PDA

View Full Version : who besides us pulled an all-nighter???

354.FIRST
02-20-2007, 09:59 AM
we were up all night completing autonomous mode and practicing...

i was also up making minor touches to the website (GWestRobotics.Com by the way).... no sleep.

i need some coffee...

cant believe shipping day is here already!!!!

!!!

dpraedan
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
24 hours awake/working and still chugging.

Ultima
02-20-2007, 10:09 AM
You're not the only one. =) Our team has just been up the entire night working on just programming the arm and making sure that everything works correctly. As of 10AM this morning we are still 80% complete with programming and absolutely no autonomous.

Dont worry though, we'll pull through.

caraddicted101
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
668 is still working on programming at 7:12 am.

jason701802
02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
we where fixing our pneumatics system most of the night after we smoked one of our bane bots motors.

Jweiner
02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
we were up till midnight, and then got kicked out of the school by the janitors.... You guys are allowed to stay in your school through the night?

354.FIRST
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
something like that.....

robocritter250
02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
we didnt really pull an all nighter per say, but the last 2 nights we were here till 1 am and it is 2:30 now, FedEx is comming at 4 and were still working on the programing. It looks like we will have no auton unless we get to competition and do it :ahh: . Either way its been a great season and ive had a lot of fun.

EnderWiggin
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I've been at school for 30 hours and counting, no sleep so far.

Wake ups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Ups) ftw

Cody Carey
02-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Sadly, the latest we got to stay this year was 8:00 pm, but at least we got everything except autonomous done...

KDawg
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
us too..for the past few nights.
I can't believe ship date is here! gah!
Some of our mentors run for 48 hours straight..idk how they do it

jackie Ha
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
We have been at our high school 4 days stright, from friday till today. The kids and mentors try to grab whatever sleep they can, from crawling under a table, to sleeping on the countertops, to just crashing on the floors.

AdamHeard
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
We have been at our high school 4 days stright, from friday till today. The kids and mentors try to grab whatever sleep they can, from crawling under a table, to sleeping on the countertops, to just crashing on the floors.

Any updated pictures...? or do we have to wait until LA.

Metalhugginman
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Team 343 did not exactly pull any all nighters, but two successive 15 hour days certainly did make it seem that way. Thank goodness our machine is now on its way to VCU. All we have to do now is clean-up the lab which just about amounts to building another robot. We certainly have our work cut out for us.
Good luck to everyone this year.:)

jackie Ha
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Any updated pictures...? or do we have to wait until LA.

Patience is a virtue.

zakk
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah, we pulled an all nighter last night because of programming the autonamous. our mentor made me and a few other guys leave early because we had to attend a presentation at 7:30 the next morning, so we were there from 8:00 am til around 11:30 and the programmers and mentors were there until like 1:30am

meatmanek
02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Thankfully, we didn't have to pull an all-nighter this year.
Last year, though, a bunch of us worked on the robot for 32 hours, with a one-hour nap in the middle. We did get kicked out of school at about 10 pm, and went to our team leader's house to work on the robot (his parents weren't the happiest people), then came back in the morning.

Robo_Coyote
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
i've been up 32 hours no sleep. At about Mid Night we got kicked out of our school but we loaded everything we could even about 1/8 of our rack and took it to our Web Guys house. All Operational Programs done Autonoumus is about 25%. We Made a Video we call it 24 hours of madness will post when done editing.

whytheheckme
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM
LOL

All-nighter? Try All-weeker....

I've been here for 9 days, grabbing sleep whenever I can (turns out to be about 2-5 hours/day.... I'm a pr0gger, so I have to work around everyone else... Night is best for me!

I have a little cave in one of the conference rooms. A lot of my time is spent in there with the laptop and a Monster.

Jacob

Jon Jack
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
We've been going since Thursday night. We just shipped our robot and we're trying to figure out what to do with all this time.

AdamHeard
02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Patience is a virtue.

In terms of patience I'll take the method in your signature.

Justin M.
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Tonight is the first night I can sleep early. This past weekend was a "robotics death weekend", at my house, finishing the robot, programming, adding odds and ends, etc.

All that needs to be done now is:

Order new and spare parts for the robot to bring to the competition, like shaft, sprockets, chain, etc.

Maybe think about building some bumpers

Mess around with the kitbot and random parts to practice driving and autonomous mode, with the CMU cam.

Eldarion
02-20-2007, 06:56 PM
We did :) (To get autonomous working)

madmac625
02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
We've been working to 4 or 5AM every night the last week or so, and the few days have gone all night. I haven't been home since 7AM yesterday morning, and that was only to sleep for a few hours and do homework. I don't know what to do with myself now. I miss it already.

savage301
02-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm happy to say, this is my fourth year and it also the first year I didn't pull an all nighter. We did spend 12 hours completely redoing our ramps on Mon, but I got home at 1 a.m. Tuesday morning with the robot in the crate. Sometimes you miss the all nighter, but then you remember what you felt like for the next 2 days and are happy we got it done earlier.:D

tech91
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
we were up all night completing autonomous mode and practicing...

i was also up making minor touches to the website (GWestRobotics.Com by the way).... no sleep.

i need some coffee...

cant believe shipping day is here already!!!!

!!!

You guys were allowed to stay all night? We got kicked out at 5 pm yesterday.

Richard McClellan
02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
4 all-nighters for me in the last 12 days of build.....the longest I stayed at our building facility was 36 hours :)

aksimhal
02-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Our mentors wouldn't allow us to work on the robot after 11:30pm. Something about he needing sleep :-)

mrmummert
02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
we pulled some very late nights this year. Our last night the kids stayed til 2 am. A teacher ,another mentor and I stayed til 3:15...just after packing it up.
I'm the pit mentor this year, so i had to make sure it was packed ok and will be there for uncrating. This was the worst year for us as far as late nights go.

Sam Cat
02-25-2007, 09:23 PM
We were at school until 11:30 the night before ship. That's the longest the janitors have ever allowed us to stay. For all of you who pulled all-nighters, were you working at school? I didn't think most schools would stay open that late.

Stvn
02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Our team has a rule about having the robot in the crate by Monday night. For example, last year we put our robot in at 1:30 am Monday night/Tuesday morning. This year we got it in very early, at 7:00 pm, without raw materials to complete it in the fix window. Of course everything comes at a price. We (being the team, not me) figured that we should crate it up, even though there were no autonomous modes programmed. The robot is in a drivable state, which is better than ship time in the past two years I've been on this team.

AustinSchuh
02-26-2007, 01:34 AM
I got the robot to program at ~11:00 PM on Monday night after an intense day cheese holeing. I promptly got to work, and pulled an all nighter. I got 3 PID loops mostly working to get our "West Coast Arm", as it is now being called, working. I will be spending Thursday at the competition tweaking it some more.

For all of you who pulled all-nighters, were you working at school? I didn't think most schools would stay open that late.

We were working at school. The school gave us -I mean the mentors- a key, and told us that only a fingerprinted adult had to be there inorder for us to meet. We have quite a good deal from what I have gathered.

The robot is in a drivable state, which is better than ship time in the past two years I've been on this team.

Our robot is Programed, weighed, and cheeseholed this year, instead of the 1 hour of coding that I snuck in last year while we were building last year to test the bot.

Mike Starke
02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
GRR does at least one every year...

Priyadarshy
02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
got things done on time;)