PDA

View Full Version : Email Notification

Justin Ridley
06-06-2001, 05:17 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. Everytime there is a reply to a thread I posted in, I get an email notifying me. I changed my user options to no for this, but it still happens. I think it's a cool idea, but I get enough emails already and would like to get rid of this function. Any possible solutions Brandon?

Thanks,
Justin

mike o'leary
06-06-2001, 05:24 PM
i had the same problem...i thought it was a good idea in theory, but then i ended up getting like 10 plus email notifications about replies per day
so i changed my options to 'no' and i kept getting them...but then like a couple of days ago they stopped so i guess it just takes a little while for the thing to change it

Jay Lundy
06-06-2001, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it's because once you are registered to a thread, you have to remove yourself from that thread by going to the user cp to stop recieving emails. The option that you unchecked simply defaults "Email notification" to unchecked on all your future posts but does not affect your previous subscriptions at all. You actually have to goto the user cp and goto the "subscribed threads" area.

mike o'leary
06-06-2001, 09:01 PM
/me hits myself for not thinking of that

Brandon Martus
06-06-2001, 10:07 PM
yep.

the control panel setting will only work for any future posts.
the previous ones (as Jay pointed out) are still marked with email notification.