PDA

View Full Version : team 596- our first site

laxkyle17
02-20-2005, 01:33 PM
So this is our first (no pun intended) year entering the website competition(s).

http://www.hopkinton.k12.ma.us/high/schoollife/robotics/

We're Team 596. Very basic site... just html. I threw this together myself over the past month or so, and I'm looking for some feedback. Content, design, whatever catches your eye as being good or bad. The biggest thing is i'm not too sure what the judges love and don't love, so if you have a site that has won a Best Website award, could you show it off to me ;)

thanks -kyle

laxkyle17
02-20-2005, 11:26 PM
any comments... at all?

av11d
02-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I like it a lot. Good colors and easy navigation. The menu is nice, but typical I suppose for a website. Still, overall great job.

Good luck in the website competition!

Andrew Duch

Tim Arnold
02-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Looks good, loads fast, and is pretty cleanly coded. It even almost validates. Only thing is that some pages have a different theming design than the others, both which look good, but is just a little weird.

I don't know what they expect either so I cant help you there. My team is in the same boat, so we just do the best we can in the time left.

On the members page, there is a nice picture of your team. It would be cool if you cut it into slices, and then added the names to those slices so people not on your team can learn who's name goes with what body. If you have ever seen flickr.com you would know what would ideal, but that's not necessary.

webranger7
03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Awesome Kyle, maybe not this year, but next year you'll win. You have a fantastic design, all you need is the CONTENT, right? That's ok. It's looks cool. Check out our web site. www.railerobotics.com (http://www.railerobotics.com) I tried to make our site "alive", you know? Full of animation, sound, photos, etc... And thankfully, all the links work. :)

Babyhueyhnx
03-03-2005, 02:01 AM
site looks great. :D

DarkJedi613
03-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Looks awesome! It's kinda slow though, that may be the server though.

kevin.li.rit
03-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Looks good.