OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST is the best thing that has ever happened to me...FIRST has taught me so much more than anything I learned in the classroom. The thing with my team, is we are so close, we are family, and I have figured out so much about who I am because of FIRST. - princessnatalie [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I <3 robots
AKA: Luke Orr
FRC #1730 (Team Driven)

Rookie Year: 2011
thisOrrthat will become famous soon enough
1st Glance

Here is our first episode of 1st Glance. It was a special on Cow Town Throwdown. Enjoy and post comments for us to improve on before the season starts. We are hoping to do an episode every week during competitions. We will need help getting footage form different regionals. I will post on how you can help out the 1st Glance crew at a later date. we are hoping to do another practice run with our teams Junior robotics league in 2 weeks.
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9MERlGKYs
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Always a Midknight Inventor.
AKA: denim's in the genes.
FRC #1923 (The MidKnight Inventors)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1992
Libby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond reputeLibby K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1st Glance

Sounds a lot like Let's Talk FIRST. Let's talk about working together. Nice concept!
Founder, Captain, Operator, Regional Champion, & proud Alumni. I will always be a MidKnight Inventor.
Continuing my support from 2010 onward as a mentor & drive coach.

2010 to 2013: 229 Division By Zero and 4124 Integration by Parts
Clarkson University Mentor for FLL/FTC, & Lead Mentor for FRC.

-
questions? comments? concerns? | twitter: @libbyk | about.me/libbykamen
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Alumni
AKA: David Yoon
FRC #0589 (Falkons)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
davidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud ofdavidthefat has much to be proud of

I just watched the first minute or so of footage. I really suggest the anchor people to face the camera when speaking and act more "natural". They sound and act like robots (see the pun?) I think a close up of their face would be better than having both be on screen at one time. Most of the time it is awkward for the second person to be in the shot just staring somewhere.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I <3 robots
AKA: Luke Orr
FRC #1730 (Team Driven)

Rookie Year: 2011
thisOrrthat will become famous soon enough

we had a camera on in the front were they kept looking but the quality was so low after importing that you couldnt tell who was who, but we will keep it in mind for our next one.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:33 AM
FRC #3481 (Bronc Botz)

Rookie Year: 2009
Matthew Blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice video!

Thanks for interviewing my teammate Gabe (3481), I'll be sure to tease him about it later!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Coach
AKA: Jim Nazworthy
FRC #1730 (Team Driven)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2006
nazman is a name known to allnazman is a name known to allnazman is a name known to allnazman is a name known to allnazman is a name known to allnazman is a name known to all

I need to correct an item from my interview where I misspoke. Andy Baker did not say that Cow Town is one of the best off-season events he's been to or whatever nonsense I said on camera. What he did say was that if you added 10 teams the Cow Town ThrowDown would look a lot like a regional event.... Period. With my only other experience being IRI, I had no business speaking about other events.

I should have known better than to get in front of a camera. It seems I always find a way to put my foot in my mouth. To all of you who work so hard to put on off-season events, I sincerely appologize.

I would like to thank our partners at Cerner and AndyMark and all of our volunteers for just a fanstatic weekend. Team Driven is surely blessed to have such a great group of folks to work with.

Jim Nazworthy
Coach -- Team Driven #1730

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: