Go to Post Heidi's best picture ever - and she didn't even have to Photoshop this one! - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2011, 06:23 AM
FRC #1528 (MTR (Monroe Trojan Robotics), formerly iPirates)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2006
Steve Ketron is a name known to allSteve Ketron is a name known to allSteve Ketron is a name known to allSteve Ketron is a name known to allSteve Ketron is a name known to allSteve Ketron is a name known to all
VEX Coming to M.A.R.C. 2011

In looking at ways to keep our students envolved with the robotics program and training them on robotics fundamentals before the FRC season. Team 1528 is looking into becoming a VEX Robotics Competition Event Host in late October/ early November.

To get interest in Michigan in this event, I am trying to have a demonstartion of the Vex competition at M.A.R.C. 2011. Would teams coming to M.A.R.C. be interested in participating in this demonstration and possibly forming a VEX Competition Organization in Michigan/Nortwest Ohio?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2011, 06:27 AM
FRC #0280

Joseph W. Horth is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VEX Coming to M.A.R.C. 2011

I'm interested and I'm sure TnT is as well.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM
FRC #3548 (RoboRavens)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2004
marccenter has a spectacular aura aboutmarccenter has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: VEX Coming to M.A.R.C. 2011

CD,
FYI.
OCCRA (Oakland County Competitive Robotics Association) is an Oakland County robotics, 2 v 2, FIRST-type competition that runs in the Fall Season. To the best of my knowledge it has run for a decade.
In 2007, we added a VEX competition element to the competition. The event begins with 20 seconds of VEX autonomous operation, and then both VEX and large (like FIRST) robots run for the remaining 2 minutes.
Our game is not the same as a pure VEX tournament. The VEX game and larger robot game generally share game pieces. Please stop on by during the fall and see how we run the event.
GM Propulsion System Engineer
marccenter@yahoo.com
Mobile: 248-255-7377

Msg to Engr College Freshmen: School is now FIRST
and FIRST is now second!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Andrew Lynch
FRC #2587 (DiscoBots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
lynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond reputelynca has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lynca
Re: VEX Coming to M.A.R.C. 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ketron View Post
In looking at ways to keep our students envolved with the robotics program and training them on robotics fundamentals before the FRC season. Team 1528 is looking into becoming a VEX Robotics Competition Event Host in late October/ early November.

To get interest in Michigan in this event, I am trying to have a demonstartion of the Vex competition at M.A.R.C. 2011. Would teams coming to M.A.R.C. be interested in participating in this demonstration and possibly forming a VEX Competition Organization in Michigan/Nortwest Ohio?
I believe the Thunderchickens, Michigan State and Cranbrook are the three big players of VEX in Michigan. You should connect with them !
Here are a few useful links about the competitions and teams in Michigan
http://www.vexforum.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=19

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: