OCCRA
Go to Post I'm sure someone somewhere worked [I]really hard[/I] on this and I congratulate them for the attempt. Unfortunately, its one of those things that should be taken down and recorded in the company journal as a bad idea. - Katie_UPS [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Alum & Swag Coordinator Emeritus
AKA: Nathan Hakkakzadeh
FRC #1836 (Team 1836: The Milkenknights)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
drkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant futuredrkabob has a brilliant future
Introducing SwagDrive. The drive code of the future.

So I attended the World Championships this year. It was great seeing all these high level robots. However, I had a problem with them, they drove too straight. They drove with too much precision. There was no sense of "YOLO", the robots did not drive with enough swag.

So I decided to remedy this issue at the programming level, by creating SwagDrive. SwagDrive increases the robot's level of swag by at least ten-fold. By using new and innovative algorithms (or rather "swagorithms"), SwagDrive decreases the robot's consistency and accuracy so that when it drives on the playing field it looks a lot cooler.

It is similar to ArcadeDrive with some important modifications. If the change on an axis is not larger than the "swag barrier", it will multiplied by the "swag multiplier" in order to "swag up" the driver's inputs. If the input is larger then the "swag barrier" for that particular cycle, then the robot's "swag level" increases by one. If the "swag level" becomes over 9000 the robot enters a moment of ultimate swag and rotates for one "swag period" (truly a YOLO move). Many of these values still need to be tuned and modified to achieve optimal swag.

You can find an example implementation written in Java by clicking here. While I have yet to test SwagDrive on a real robot, I can assure you that it will swag up your robot.

I look forward to your comments and hope that we can improve SwagDrive for future competitions.

(If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a joke. You can find 1836's robot code here by our main coder. I would strongly recommend not using the SwagDrive code on your robot, as you will likely lose control and possibly hurt the robot and the people around it.)
Twitter: @drkabob
Reddit: /u/drkabob

Check out our team's website! http://themilkenknights.com/
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
"Mentor"
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2010
connor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond reputeconnor.worley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Introducing SwagDrive. The drive code of the future.

This is truly innovative. Can't wait to run it at IRI.

Team 1538 (2011-2014)
2014 Driver (25W 17L 1T)
2012-2014 Manager of Software and Electrical
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
AKA: David Carr
FRC #3309 (Friarbots)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
dcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond reputedcarr has a reputation beyond repute

Pics/vids or shenanigans.

Team3309.org
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:55 PM
AKA: Josh P.
FRC #1675 (Ultimate Protection Squad)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2007
BigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond reputeBigJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the perfect drive for Tem 254: Teh Chesy Pofs.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
VP of Programming, Driver
AKA: David Donahue
FRC #2996 (Cougars Gone Wired)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2011
blackflame2996 is a name known to allblackflame2996 is a name known to allblackflame2996 is a name known to allblackflame2996 is a name known to allblackflame2996 is a name known to allblackflame2996 is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to blackflame2996

I don't know if we would tell the difference; our driver drives like that anyway.
2013 Regional Chairman's Award
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Excellence is Bliss
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
AlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond reputeAlecMataloni has a reputation beyond repute

What happens when everything becomes fully swagged out? Also, does my robot need to have collar-popping functionality to use every feature? Otherwise, looks like it's pretty easy to turn my swag on even as a rookie.

I should totally try this out. I don't know much about code, but oh well , you only live once.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:32 PM
The guy stuck pushing the robot
AKA: Saikiran Ramanan
FRC #3476 (Code Orange)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
saikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to beholdsaikiranra is a splendid one to behold

I guess it won't be much of a change compared to us veering right when sending an only forward signal...

This would have been perfect for Team Harlem Shake videos.

We will be testing this tomorrow.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Smooth Talker/Recon & Strategy Lead
FRC #1388 (AGHS Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2012
Jackladd is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone please actually do this?
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:35 AM
FRC #3138 (Innovators Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Michael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflame2996 View Post
I don't know if we would tell the difference; our driver drives like that anyway.
Just multiply the inputs by -1 and it's drive CORRECTING code.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
AKA: Mechanical, Electrical, CAD...Everything
FRC #3502
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2013
thinker&planner will become famous soon enoughthinker&planner will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Introducing SwagDrive. The drive code of the future.

We already have a program that does this, because we have mecanum wheels and a gyro, we spin in circles down the field. We haven't actually used this in a match (except for a mishap with our autonomous in a practice match (http://www.theroboshow.net/ ep.1 about 10:00)), but at public events it is great.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM
AKA: Bobby Garcia, AKA: #Catalyst
FRC #2789 (TEXplosion)
Team Role: Coach

2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future2789_B_Garcia has a brilliant future

I've been working on a holla-nomic drive train where the wheels are angled to give alliance partners rep, props and street cred, but I've run into some electrical feedback problems with the wheels giving the props only to the chassis that they are mounted to...I've been calling this phenomenon "hollaback" lol

2014 Texas Robot Roundup Winners (with 624, 118 & Pearland Robotics Pre-Rookie Team)
2014 Texas Robotics Invitational Finalists (with 148, 3735 & 3999)
2014 Dallas Regional Quarterfinalists (with 2587 & 5057)
2014 Alamo Regional Finalists (With 2468 & 148)
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:20 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute

One of the CSA's told a story at dinner about a team with a robot that would inexplicably stutter. They search the code looking for parallel updates to motors, bad math, etc.

They ultimately stumbled across a parallel VI stuck in the corner named "Harlem Shake". Not sure who the joke was on, but its one they will remember for awhile.

Greg McKaskle
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Adrian Clark is a jewel in the roughAdrian Clark is a jewel in the roughAdrian Clark is a jewel in the roughAdrian Clark is a jewel in the rough

highest # of posts to rep ratio I've ever seen. well done sir.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Flybotix Fanatic
FRC #1885 (iLITE)

Rookie Year: 2005
JesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond repute

This is almost as cool as a triple-Killough nona-drive.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM
The Dark Months of Chief Delphi
AKA: Gregor Browning
FRC #1310 (Runnymede Robotics)
Team Role: Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Gregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond reputeGregor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Clark View Post
highest # of posts to rep ratio I've ever seen. well done sir.
Sorry, I don't think anyone will ever come close to this.
FLL 2010 Glen Ames Robotics-Student
FLL 2011-xxxx Glen Ames Robotics-Mentor
FRC 2012-2013 Team 907-Scouting Lead, Strategy Lead, Human Player, Driver
FRC 2014-xxxx Team 1310-Mechanical, Electrical, Strategy
Add me on Facebook
<Since 2011 How I came to be a FIRSTer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: