| Whether we realize it or not, we've all been touched by the works of Dr. Kamen - through his TED talks, through his research and scores of publications in pediatric oncology, or perhaps more directly through his daughter. What an incredible life, what an incredible legacy. - Taylor [more] |
»About Unsung FIRST Heroes
|Unsung FIRST Heroes
The FIRST community oftentimes does not commend or appreciate many of the volunteer members for their actions, something that we felt was overlooked time and time again.
This is our way, and Chief Delphi's way, of saying thank you - thank you for all the work these individuals have done, and thank you for their commitment to this program. The dedication of people like the Unsung FIRST Heroes makes FIRST what it is. They exude gracious professionalism, a great mental spirit, and the fortitude that make us all proud to be involved. They are an inspiration to this FIRST community and an excellent example.
They are the Unsung FIRST Heroes.
How it works:
- Members of the CD community submit nominations of people who they believe are Unsung FIRST Heroes. This can include all types of people involved in FIRST – there is no limit to the impact that one individual can have on this program.
- Nominations are evaluated by an elected committee, and are put through two rounds of judging:
- The first round consists of a 1-10 rating of the nomination by each judge. Nominations with an average rating of 7.0 or higher will go on to the second round of judging. If a nomination does not receive the sufficient rating, it is put into a queue where it is temporarily held. If another nomination is written for that nominee, all previous nominations are considered in the final judgment. Therefore, even if a person has five failed nominations, if they eventually receive a nomination that does pass the 7.0 rating, all nominations are considered for the second round of judging.
- The second round of judging considers all previous nominations. Each judge must place a yes/no rating to each nomination (or group of nominations) based on several factors:
- Strength of nomination(s)
- Appropriateness of nomination(s)
- Qualities exemplified
- Effect on the FIRST community
- Gracious Professionalism
- Nominees selected to become Unsung FIRST Heroes will be contacted and profiled. The individual who wrote the nomination will not be notified at this time.
- A new honoree will debut on the first of each month, and their picture and profile will be honored on ChiefDelphi for the entire month. There will be a maximum of 12 honorees each year.
- The UFH Forum is a place where you can discuss each honoree, share stories, thank them, provide words of encouragement, etc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.