PDA

View Full Version : WHO WATCHED??

archiver
06-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Posted by Erin at 2/6/2001 9:53 PM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Wow!!! That was a great report on Dean. He spoke so well. He makes me realize how important it is in life to be true to your own passions and not care about what the rest of the world is so superficially concerned with. Wow... I am totally amazed. and he spoke so well!! congrats to 340, 111, 45, 131, and 175 for being on national tv :) that was so cool!!!

what are your thoughts?
-erin
"the unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates

archiver
Posted by Matt Leese at 2/6/2001 9:59 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: WHO WATCHED??
Posted by Erin on 2/6/2001 9:53 PM EST:

Matt was on TV!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, not me, another Matt. But he's on my team now (not Buzz). YAY!!!!!!!! He was the driver for Buzz jumping up and down in the picture. Wow. I'm really excited by that aren't I?

Matt (not the one from Buzz)

archiver
Posted by Steve Prairie at 2/6/2001 10:06 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

Great interview. It showed the rest of the world what Dean has showed us, that you can have alot of fun and help alot of people with Science and Technology. Too bad they didn't talk about FIRST for more than 30 seconds though. By the way, did you realize that Dean's currency for North Dumpling Island is Pi?

-Steve

I want a PI dollar bill!

archiver
Posted by Mike Soukup at 2/6/2001 10:08 PM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling and Motorola.

It was a great piece on Dean, and a good look at his views & outlook on life. My brother's fiance didn't know anything about Dean and didn't know much about FIRST, but after the segment, she said that any program run by Dean has a great chance at succeeding. I'm sure everyone would agree with that quote.

When I saw the tie-dye, I thought it may be Wildstang, then I saw Aaron & Dan - congrats to you two for getting on. It was also good to see last year's bot. Congrats to the other teams as well - I don't know who you are since I'm new.

Mike

archiver
Posted by PAUL GIANNOSA at 2/6/2001 10:37 PM EST

Engineer on team #27, TEAM RUSH, from OSMTECH and TEXTRON AUTOMOTIVE CO..

: Wow!!! That was a great report on Dean. He spoke so well. He makes me realize how important it is in life to be true to your own passions and not care about what the rest of the world is so superficially concerned with. Wow... I am totally amazed. and he spoke so well!! congrats to 340, 111, 45, 131, and 175 for being on national tv :) that was so cool!!!

: what are your thoughts?
: -erin
: "the unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates

HEY. I WATCHED. I SAW. I WAS AMAZED. DEAN IS REALLY A CAPTIVATING PERSON TO STUDY. I FEEEL I AM REALLY FORTUNNATE TO BE PART OF AN ORGANIZATION HE REPRESENTS. WHEN I GROW UP, I WANT TO HAVE HIS CRIB!I AM SUPRISED THE MEDIA DIDN'T BADGER HIM FOR MORE INFO ON "IT". NORMALLY THEY WON'T LEAVE A PERSON ALONE UNTIL THEY BREAK THEIR WILL INTO TINY PIECES ON THE CARPET TO GET WHAT THEY WANT. THEY EVEN LET HIM GET A SHOT OFF ABOUT FIRST!! I AM ALSO IMPRESSED THAT THE MAN PRACTICES WHAT HE PREACHES-DON'T WATCH TV- DEVELOPE AND APPLY NEW TECHNOLOGY- MAKE USE OF THE SPACE IN BETWEEN YOUR EARS FOR MORE THAN A MEDIA DUMPSTER AND USE YOUR CPU TO MAKE THIS CRAPPY WORLD OF "STUFF" BETTER FOR ALL TO LIVE. I WONDER IF HE LIKES DRAG RACING TOO? PMGRACER

archiver
Posted by Ed Sparks at 2/6/2001 11:17 PM EST

Engineer on team #34, The Rockets, from Bob Jones High / New Century High and DaimlerChrysler.

Great interview! I think my wife finally understands why I bury myself in this program every year .......

archiver
Posted by Mike King at 2/7/2001 12:24 AM EST

Coach on team #88, TJē, from Bridgewater Raynham and Johnson & Johnson Professional.

I recorded it. It's in an MP2 format. File size is about 700meg. I want to use realvideo format to shrink it (or something of a like idea). Any idea's? I get about 5% of the way converting from mp2 to AVI (nessacary since RealMedia doens't directly accept MP2) and the file size hits around 1.5 gigs. My only option seems to let it go all the way thru. (the file size seems like it would be phenomenal. Also, there is the 2 gig file size limit for AVI 1.0 (AVI2.0 is unlimited)

archiver
Posted by Matt Leese at 2/9/2001 10:44 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Fiber Technologies & RIT.

In Reply to: I taped it
Posted by Mike King on 2/7/2001 12:24 AM EST:

You can try converting it to use Divx ;-D encoding but the legality of that format is up in the air (supposedly it's a stolen copy of a beta of Microsofts MPEG4 Codec but I really don't have much of a clue about that). Otherwise, you might try an ASF format. It'd be nice to see but 60 mintues might have a problem with you distributing it.

Matt