PDA

View Full Version : pic: 114 inventor robot

CD47-Bot
02-01-2004, 08:13 AM
[cdm-description=photo]16705[/cdm-description]

edomus
02-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Thread created automatically to discuss this image in the Picture Gallery.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/pics/bin/107561752746.jpg (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?&action=single&picid=5999)

You planning on climbing the 6 inchers?

Tom Bottiglieri
02-01-2004, 10:35 AM
Is your robotcontroller, speed controllers, relays etc covered? If not, they should be, or moved to a different spot becuase alot of teams are gonna have arms this year, and if they hit those.. ur done.

psychoCHIPMUNKK
02-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Interesting idea to use pnuematics to lift yourself off the floor, if indeed that's what they are for.

James114
02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
:yikes:
yes we are going to climb the 6" step
and i just didn't get around to covering the electronics, they are covered in real life.
:]

steven114
02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Just FYI, we have a clear plastic covering so that we can still see the components. It's attached to the backing with 6 screws and shaft collers as spacers. It looks pretty cool :D

Frank(Aflak)
02-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Just FYI, we have a clear plastic covering so that we can still see the components. It's attached to the backing with 6 screws and shaft collers as spacers. It looks pretty cool :D

Wow. That looks very similar to our robot. Design wise, also. Drill drive 4x 12 inch wheels. verticle double lexan controls. Arm.

Ours is wider than long, though. And our arm looks like its gonna wind up being longer (and heavier) that what you have pictured.

steven114
02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
We are making ours to be lightweight to keep our center of gravity low, I believe. It's also just long enough to reach up with the extra stretch provided by those pneumatics...

Frank(Aflak)
02-01-2004, 11:12 PM
We are making ours to be lightweight to keep our center of gravity low, I believe. It's also just long enough to reach up with the extra stretch provided by those pneumatics...
we want to be able to get the hook on the bar from locations that aren't right under the bar.

steven114
02-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, we thought about that. But then we ditched it in favor of adding those wheels to the front. If all goes as planned, we should be able to whiz right up.

Madison
02-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah, we thought about that. But then we ditched it in favor of adding those wheels to the front. If all goes as planned, we should be able to whiz right up.

Where does Inventor place your robot's center of gravity? You're not worried that it'll tip as it climbs a 6" rise? What if another robot is atop the rise and pushes against you?

andy
02-02-2004, 05:41 AM
Looks excellent!

Me skeered!!!

If you don't mind... I'm gonna ask you some questions.

Can you turn with four 12" pnumatics? Or are you going to drop down a skid plate?

How do the two six inch wheels work/drop down? What are they used for? Climbing the six inch stair? How?

Is that a two inch bore cylinder? Looks pretty long... How many times are you planning on using that? If you run it alot, you will be constantly recharging the compressor.

Worried about them electronics...

But an excellent design none the less!

Good luck this year!!!

-Andy

Greg Perkins
02-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Looks excellent!

Me skeered!!!

If you don't mind... I'm gonna ask you some questions.

Can you turn with four 12" pnumatics? Or are you going to drop down a skid plate?

How do the two six inch wheels work/drop down? What are they used for? Climbing the six inch stair? How?

Is that a two inch bore cylinder? Looks pretty long... How many times are you planning on using that? If you run it alot, you will be constantly recharging the compressor.

Worried about them electronics...

But an excellent design none the less!

Good luck this year!!!

-Andy

pfft your worried about that puny 2" cylinder... 134 is using a 24" stroke to do the pull up...;) oh yea lets just say we will be up off the deck pretty high

James114
02-02-2004, 11:59 AM
i guess you guys will just haft to wait and see, i can't tell you guys everything
:D

andy
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I think I see your plan for the bar, the three cylinders mounted facing downward...

You jack yoursef up, hook on to the bar and then retract the cylinders. Right?
Interesting....

That's gonna use alot of air though...

Is one cylinder a drop down skid? For steering with those HUGE pnumatic tires?

Hmmm. Looks Good!!!

Good luck!
-Andy

Ryan Foley
02-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I think I see your plan for the bar, the three cylinders mounted facing downward...

You jack yoursef up, hook on to the bar and then retract the cylinders. Right?
Interesting....

That's gonna use alot of air though...

Is one cylinder a drop down skid? For steering with those HUGE pnumatic tires?

Hmmm. Looks Good!!!

Good luck!
-Andy

I dont believe (from that pic) that one is a skid plate. 1) they would need all 3 pistons to keep their bot stable as the pistons lift the chasis off the floor. 2) turning with 4WD isnt that hard. We have a prototype bot with wheels bigger than that (14 or 16in diameter) and it turns fine.

I must say 114, very impressive bot. We were thinking about that design oursleves, but I think it got regulated to our "back up if nothing else works and we only have a few days to finish" design.

Very nice bot.