PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will do well at Nationals?

Jestin Hashop
02-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Who do you think will do well at Nationals?

I can't wait to see how Baxter does. They did well at the Lone Star Regional last year.

E. The Kidd
02-26-2003, 02:20 PM
I don't think that you can answer that question because of the way different stratagies will play out, also the way to win in the elim rounds has changed this year (or at least i think it did)

Joe Matt
02-26-2003, 02:22 PM
I think king of the hill bots will win. If you can get on top of the ramp and stay on top at the end, you will be good to go. If you can move boxes to your side multipul ways (over ramp, over bar, etc) then you will win.

Three things win this year: staying on top of the ramp, bin movement, and robot indurence.

Gadget470
02-26-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't think we can judge past quality for this years. Sure, there will always be the powerhouse teams.. 45, 68, 71, etc. But this years game has much more than sheer drive power as last years did.

This year, every team made a gamble in what they chose to build. Stackers may repent because they can't get on the hill and lose. King bots may repent because they couldn't stack and lose.

There are too many factors, it will be a display of a lot of teamwork and efficiancy. I don't think much of anything else will matter.

kane
02-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Gadget470
But this years game has much more than sheer drive power as last years did.

I think its about the same as last years: If you could push well it was a good bet you could control the game compleatly.

Judging from the scrimages the winner will be the person who can knock over the stack first because they seemed to win the most. So the fastest, with the best autonomous code will win.

Elgin Clock
02-26-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm not going to even try and take a guess at this question till I actually see more than just our robot in action.

oneeightytwo
02-26-2003, 05:02 PM
I definetly bet that TEAM 11 will be dominating the nationals.

Gadget470
02-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Is there an ubiased reason that you think this? I'm sure every team would love be able to dominate and thinks they can. Do you have a reason why you think 11 will do so great as opposed to other bot's that have been posted?

Chris Dibble
02-26-2003, 05:30 PM
We will.