PDA

View Full Version : Update after weekend #1: Batteries & misc.

FRCOps
03-11-2002, 02:48 PM
(email blast sent to all teams today)

Congratulations to all KSC and VCU participants and winners! We hope you had a great experience. Based on the first weekend we have a couple of updates and a reminder to all teams.

Battery Chargers - Teams can bring as many chargers as they want to the regionals; however, chargers must not exceed 4 amps. Furthermore, avoid using any rapid charge feature as you may destroy the battery.

Batteries - Teams as now allowed to bring extra batteries as long as they are only the 2001 or 2002 batteries. No other batteries will be allowed.

Disney Release Form will be up on the web and available for download later this week.

Reminder: Safety Glasses will not be supplied by FIRST. If your team does not have them we will request that you go out and purchase them.

Andy A.
03-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Any one else breathing a sigh of relief? This made my day!

-Andy A.

Katie Reynolds
03-11-2002, 05:08 PM
:D :D :D Yay!!! :D :D :D

- Katie

ahecht
03-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Any charger up to 4 amps?!? Wow!

Now, the only questions is: are we allowed to buy batteries (identical to this or last year's) if we are a rookie teams and don't have some from last year's kit?

jeffreym
03-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Thank you FIRST! this was the only rational solution to the problem. Off we go with our eight chargers and eight batteries.

Wayne C.
03-11-2002, 05:37 PM
I truly got a charge out of this update. I guess all the teams made a hard cell of the issue.

OK sorry!!

Back into the cave....

Thanks FIRST!

WC:p

DaBruteForceGuy
03-11-2002, 06:09 PM
NOW THAT MAKES MY DAY!!!!

WE HAD HARDLEY ANOUGH TIME TO TEST THE THING BECAUSE WE WERE LIMITED TO OUR 2 BATTERIES THAT TAKE A WEEK TO CHARGE!
(yes we are a rookie team with very little moola!)

Gary Bonner
03-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Is that a maximum of four batteries, two from 2001 and two from this year? Are purchased spares only usable only to replace a battery that has actually failed and is not merely discharged?

Joe Johnson
03-12-2002, 01:04 PM
I think that the new ruling is a return to the "old" rules, in that teams may beg/borrow/steal as many batteries as they wish.

Joe J.