PDA

View Full Version : Teasers... or lack thereof

Rickertsen2
01-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Sooo..... Whats with the lack of "teasers" this year. Usually there are alot more than this.

Jeff Waegelin
01-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Sooo..... Whats with the lack of "teasers" this year. Usually there are alot more than this.

It's still early in the season. Give people time. There will be more teasers in the last 2 weeks of build, I assure you.

VinceT
01-28-2004, 10:24 PM
basically our robots gonna look like this:

. _____
||......||||
||......||||
||......||||
||......||||===
| \___/ |||
'( ) ( ) ( )'

more to come... :D

Wetzel
01-28-2004, 10:30 PM
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24449

:D

Wetzel

Greg Needel
01-29-2004, 12:14 AM
here you go

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/pics/bin/107535632536.jpg

NoRemorse
01-29-2004, 05:43 AM
i thoght diamond plate was not legalon robots. I think it s apointless rule, but a rule none the less. correct me if im wrong.

Katie Reynolds
01-29-2004, 07:07 AM
i thoght diamond plate was not legalon robots. I think it s apointless rule, but a rule none the less. correct me if im wrong. Last year you couldn't use diamonds on your robot ... I don't recall any rule about diamond plate.

Jessica Boucher
01-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Personally, Im dying to see the annual Wildstang revealing video....do you guys do those anymore?

I can't wait for pictures to start being released. Aside from Kickoff, it's my favorite part of the build period, not only because I was the one who collected them in HS to get an idea as to where teams were going, but because of all the oohs and ahhs that everyone gives....CD is honestly the best way to get feedback concerning what you're doing.

Though not related to the build period, I remember when 237 cut 75% of their robot off after the 2001 NE Regional...one of my favorite things about posting that new picture was getting shocked feedback from Joe Johnson concerning our set of ballast that we had added. :-D

But as it was said, give it time. Its only week 3 (......right? Being at college makes me lose count).

-Jessica B

Rob Colatutto
01-29-2004, 08:56 AM
i thoght diamond plate was not legalon robots. I think it s apointless rule, but a rule none the less. correct me if im wrong.
This years rules say you can use any raw material that is readily avalable to any team at the same cost. So technically, if a big supplier sells it you can buy it, ie. titanium from mcmaster.
Teasers are only really fun if they are of nicely machined parts and most teams are just getting to that point right now. Give it a week and then there will be many good pictures.

Mike Soukup
01-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Personally, Im dying to see the annual Wildstang revealing video....do you guys do those anymore?
We did one in 2001 & 2002, but did not make one last year. No idea if we're doing it this year though; I'll ask around.

Stephen Kowski
01-29-2004, 11:28 AM
bah just wait til regionals it is more fun that way.....like christmas in march =)

JVN
01-29-2004, 01:33 PM
We did one in 2001 & 2002, but did not make one last year. No idea if we're doing it this year though; I'll ask around.
The stang teaser videos are awesome.

But, for all I care it could just be Raul dancing around the robot, I'd download it (so long as the robot is present and visible).

There will be so many amazing robots this year, I can't wait for Atlanta!
Curiosity killed the kat.

John

Joe Matt
01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
384 will withold all phots till after ship-off on the final day. We should have them up by 8pm ish on CD. Otherwise will won't post any teasers.

Mike Soukup
01-29-2004, 02:01 PM
The stang teaser videos are awesome.

But, for all I care it could just be Raul dancing around the robot, I'd download it (so long as the robot is present and visible).
Done. Well, as long as he agrees to it, or maybe we can trick him into it. Maybe we can get Baker to do a little dance around the Technokat robot and put it on the web too. I can envision an entire series.

Thanks for the compliments John.

Jessica Boucher
01-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I would PAY to see both of those videos happen!!!! :-D

David66
01-29-2004, 06:21 PM
heres a thunk....tom stephens dancing around all the GM bots, Lavery around the NASA, and cvarious other "Big 3" reps dancing around robots from their companies at nationals...could be VERY amusing

D.J. Fluck
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Done. Well, as long as he agrees to it, or maybe we can trick him into it. Maybe we can get Baker to do a little dance around the Technokat robot and put it on the web too. I can envision an entire series.

I dont think you have to pay him....but he'd gladly accept the money.. :p

IMDWalrus
01-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm guessing that it is allowed - last year, our robot's entire exterior was diamond plate.

If we broke the rules, the judges must have been blind...how do you not see shiny silver diamond plate? :)

TheShadow
01-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Our team just put up a teaser of charlie(tenative/codename)

Alex Cormier
01-29-2004, 08:57 PM
wheres urs?

Rickertsen2
01-29-2004, 09:06 PM
wheres urs?
I was waiting for somebody to ask this. The truth is, we don't ahve much interesting yet. I could post a pic of an 8020 frame, LOTS of CAD drawings, and other schematics, but thats about all we have right now. Drawings for interesting stuff go to machinist tomorrow.

ngreen
01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
My teaser involves the multi-position cyclinders and this picture. Can't say though.

Joe Ross
01-29-2004, 09:56 PM
here you go

Note, the most important thing in that picture isn't the shiney metal or diamond plate, but the tinkertoys in the background.

tkwetzel
01-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Lavery [dances] around the NASA [robots]

There are so many though. There are actually 21 teams who get more help than just money (meaning they have NASA engineers), but there are countless others that just get monetary support. However, it would be very enjoyable watching him dance around any robots.

Just so everyone knows, he turned down an offer of 14 dozen Krispy Kremes to do a jig on the NASA channel during Spirit's landing. Dave turned down 168 Krispy Kremes, just to do a little jig seen by everyone watching Spirit's landing. We'll see if he will do a dance around any robots.

Bill Gold
01-30-2004, 02:53 AM
John,
I saw a few 111 teasers last year, but they weren't on CD (I'm pretty sure you got to them, too).

Mike [Soukup],
Am I going to find any 111 pictures or videos by taking educated guesses on directory names? Or did you take care of that after last year ;)?

dlavery
01-30-2004, 03:38 AM
There are so many though. There are actually 21 teams who get more help than just money (meaning they have NASA engineers), but there are countless others that just get monetary support. However, it would be very enjoyable watching him dance around any robots.

Just so everyone knows, he turned down an offer of 14 dozen Krispy Kremes to do a jig on the NASA channel during Spirit's landing. Dave turned down 168 Krispy Kremes, just to do a little jig seen by everyone watching Spirit's landing. We'll see if he will do a dance around any robots.

Did the dance. Not my fault NASA TV was looking the other way. Still owe me some donuts.

-dave

ahecht
01-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Well, here is a teaser for you. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post this:

http://zansstuff.com/images/ksd_small.gif
Ooh, exciting.

Raul
01-30-2004, 07:13 AM
John,
I saw a few 111 teasers last year, but they weren't on CD (I'm pretty sure you got to them, too).

Mike [Soukup],
Am I going to find any 111 pictures or videos by taking educated guesses on directory names? Or did you take care of that after last year ;)? We meant to do that - yeah that's it. :) We may just have to bury some gold in our directory this year to keep the tradition going.

Dancing? - my wife says I am not a good dancer, but I have always been motivated by money.

Video - I will ask our producer from the past to see if he can do something.

KenWittlief
01-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Well, here is a teaser for you. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post this:

http://zansstuff.com/images/ksd_small.gif
Ooh, exciting.

hey I recognize that!

its the sign language from Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Faa Ahhhh Leee Meee Naaaah!!!

Jessica Boucher
01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
I will also pay in cookies if people prefer the alternative :)