OCCRA
Go to Post There is no such thing as reading too much into things. Such ideas are blasphemous in nature! - Guppy294 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
That dude in the Golden Hat
AKA: Walter Deitzler
FRC #3397 (Robolions)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2010
LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Game?

To take the spotlight away from the FMS issues and to focus on something more fun and lighthearted, what do you think (or hope) next year's game will be? I personally want to see a game with moving targets and/or multiple ways to score. I also want to see some type of game piece that either a) hasn't been used on a while or, b) hasn't been used at all.

Does 2013= Return of the tetras?

Ideas? Thoughts?

(Hanging out with my buddies at 610)
Robotics, it's not just a club, it's a career.
FLL Referee (2012-Present)

2014 Gateway Robotics Challenge winners (With 2481 and 1985)
2011 St. Louis Regional Winners (With 1985 and 3284)
2010 Highest Rookie Seed
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of
Re: 2013 Game?

Seeing as the just had a couple of shooting games and another racking game, I think they're going back to a stacking game.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

Completely agree with a stacking game.

But honestly... its too early for this.

Team 77WHO?! 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
FRC #0840 (ART)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2005
bduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond reputebduddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedLover96 View Post
Does 2013= Return of the tetras?
I've been thinking about that... last year was a lot like 2007 (hanging tubes on pegs), and this year was a lot like 2006 (shooting balls into high goals... also Bill said in his talk that the "backup plan" for this year was to redo Aim High with minor changes!). Could that mean that next year will be a lot like 2005? Making new games a lot like older games could be a way to achieve the GDC's stated goal of creating two games in the time normally reserved for one... it would also make me happy, as Triple Play is still one of my favorites.

*generic TBA signature*
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

Even I want a small break now that the season's over.

Too....soon.....

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:23 PM
FRC #3397 (Robolions)

LedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond reputeLedLover96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
Completely agree with a stacking game.

But honestly... its too early for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd256 View Post
Even I want a small break now that the season's over.

Too....soon.....
I see what you guys mean, but I started this thread to take some of the focus of the the FMS woes right now and give people a nice, fun thread to think about and read.

Otherwise, I would have waited too.

Maybe the game this year will be stacking water filled bins...

2010 Highest Rookie Seed
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:27 PM

Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedLover96 View Post
I see what you guys mean, but I started this thread to take some of the focus of the the FMS woes right now and give people a nice, fun thread to think about and read.

Otherwise, I would have waited too.

Maybe the game this year will be stacking water filled bins...
The tetras don't look too much fun to play with. Look too complex and frustrating.

I like the past, but I want something like 2010: Original. But it should be fun to play like this year.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:32 PM
incurable FIRSTaholic
FRC #0846 (Funky Monkeys)

Rookie Year: 2008
Chinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to beholdChinmay is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Chinmay

3 words "Super Smash Brothers"

Anyone else hear the theme music playing after the introduction of lots of the presenters. Im not saying I didnt like it, I think its a clue for next years game

Also, the use of pirates of the Caribbean music was just awesome during the matches (I think during division eliminations).

http://www.becauserobots.org
Man is a robot with Defects
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:34 PM
WPI '17
AKA: Brandon Bozeat
FRC #0358 (Robotic Eagles)
Team Role: Alumni

brndn is a jewel in the roughbrndn is a jewel in the roughbrndn is a jewel in the roughbrndn is a jewel in the rough

Could we copy and paste the entire "2012 Game" thread and scratch off anything suggested that's remotely similar to Rebound Rumble?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
3 words "Super Smash Brothers"

Anyone else hear the theme music playing after the introduction of lots of the presenters. Im not saying I didnt like it, I think its a clue for next years game

Also, the use of pirates of the Caribbean music was just awesome during the matches (I think during division eliminations).
A lot of people noticed Smash Bros. I can see it now: "Break the targets!"

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:37 PM
FRC #3397 (Robolions)

Quote:
The tetras don't look too much fun to play with. Look too complex and frustrating.

I like the past, but I want something like 2010: Original. But it should be fun to play like this year.
I think that the end game should be some combination of 2011 and 2012.
Why 2011? Because it was a race, and whoever won it got more points, making the endgame HUGE at every level, as opposed to this game, where, by the time you got to division finals, everyone was tripleing. But I also want the endgame to be exiting to watch, like the bridge balancing, as opposed to minibots that moved to fast to see or too slow to care.

2010 Highest Rookie Seed
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:47 PM
New year, new team
FRC #1197 (Torbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2003
EricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond reputeEricH has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to EricH

Quote:
Look past that. The World Champions and World Finalists had extremely simple grabbers. The multi-tetra grabbers were the complex ones.

Actually, I'd like to see a return of the Stack Attack bins. Or use the KOP bins as game objects. Something with bins would be quite the twist--and 10 years after Stack Attack, perfect timing.
2012: FRC4046 Schroedinger's Dragons

Read the rules and make a picklist before thinking about winning a competition.

"Rockets are tricky..."--Elon Musk
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM
AKA: Bryan
FRC #2052 (KnightKrawler)

Rookie Year: 2007
Tanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to beholdTanis is a splendid one to behold

Maybe Dave Lavery left us a clue somewhere... Quick, start analyzing his speech!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
AKA: Harsharan "Harsh" Dhaliwal
FRC #2073 (Eagleforce)
Team Role: Coach

MrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud ofMrTechCenter has much to be proud of

Haha. Everybody's trying to find hints everywhere. I bet they haven't even decided on next year's game yet.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:52 PM
FRC #3397 (Robolions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Maybe Dave Lavery left us a clue somewhere... Quick, start analyzing his speech!
Hmmm, lets see... Something about his day job= the sun (because sun=day)= PLASMA GAME!

2010 Highest Rookie Seed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: