Go to Post What is this "tired" of which you speak? Did it come in the KOP? - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:02 PM
PTC Engineer, Dean's List Finalist
AKA: Alexander Ouellet
FRC #0125
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2008
ouellet348 is on a distinguished road
Dean's List Banner/Quilt Announcement !

Attention Dean's List Finalist and Teams!

This year as a way to both appreciate and track the Dean's List Finalist I came up with an idea with the help of some volunteers.

We'd like to create a quilt made up of patches from every single Dean's List Finalist from the 2012 season. The quilt will be brought to championship and displayed so that everyone can see the different finalist and where they come from. This way people can see the names and teams of every single finalist. Hopefully this will not only make a great display, but it will also help people appreciate all the finalist from this year and bring them together.

The idea is to make the quilt out of patches made from the team shirts (or just fabric if that doesn't work for some) of each finalist. Each patch would have the finalist name and team number easily visible. The finalist could also sign the patch or add whatever personal touches they want. The idea here is to create a cohesive framework of each and every finalist to show not only who they are and where they come from, but what makes them special. So please make it as personal and special as possible!

Each patch should measure 12.5 inches by 12.5 inches. The effective size will only be 12x12 due to a 1/4 inch seam so be sure to carefully plan out the patch !

Please spread the word to your finalist from each regional to send in their patch! This will only work if every single finalist sends in a patch and I'd love this to get done! I'm not asking for any money for this, just pay the postage on the patches!

I plan to finish the quilt over April vacation so please get them in ASAP. If you know a finalist or even know someone on the same team as one PLEASE GET THEM THE NEWS!

Questions and Comments are welcome.

Please mail the patches to:

RAW-Robotics
ATTN Alexander Ouellet
50 Millwood Circle
Norwell, MA 02061
Team Captain
Team Mentor
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:34 PM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dean's List Banner/Quilt Announcement !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouellet348 View Post
Attention Dean's List Finalist and Teams!

Please spread the word to your finalist from each regional to send in their patch! This will only work if every single finalist sends in a patch and I'd love this to get done! I'm not asking for any money for this, just pay the postage on the patches!

I plan to finish the quilt over April vacation so please get them in ASAP. If you know a finalist or even know someone on the same team as one PLEASE GET THEM THE NEWS!
Michigan will not know the finalist until the weekend after Easter weekend. This is a really neat idea. I hope it won't be too late for Michigan teams to get theirs in.

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
from Vice Pres to College Mentor
FRC #0433 (The Firebirds)
Team Role: Alumni

HannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant futureHannahF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
Michigan will not know the finalist until the weekend after Easter weekend. This is a really neat idea. I hope it won't be too late for Michigan teams to get theirs in.
The same is true of Teams from MAR. I really love this idea.

~Hannah

2012 MAR CHA District Chairman's Award
2011 Philadelphia Regional Chairman's Award
2011 Washington DC Regional Website Award and KPC&B Entrepreneurship Award
Proud Mentor of FLL teams the CamdeNerdz and Robodogs
2010 Pittsburgh Regional Chairman's Award & KPC&B Entrepreneurship Award
2010 Philadephia Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2009 Philadelphia Regional Chairman's Award
2009 Connecticut Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2008 Philadelphia Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Alex spent a bit of time bouncing his idea around with me last night, answering the tough questions. I know that he is very aware of the quick turnaround for some of the upcoming Dean List Finalists and that's why he wants to make sure that we all help to spread the word.

I think this is a terrific idea and Alex has it very well planned out. From what he tells me, he has enlisted the help of some very dedicated and skilled volunteers in order to make this dream a reality.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneYoung View Post
Alex spent a bit of time bouncing his idea around with me last night, answering the tough questions. I know that he is very aware of the quick turnaround for some of the upcoming Dean List Finalists and that's why he wants to make sure that we all help to spread the word.

I think this is a terrific idea and Alex has it very well planned out. From what he tells me, he has enlisted the help of some very dedicated and skilled volunteers in order to make this dream a reality.

Jane
It will be pretty amazing! I agree it is a terrific idea! Can't wait to see it! I hope they display it somewhere at world's. I will definitely spread the word to the MI dean's list kids when they are announced!

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Onward through the fog.
FRC #0418 (LASA Robotics/Purple Haze)

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
It will be pretty amazing! I agree it is a terrific idea! Can't wait to see it! I hope they display it somewhere at world's. I will definitely spread the word to the MI dean's list kids when they are announced!
Yep. I love the idea that Alex has opened the patch (or quilt block) submission to 'personal touches' as well as a signature. I can only imagine how wonderful this will be.

Jane

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)

Last edited by JaneYoung : 03-27-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: tweaking
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
FRC #0125

I'll be sure to make sure that those from Michigan and MAR are included. I would never want anyone left out of it. Also it occurred to me that if the finalist wants they could also attach a button to their patch.

Please make sure finalist send in their patches ASAP! I haven't received very many and it's extremely important that all finalist send one in and are aware we are doing this. Please help spread the word to teams and finalist!
Team Captain
Team Mentor
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
FRC #1912 (Team Combustion)

Rookie Year: 2006
rachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond reputerachelholladay has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool idea! Im sending my piece in today.

2006 - 2013: FIRST Team 1912 Combustion (Webmaster / Controls Capt / Beta Test Lead / Drive Capt / JrFLL Coach)
2013 Woodie Flowers Finalist for Wendy Holladay. 2010 - 2013 Regional Chairman's Award at the Bayou Regional. 2011 - 2012 Best Website at the Bayou Regional. 2010 - 2013 Beta Test Team for Hardware and LabVIEW. 2012 JrFLL State Expo Coordinator.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
FRC #3481 (Bronc Botz)

Rookie Year: 2009
Matthew Blake is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds interesting, I'll see what I can do.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Lady Logistics
AKA: Renee
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Littleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleswimmer14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Littleswimmer14

Sending this link along to all the Dean's List students I know!

Renee

Mentor FRC 4690, 4545, 1529 ~ FRC 1675 Alumni
Co-Founder of Assisting Creative Energy - www.assistingcreativeenergy.com
Founder of the MN Alumni Organization, GO FIRST - Est. 2009
2011-2014 NEMO/Roundtable Meeting Facilitator- WI, IL, MN, IN
2012- 2013 FSM- MN & FRC 3184 Mentor
2013 - 2014 FIRST Vista - IN

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:27 PM
FRC #3196 (Team Spork)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2010
davidjgz is on a distinguished road

I just sent mine in the other day, I can't wait to see this fully complete.

teamspork.com
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM
FRC #0125

Hi guys,

I know many of you have been busy but it is really important to get your patches in ASAP. So far I have received about 10. If you really want to see this done we need everyone to get them in. Hopefully a large number are in the mail and will arrive soon. If you haven't sent yours in yet I highly recommend priority mail or overnighting it. Please spread the word and get your patches in ASAP!

Thanks guys and good luck in STL.
Team Captain
Team Mentor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: