OCCRA
Go to Post Hold on to your shirts kids, here comes some physics... - JesseK [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Championship Event
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Inspired
FRC #1559 (Devil tech)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2008
Sean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant future
Championships: Day 2

I know SuperNerd256 started this thread for yesterdays happenings... and i hope he doesn't mind me hijacking the idea

I didn't get to watch as much of the live stream as i had hoped so i'd like to hear how the divisions went today.
Also, itd be neat to hear anything else that you found cool about the CMP this year! (Is the Kinect lounge area back?)

I know its Friday night and most teams won't be checking CD but for those of you who are: be generous!

Last edited by Sean Raia : 04-27-2012 at 06:36 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2010
MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of
Re: Championships: Day 2

Someone, PLEASE post all the award winners for today!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechCenter View Post
Someone, PLEASE post all the award winners for today!
I'll go ahead and do that: Award winners? What award winners?

Most of the awards are given on Saturday at the Championships. The only ones given Friday are WFA, Dean's List, and possibly Founders'. No robot awards--those are Saturday.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
AKA: Scooby
FRC #0125 (NUTRONs)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Steven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Donow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post

Most of the awards are given on Saturday at the Championships. The only ones given Friday are WFA, Dean's List, and possibly Founders'. No robot awards--those are Saturday.
Today they gave out Woodie Flowers, Dean's List, Volunteer of the Year, Website Award, and that new Future Innovator's Award...I don't remember any names but the Woodie Flowers winner was from Earl Scime from 2614 Website went to 115, and Volunteer of the Year was Dr. Aiden (SP?) Browne

EDIT: Thanks for the corrections, my bad on those.

FRC 125 [2013-Present]NUTRONs - Mentor/College Student

Last edited by Steven Donow : 04-27-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: got some names and made some errors
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Adam Reed ~ FIRST Volunteer
AKA: Adam Reed
FRC #0048 (Delphi E.L.I.T.E)
Team Role: Engineer

A_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to beholdA_Reed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend1994 View Post
Today they gave out Woodie Flowers, Dean's List, Volunteer of the Year, Website Award, and that new Future Innovator's Award...I don't remember any names but the Woodie Flowers winner was from Team 2614, Website went to 116, and Volunteer of the Year was Dr. Aiden (SP?) Browne
Earl Scime. I do believe.

Last edited by A_Reed : 04-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
NickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond reputeNickE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend1994 View Post
Today they gave out Woodie Flowers, Dean's List, Volunteer of the Year, Website Award, and that new Future Innovator's Award...I don't remember any names but the Woodie Flowers winner was from Team 2614, Website went to 116, and Volunteer of the Year was Dr. Aiden (SP?) Browne
Website was 115
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
AKA: Brett
FRC #4520 (Misfit Toys)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2011
Scimor5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have the list of dean's list winners?
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post

The one I care about the most is Dean's List, but mainly only because one of our team member's is (was) a finalist.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

Sean, hijack my threads all you want (please, I've started way too many. )

The last match on Newton was just amazing to me. 1717 vs. 118 was awesome. It's obvious that as the day goes on tomorrow, 1717 will continue being the first ranked team after their complete domination today. Who they will pick is now the question. Will they go with 118, who is a complete awesome scorer and matched them in teleop points during their last round today, or will they go with the famed Las Gurillas, who have been great offensive beasts despite some small accuracy issues I'm sure they'll fix, and have more triple balance experience than 118?

Only time will tell.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Steve
AKA: Steve
FRC #0578 (Red Raider Robotics)
Team Role: Scout

Rookie Year: 2009
stundt1 will become famous soon enoughstundt1 will become famous soon enough

I'm wondering of the upending upcoming of the split of 987 and 341. If 233 wins their match tomorrow and gets co-op then 987 and 341 could be split up. By running the numbers 987 looks to go undefeated. 233 looks to have a close match to 1986. So that match that 233 has could determine the whole outcome of curie. Interesting....

Also shout out to 3173 from the Rochester area. They are ranked second in Galileo!
Add Team 578 on
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
FIRST on my mind
AKA: Evan Raitt
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Tetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond reputeTetraman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stundt1 View Post
Also shout out to 3173 from the Rochester area. They are ranked second in Galileo!
As the team who selected 3173 for their alliance, we can't express how excited we are for 3173. Lots of shoutouts indeed.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Mentor
FRC #4488 (Shockwave)

Thad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond repute

We ran into some bad luck the last 2 matches of the day, but we are still doing good in the rankings, and our match tomorrow should be fun.
2014 Districts: 2x #1 Seed, 2x Champions, DCA, Industrial Design
2014 District Championships: #3 Seed, #1 Pick, Finalist, Quality Award. 337 District Points, #1 in District.
2014 Galileo: #2 Pick, Finalist!

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
That dude in the Golden Hat
AKA: Walter Deitzler
FRC #3397 (Robolions)
Team Role: Leadership

LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm. It seems when checking the FIRST website that 3481 is ranked both first and second at the end of the day...

That might be a major upset, might it?

Edit:: It also seems that 2826 is 3rd and 4th...
These are both in Archimedes.

(Hanging out with my buddies at 610)
Robotics, it's not just a club, it's a career.
FLL Referee (2012-Present)

2014 Gateway Robotics Challenge winners (With 2481 and 1985)
2011 St. Louis Regional Winners (With 1985 and 3284)
2010 Highest Rookie Seed

Last edited by LedLover96 : 04-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
4 Banners, 6 medals, 1 insane year!
AKA: Brendan Browne, Sensei, Mentuar
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup Robotics) 1519 (Alumni)

BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to BrendanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedLover96 View Post
Hmmmmm. It seems when checking the FIRST website that 3481 is ranked both first and second at the end of the day...

That might be a major upset, might it?

Edit:: It also seems that 2826 is 3rd and 4th...
Something is messed up with the sheet, if you look you'll notice that every team is entered twice.

2013 Pine Tree Regional Champions with 2648 and 2386 + Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Archimedes Judges Award
2014 UNH District Champions with 58 & 4555 + Chairmans Award
2014 Northeastern District Champions with 125 & 5000 + Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 New England District Championship Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 Archimedes Division Champions with 2590, 1625, & 1477
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:37 PM
That dude in the Golden Hat
AKA: Walter Deitzler
FRC #3397 (Robolions)
Team Role: Leadership

LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanB View Post
Something is messed up with the sheet, if you look you'll notice that every team is entered twice.
Now I see it, thanks for the tip!

(Hanging out with my buddies at 610)
Robotics, it's not just a club, it's a career.
FLL Referee (2012-Present)

2014 Gateway Robotics Challenge winners (With 2481 and 1985)
2011 St. Louis Regional Winners (With 1985 and 3284)
2010 Highest Rookie Seed
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: