OCCRA
Go to Post My first instinct was inflatable clowns and 5 of them beating on the robots at all times, but then I thought, thats probably not right. - Dan Richardson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > CAD
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Don't Mess with Leila
AKA: The Foof
FRC #0217 (ThunderChickens)
Team Role: Operator

Rookie Year: 2006
Mike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud ofMike Harrison has much to be proud of
FEA on parasolids

Anyone know how to perform FEA on a parasolid? I can convert the parasolid to an assembly but I'm trying to avoid this because the parts aren't made to be properly mated together (chassis weldment), making FEA even more of a chore.

I prefer to use Solidworks or Inventor.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
is getting his kicks.
AKA: Mark Kramarczyk
FRC #3096 (Highlanders)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
kramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond reputekramarczyk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FEA on parasolids

Inventor is going to require you to identify the contact conditions of the solid part meshes prior to solving. If you are using bolted and glued joints with no moving interfaces you can probably get along quickly using the automagic feature. On the ribbon: Stress Analysis tab -> Contacts panel -> Automatic

This will basically glue together everything that is clost to touching. If you need something different you can go into the contacts and explicitly edit them, but that is much more time consuming. Having a constrained model would allow you to import the constraints as mesh contacts.

That's about all the help I can offer without seeing the geometery.

Brick walls are for other people. - Randy Pausch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: