PDA

View Full Version : A new feature

Kris Verdeyen
05-11-2002, 01:40 AM
Here's an idea for you to disregard totally...

It would be neat if, for each picture in the gallery, a thread existed somewhere that we could discuss and comment on it. It would also be cool if the gallery page had a link to that thread.

One other gallery thing - is there some way that we could sort the pictures by the team number of the poster? I know that sometimes people post pictures of robots not their own, but it would be a start for those searching for a picture of a particular robot.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Brandon Martus
05-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Actually

both of those thoughts have crossed my mind many times.

The one about discussing in a thread -- ive actually started doing that one a long time ago -- and then stopped ..

The one about sorting -- i want to do that and more. I want to make it searchable, editable (if you uploaded it), and make the pictures resizable (in your preferences).

If the picture is 1600x1200 pixels, and you say 'i want only 640x480 pixels max', it will resize the picture before sending it to you. It would be configurable by user..

Those will probably happen this summer.. or after vBulletin 3.0 is released & installed here. I'm not sure how much they will change the code, so I'd rather wait and re-do it all once, and not once now and once after --

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Brandon.