OCCRA
Go to Post This brings back childhood memories of playing with erector sets... Wait. I still do. :D - Whippet [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
FRC #3601

Greg Shaw is a jewel in the roughGreg Shaw is a jewel in the roughGreg Shaw is a jewel in the rough
FTC RobotC Programming Problems

I am a mentor of a rookie FTC team. We are using RobotC. We are having the following programming issues. To the best of my knowledge, the most recent drivers and firmware is downloaded and installed. We selected the sample program for basic joystick control.

We know the computer can communicate with the robot because we can run a basic forward movement autonomous program. We know the robot controller can communicate with the computer because when we follow the recommended instructions we get to a screen were there is a picture of our robot controller and whenever we push a button on the actual controller it that button is highlighted by the robot controller that is pictured on the screen.

According to the tutorial, what we see on the screen should be happening on the robot. This is not the case. We can communicate with the computer via the robot controller. We can communicate with the robot via the computer and the NXT. We cannot get the robot controller to control the robot. God bless anyone who can understand what I have just wrote and recommend a solution. I am sure you can tell I am very much a Novice.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
AKA: Oliver Graff
FRC #3780 (Robot Unicorn Attack)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
linuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to beholdlinuxboy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to linuxboy
Re: FTC RobotC Programming Problems

While running the program (little window with a start/stop button and a few others is showing) click on the menu item Robot->Debugger Windows->Joystick Control - FTC

In the new window click teleop: ready, then teleop: running, and you should be good to go!

Oliver
2012 Java & Hardware Beta Test
FTAA - Where is Wolcott Offseason 2011 - Mayhem In Merrimack Offseason 2011
Scorekeeper - Bash at the Beach 2011 - River Rage 15
WPI Regional 2011 - FRC 3780 - Rookie All Star Winners - Safety Pins
Field Reset - CTR 2011 - Boston 2011
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
FRC #3601

Greg Shaw is a jewel in the roughGreg Shaw is a jewel in the roughGreg Shaw is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the return message. I followed the steps that you suggested. I still have the same problem--the robot will not move. Despite the fact that the sample program shows up on the NXT and the computer indicates that it is tracking my use of the controller.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
All your auto points belong to us.
AKA: @doctorfogarty @UofSCFIRSTers @GarnetSq
FRC #4901 (4H Garnet Squadron Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
JohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant futureJohnFogarty has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JohnFogarty Send a message via Yahoo to JohnFogarty Send a message via Skype™ to JohnFogarty

Make sure you have in the "Default Tele-Op File" Selector selected the program you are testing otherwise the NXT will not be able to select the correct file.

Also for debugging purposes try opening your NXT Devices window to see if the power being sent to the motors when you move the joysticks is changing.
(2013) 1772 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
(2014 - ???) 4901 - 1 FRC Winning Alliance
http://www.garnetsquadron.com/
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:13 PM
FRC #3481 (Bronc Botz)

Rookie Year: 2009
Matthew Blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_1102 View Post
Make sure you have in the "Default Tele-Op File" Selector selected the program you are testing otherwise the NXT will not be able to select the correct file.
This is most likely your problem. Just make sure in the window that you have the correct program selected, sometimes it will be blank and therefore your NXT Brick will not be running a selected program. (Also make sure you have compiled and downloaded the program you are trying to run to the NXT Brick)

Also, you might want to try a wired connection to the NXT - run a USB cable from the computer to the NXT Brick port. (the cable you would use to update the firmware)

Last edited by Matthew Blake : 12-04-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: