Go to Post If FIRST isn't your life, then you're doing something wrong! - BandChick [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Business and Strategy
FRC #4814 (URL)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2012
Jilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud ofJilani has much to be proud of
Team 4814, Reflections on our 2013 Season

We are Team 4814, a rookie team from London Ontario, Canada. We have come a long way from almost not having a team due to the Ontario Teacher Strike.

This is Our Story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57NxXjyYpw

[If you need a reason to watch]

Our success would not have been possible without the support of our Sponsors and Parents. There are also a few teams we would like to thank for helping us have an absolutely stellar rookie season.

1114 – Ever since the start of the season, we tried to emulate our team like you guys, striving for excellence and gracious professionalism, both on and off the field. You guys were extremely friendly at GTR West (Karthik, you’re the best!). We were rooting for you guys at Champs, and were really hoping for you guys to win it all again on Einstein. Even after your climber had issues, we were amazed by how close you guys were able to keep the score. We look forward to competing with you guys at IRI and the upcoming season!

2056 – Words still cannot describe how happy we felt when we got picked by you and 1114. It was truly an unbelievable moment. We learned a lot from you guys playing together in the elimination matches at GTR West. Play smart and play to your strengths – we really took this to heart. When we realized you were also in Curie, thoughts of pairing up with you guys were already running through heads. During the elimination matches, we were cheering for you, hoping we could meet again in the final matches of Curie. We wish you guys the best of luck at IRI and the upcoming season!

67- When the list of teams in Curie were released we quickly established you and 2056 as the main contenders for the 1st alliance, we joked about how amazing it would be if once again we were the 3rd pick for the 1st alliance. Going from that mindset to being in a position to pick you was just CRAZY. I calmly called your number but on the inside I freaking out at the fact that we, a rookie team, just asked a Hall of Fame team to join our alliance. It was incredible. Our elimination run with you and 1918 was surreal. Thanks so much for carrying our alliance to the finals in Curie, we were so close to making it onto Einstein.

1918 – We were shocked that you were left that late in the draft, easily the steal of the second round at Curie. We watched a few of your matches at MSC before going to St. Louis and were awestruck at how you were able to do every single part of the game extremely well (floor pickup, shoot, less than 30sec 30 pt climb and dump). Probably one of the most inspirational moments for me was seeing you guys work so hard to maintain your robot after those 2 falls. Those falls from the pyramid would have been season ending for any other team!

1310 – Coopetition at its best. Thank you for helping us out with scouting and strategy for Curie. As a rookie team we underestimated the value of scouting (who would’ve thought we would go 8-0?), but you were there to help us, even though it was against your best interest.

3756 – It was a pleasure to work with you this year. This season has made us into one big family. It was really easy for us to forget that we were two teams! Our time together at GTR West and Champs was amazing, thank you for being such an amazing mentor team. Feel the heat!

I would also like to thank our main sponsor Western Engineering. WE FIRST is a FIRST robotics mentorship club started up at Western University Canada to help mentor FIRST teams in the area. This year, due to the entire teacher labor dispute in Ontario, they took a leap of faith and founded a community based FRC team. We only had one mentor over the age of 23, with 7 mentors being university students. They’ve sacrificed a lot for us to have a team this season, and have taught us so much. We will always be grateful for their help this season and for many seasons to come.

Team 4814, will be the only rookie team competing at IRI! Make sure to come and say hi!

Check out Team 4814's 2013 Season Recap Documentary: Team 4814, The Start of a New Era
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Team Leader, Programmer, CAD, Scout
AKA: Joel
FRC #4334 (Alberta Tech Alliance)

joelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond reputejoelg236 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team 4814, Reflections on our 2013 Season

Great job guys. I'm always happy seeing rookie teams do well.
Github
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:44 PM
the Dreamer
AKA: Alex

Rookie Year: 2008
lemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Connecting post-secondary institutions with FIRST teams does wonders.
EDIT: I totally know that "seeing our robots next to 1114 and 2056" feeling.

Last edited by lemiant : 06-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
AKA: Matt F
FRC #1425 (Error Code Xero)
Team Role: College Student

Matthx is an unknown quantity at this point

The video is awesome. The story is inspiring. The team is amazing.

The whole time watching I was just like "Woah, these guys get it. They get it on so many levels." Even without the end results being quite so awesome, the effort your team put into absolutely everything (scouting, strategy, persevering, etc.) would've been awe inspiring on its own.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
AKA: Joe Barry
FRC #0987 (HIGH ROLLERS)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2002
JB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond reputeJB987 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job documenting your season and a well produced season recap video! Just goes to show how important it is to be able to change game plans or designs to adapt to circumstances as needed.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:53 PM
the Dreamer
AKA: Alex

Rookie Year: 2008
lemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond reputelemiant has a reputation beyond repute

What's the credits song by the way?

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:07 PM
FRC #4814
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2011
MSawan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemiant View Post
What's the credits song by the way?
The song is Hummer by Reaktor Production, www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDMZvdZlb7w
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
registered lurker
AKA: Jake McCann
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2011
themccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond reputethemccannman has a reputation beyond repute

You guys really had a killer rookie season, during our final curie elimination match I was happy we were against you because I thought you guys would take Einstein if you beat us. I really can't explain how impressed I am with your team.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Team Captain / Driver
FRC #1099 (Disco Techs)

Rookie Year: 2010
Samwaldo is a name known to allSamwaldo is a name known to allSamwaldo is a name known to allSamwaldo is a name known to allSamwaldo is a name known to allSamwaldo is a name known to all

The whole time, the word inspirational was all that could come to mind. I took so many lessons out of your video. It was so worth the time watching the whole video.

2013 (Public Relations Leader):
Boston Regional: Spirit Award Winners (Driver)
Where's Wolcott & Bash @ The Beach: Finalists (Driver)

2012 (Head of Media):
Boston Regional, Hartford Regional, and Bash @ the Beach Quarter Finalists (Driver)
Where's Wolcott Semi Finalist

2011 (Team Videographer):
Boston Regional Winner
Where's Wolcott and Bash @ the Beach Semi Finalists (Driver)
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Currently teamless
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2006
Akash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond reputeAkash Rastogi has a reputation beyond repute

Exceptional video and team! Hope to hang out a bit at IRI.

['13- 14]: Alumni/Mentor FRC 11 - MORT 2014 Robot Reveal
['12-'14]: Mentor FRC 2495

['11-'13]: Co-Founder/Mentor FRC 3929
['06-'10]: Student FRC 11- MORT
['08-'12]: Founder - EWCP
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Jno
FRC #0610 (Crescent Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2004
Jonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond reputeJonathan Norris has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jonathan Norris

Amazing video, I'm really looking forward to meeting your team next year. I know that starting a team(s) through a University has unique challenges and opportunities, with all the success you've had this year your program is on the right track and will only grow from here.
K-Botics Team 2809 Founding Mentor ('09-'11)
Queen's University Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science '11

Crescent Robotics Team 610 Alumni
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:15 PM
<< (2008 Game Piece)
FRC #1918 (NC Gears)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2006
Wayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond reputeWayne TenBrink has a reputation beyond repute

What a phenomenal season! Not only did you tear it up on the field, but it is obvious that you all (students and mentors alike) were inspired, learned a lot about yourselves, and picked up some useful STEM experience as well. Great video, too.

It was a real honor to play with you and 67 on Curie. We all gave it our best and almost made it to Einstein. Our poor old robot still isn't all the way back together, but it should be at 100% for the off season. The floor is a long way from the top of the tower.

Good luck at IRI, and we hope to join you on the field again sometime.

FRC 1918 (Attending Gull Lake, West MI, & Lansing)
FTC 6043 & 7911
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Karthik's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Achievement through enthusiasm
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 1998
Karthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond reputeKarthik has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to all of Team 4814 for putting together one of the most epic rookie seasons in FIRST history. 4334 set the bar pretty high last year, but you wrote a pretty amazing story yourselves. I've always had a lot of close ties and fond memories attached to Western University, so it's great to see how they've stepped up and supported FIRST in the London area.

To the entire FIRST community, you need to watch some of the videos that 4814 has put together. These guys totally know how to promote FIRST and "Make It Loud". The production quality of what they've put out is amazing; I can't wait to see what they make next!
"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -- R.W. Emerson
"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen" -- R.W. Emerson
My TEDx Talk - The Subtle Secrets of Success
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:48 AM
FRC #2594 (NASKCO)

OWilliamson is a glorious beacon of lightOWilliamson is a glorious beacon of lightOWilliamson is a glorious beacon of lightOWilliamson is a glorious beacon of lightOWilliamson is a glorious beacon of light

Great job you guys! I loved watching you guys throughout Champs, and it was definitely an amazing rookie run!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:02 AM
FRC #2537

gabrielau23 is just really nicegabrielau23 is just really nicegabrielau23 is just really nicegabrielau23 is just really nice

I'd love to watch it but youtube is blocked at my school right now..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: