERDs)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
Clinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond reputeClinton Bolinger has a reputation beyond repute

It is suppose to be here: http://www.coderedrobotics.com/webca...t-Competition/

But it looks like they have been having technical difficulties.

-Clinton-
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2011, 03:11 PM
it can be done
AKA: race
FRC #0222 (tigertrons)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
racesick222 will become famous soon enoughracesick222 will become famous soon enough

Are there any other webcasts of it? This one keeps going off air
2013 Mount Olive District Champs (thanks 11 and 3340)
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Are our seeding points over 9000?
FRC #0201 (FEDS)

Alex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant futureAlex Dinsmoor has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Alex Dinsmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesick222 View Post
Are there any other webcasts of it? This one keeps going off air
Unfortunately it looks as if that is the only stream. It was also the only one announced at the event.

What our team has been doing is taking video of our team in each match and uploading them to our team's youtube page.

'08, '09, '10
4 Years | 14 Competitions | 194 Matches | 119 Wins | 77 Losses | 2 Silver | 1 Gold
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
FF - Team 2
AKA: Nicholas
FRC #0313

nikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant futurenikeairmancurry has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Dinsmoor View Post
Unfortunately it looks as if that is the only stream. It was also the only one announced at the event.

What our team has been doing is taking video of our team in each match and uploading them to our team's youtube page.
Thanks.. I was wanting to get a good look at 469

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
You make it pretty We make it dance
FRC #3539 (The Byting Bulldogs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Mike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond reputeMike Copioli has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to congratulate teams 245, 469 and 2832 on a job well done. The first finals match made me very nervous and I know the outcome would have been very different if your alliance was 100%. Also congratulations to the Juggies on a well deserved Chairmans award. It about time you guys get the 'Big One'.

245 - excellent machine, excellent team, and excellent performance, Qual # 10 and QF 3.3 is proof of that. Great job and I can't wait to see you at the Championship.

2832 - The defense that you played was a game changer. We would see a tube only to have it quickly eclipsed by blue bumpers reading 2832. Effective defense would be an understatement.

469 - Another awesome and impressive machine. These posts about you are getting old. Could you please build a mediocre machine one year so I can use some new words to describe you guys. Xerox creativity award, well deserved again. Where do you guys come up with these ideas? Creative is an understatement.

On a side note, I think it is important for other teams out there to be aware of the level of sportsmanship an GP that team 469 operates at. After their robot was inspected on Thursday, a team had pointed out that their mini-bot deployment could be ruled as contributing to the upward momentum of the minibot. This deployment was very effective and the minibot was fast. The team agreed that it needed to be changed and quickly, without any hesitation, made the decision to remove it. They operated without a minibot for most if not all of Friday. They eventually got the new deployment in place. I applaud them for making a difficult decision so easily.

Thank you to team 51 and 3096. You guys were awesome.

3096 - You guys are a rising star. Cooperative and effective. You guys performed above my expectations and we could not have done this with out you.

51 - What can I say?..... Oh I know. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Fast, and efficient an unstoppable force who I hope we never have to face in the elims. Your performance on the field is mirrored behind the glass and behind the scenes. Chris and Ken, your insight and strategies were the pinnacle of our success.

One last person I must thank is my brother, Paul Copioli. Your dedication to this team goes without question. The time and money you have put into this team flying back and forth to Texas is worthy of a place on our team shirts and robot. But I know that is not why you do this. Your strategies are brilliant and are the key to the success of team 217 on the field. Thank you....Dork.

Mike Copioli
CTRE Hardware Engineer
http://www.crosstheroadelectronics.com

Team 3539 The Byting Bull Dogs
2013 Michigan State Champions

Team 217 The Thunder Chickens
2006 World Champions
2008 World Champions
2009 Michigan State Champions
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Chris Hibner's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Eschewing Obfuscation Since 1990
AKA: Lars Kamen's Roadie
FRC #0051 (Wings of Fire)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Chris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond reputeChris Hibner has a reputation beyond repute

I want to thank team 217 for not losing faith in us after we had our (mostly self-inflicted) mini-meltdown on Saturday morning. Thankfully disaster was averted in plenty of time. You guys are (obviously) one of the best teams in FIRST, and for good reason.

Mike and Paul: as always, it was great seeing you guys again and even better working with you. The eliminations were fast and furious at times, and the strategy discussions were top notch.

3096: I'm so glad we got to pick you. Mark Kramarczyk and Tito Huffman are two of the best mentors in all of FIRST. It makes me beyond happy to see you and your students get a little reward for all of the effort.

245 and 2832: Mike said it best, so I'm not even going to repeat it.

469 deserves some extra special recognition. I've said it before: I'm a HUGE fan of this team and this competition gave more proof as to why. Last year there were TONS of 469 detractors saying they were lawyering the rules and on the verge of cheating, etc. I defended them constantly as being a team beyond reproach.

At this competition there was some question if their minibot deploy might not be legal. When the concern was brought to their team they were completely caught off guard because didn't even realize it. They were a bit crushed, but they immediately removed it from their robot and played all but their last qualifying match without using a minibot. This put their entire weekend at risk, but they did what they thought they had to do because this team has a very high level of integrity. Even though I knew we may have to face them in the eliminations, I was extremely happy to see their new deployment system send the minibot up the pole for the first time. 469: I love you guys. Seriously.

Lastly, I want to say how proud I am of our drivers and all of our students. You guys did such a great job this weekend. Jorge and Daveonna were great under the pressure, and Malik is one of the best human players in the game. Ben, my controls/programming student is absolutely fantastic - he's only a freshman but he'll be a great engineer one day. All of you engineers should be on the lookout for him once he starts looking for internships.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hibner View Post
Mark Kramarczyk and Tito Huffman are two of the best mentors in all of FIRST.
I only got this far before I had to stop reading. The text is blurring. Maybe I shouldn't have read Mike's post before this one and Paul's in another thread. Gosh, you teams in Michigan are something. I'll have to come back and finish reading this post later when the text decides to become clear again.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:52 AM
is getting his kicks.
AKA: Mark Kramarczyk
FRC #3096 (Highlanders)

kramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond repute

I want the thank 217 & 51 for the invitation to join your alliance. The opportunity to show our students that hard work and continuous improvement will be noticed was priceless for our team.

Paul, Mike, Ken, and Chris, thanks for the kind words, patience, and support to get our autonomous where it needed to be.

Thanks to 217 for the loaner minibot. I'd like to also thank Ed and John from 217 for working with us on minibot deployment. It is always frustrating when a field problem can't be duplicated in the pit, but everyone just kept going until we got it deploying successfully.

469, 245 & 2832... Looking across the field at you guys scared the crap out of me. You are awesome individually and even better together. Those finals matches were incredible to watch.

Brick walls are for other people. - Randy Pausch
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech once...
AKA: Kara Bakowski
no team (FRC1189 alum)
Team Role: College Student

Karibou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond reputeKaribou has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Karibou Send a message via Skype™ to Karibou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hibner View Post

3096: I'm so glad we got to pick you. Mark Kramarczyk and Tito Huffman are two of the best mentors in all of FIRST. It makes me beyond happy to see you and your students get a little reward for all of the effort.
Amen to that. Mark and Tito are amazing. It's also so exciting and wonderful to hear how far 3096 has come over the past few years.
FRC 1189 (2008-2011): Team Captain, Pit Crew, Website group leader, Team Education group leader, Proud Alum. We've got spirit, yes we do...
Volunteer (2010-present): Escanaba District '14, MidKnight Mayhem '13, Detroit District '13, IRI '10 '12, Waterford District '11 '12, MARC '12, CMP Galileo '11

WMWBS '10 '11
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Patrick Seeney
FRC #0469 (Las Guerrillas)

Rookie Year: 1999
Patrick Seeney is an unknown quantity at this point

As a newly reengaged member of team 469, I see now what I have been missing over the years. The level of gracious professionalism showed by the teams this past weekend was amazing. It would of been easy for teams to notice our fault and wait to point it out when it worked to their advantage, but that's not FIRST culture. Thanks so much for such an exciting tournament and for reaffirming what I have been missing with FIRST over the years, the energy and excitement this past weekend was amazing. Everybody was cheering for everybody, and it gave all the new members of Team 469 a glimpse as to why FIRST is so magical.

Special thanks to 217 for lending us their spare deployment system to try and fasten to our robot. While ultimately we ended up not using it, we would have been lost without you guys!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: