OCCRA
Go to Post Don't short change your drivers. They really need drive time. - Joe Johnson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
The Dark Months of Chief Delphi
AKA: Gregor Browning
FRC #1310 (RUNNYMEDE ROBOTICS)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Gregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond repute
Songs at Events

What are some common songs played at events?

From your favourites to Cotton Eyed Joe
FLL 2010 Glen Ames Robotics-Student
FLL 2011-xxxx Glen Ames Robotics-Mentor
FRC 2012-2013 Team 907-Scouting Lead, Strategy Lead, Human Player, Driver
FRC 2014-xxxx Team 1310-Mechanical, Electrical, Strategy Co-Captain
Add me on Facebook
<Since 2011 How I came to be a FIRSTer
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2010
MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of
Re: Songs at Events

CUPID SHUFFLE!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Learning how to learn.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

But....but....Cotton Eyed Joe IS my favorite!

Also love a good Thunderstruck in the finals. And a Sirius for intros. And for this year's game, it's fun to hear A Warrior's Call played during some matches.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Duckie THE Duct Tape Enthusiast
AKA: Andrea Tribo
FRC #0365 (Miracle Workerz)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
DUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant futureDUCKIE has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to DUCKIE

If you do an "advanced search" through the search link on the orange menu bar for the word "Music" utilizing the "Search Titles Only" drop-down you will find tons of resources already created on this topic.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:01 AM

Gregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKIE View Post
If you do an "advanced search" through the search link on the orange menu bar for the word "Music" utilizing the "Search Titles Only" drop-down you will find tons of resources already created on this topic.
Thanks
Add me on Facebook
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Ship it!
AKA: Crystal Vongnaphone
FRC #1511 (Rolling Thunder)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2007
Waffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant futureWaffles has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Waffles Send a message via MSN to Waffles Send a message via Skype™ to Waffles

Robot Rock & Thunderstruck are two off the top of my head!!

I also heard You make me feel good, and I wanna go.

Intro sound effects for opening ceremonies were kinda obnoxious LOL
| Alumni | Leadership | Electrical | Media

Are you a Dean's list Finalist? Join our group!
Get the latest updates & important information on itsthedeanslist!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Director of Programming
AKA: Souvixada S.
FRC #1671 (Buchanan Bird Brains)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2005
rainbowdash is an unknown quantity at this point

God, I'm gonna sound ridiculous,
but what's the name of the the techno song used in the video at the beginning of the opening ceremonies?
It's the video where Dean Kamen and that one guy describes the object of Rebound rumble...
And the only lyric in it is "are you ready?!"
So it was stuck in my head enough that i figured out the notes and the melodic progression...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
CAD Leader
AKA: AK-Fo'7
FRC #1507 (The WARLOCKS)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Solidstate89 has a spectacular aura aboutSolidstate89 has a spectacular aura about

None of the music this year was too interesting to me. Granted most of the music I like isn't the most family friendly, so I perfectly understand them not getting a lot of play-time.

Still, I remember the first year of the FLR; whoever the DJ was, he was freaking awesome. Played Godsmack, Disturbed, Tool, System of a Down, and more. The gamut of bands that I enjoyed.

Never did get that kind of music playing ever again...
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
FABLab Team Captain
FRC #2252 (Mavericks)
Team Role: Mechanical

Jenn Feathers will become famous soon enough

Barbra Striesand!!!!!!
and Kickstart My Heart in the final match
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
no team (Volunteer)

alectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Feathers View Post
Barbra Striesand!!!!!!
does anyone have a good quality version of the one where they had changed the words at CMP?

Event Resume[2014]Auburn Mountainview (V) + Glacier Peak (V) + Spokane (V) + Shorewood (V) + Portland (V) + Championship (V) [2013]Portland (V) + Seattle (V) + Spokane (V) + Championship (V) [2012] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) + Autodesk Oregon Regional (V) + Spokane Regional (V) + Championships (V) [2011] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) [2010] Microsoft Seattle Regional(V) + Championship(V) [2009] Microsoft Seattle Regional (V) + Championships [2008] Microsoft Seattle Regional + Oregon Regional [2007] PNW Regional
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Dream FIRST
AKA: Giselle
FRC #0178 (2nd Law Enforcers)

Rookie Year: 2009
suzumebachi is on a distinguished road

Ahahaha, we kept singing Cupid Shuffle at the FIRST social thingy because it was stuck in our heads XD

And Caramelldansen, or the English version anyways... I know the swedish version better...
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
AKA: Andrew Blatner
FRC #0100 (The Wildhats)

Rookie Year: 2009
ablatner is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I never heard the the Pokemon theme song or "Final Countdown" at championships.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alectronic View Post
does anyone have a good quality version of the one where they had changed the words at CMP?
http://gobarbra.com/
Add me on Facebook
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-05-2012, 03:42 PM
no team (Volunteer)

alectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to beholdalectronic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor01 View Post
oh my gosh that's hysterical haha

Event Resume[2014]Auburn Mountainview (V) + Glacier Peak (V) + Spokane (V) + Shorewood (V) + Portland (V) + Championship (V) [2013]Portland (V) + Seattle (V) + Spokane (V) + Championship (V) [2012] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) + Autodesk Oregon Regional (V) + Spokane Regional (V) + Championships (V) [2011] Seattle Olympic/Cascade Regionals(V) [2010] Microsoft Seattle Regional(V) + Championship(V) [2009] Microsoft Seattle Regional (V) + Championships [2008] Microsoft Seattle Regional + Oregon Regional [2007] PNW Regional
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: