PDA

View Full Version : Camera Target Dimensions

pribusin
01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Does anybody have a dimensional drawing for the vision target? I have the image but no sizing information.

Thanks.
mike

DanDon
01-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Does anybody have a dimensional drawing for the vision target? I have the image but no sizing information.

Thanks.
mike

In "The Arena" section of the manual it says that the target has a 42" outer diameter with each of the white-black-white rings being 4" wide and a FIRST logo thrown in the middle of everything for aesthetics and having nothing to do with the target itself.

pribusin
01-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Awesome - thanks. Obviously I didn't read the manual carefully enough.

pribusin
01-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Now, is the 42" referring to the outer white circle or the black circle? If you look at the drawing, the black circle looks thicker than both the white circles. There is a drawing (GE-10059) that is referenced in the field drawing package as having details on the target, but the drawing is not included in the .zip package.

DanDon
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Now, is the 42" referring to the outer white circle or the black circle? If you look at the drawing, the black circle looks thicker than both the white circles. There is a drawing (GE-10059) that is referenced in the field drawing package as having details on the target, but the drawing is not included in the .zip package.

Which .zip package are you looking at?

And it might be your eyes playing tricks on you, the manual explicitly states that all 3 circles are 4" wide...and that the three circles compose the target so the outer diameter would be to the edge of the outer white circle.

Then again they might have made a mistake in the manual, so let's find that drawing :) .

pribusin
01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
at http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/content.aspx?id=16097 are 4 .zip files with a number of arena drawings etc. None of these contain GE-10059.

I drew 3 concentric circles each 4" wide and the outer white circle measuring 42" in dia. and it looks nothing like in the game field animation or the arena diagrams in the manual.

DanDon
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
at http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/content.aspx?id=16097 are 4 .zip files with a number of arena drawings etc. None of these contain GE-10059.

I drew 3 concentric circles each 4" wide and the outer white circle measuring 42" in dia. and it looks nothing like in the game field animation or the arena diagrams in the manual.

You have the 4" widths measuring from the outside? so the outer white circle would be 42" dia., the black would be 38" dia., and the inner white would be 34" dia., if I recall correctly.

pribusin
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
But don't forget you have two widths of 4" per circle that you have to subtract to get the inner diameter (ID). If you draw a 42" OD circle that is 4" wide your ID is: 42"-(2x4")=34". That gives you a 4" wide band as a circle with an OD of 42". That is the white ring. The black ring would then be 34" OD and 26" ID. The innermost white circle would end up being 26" OD and 18" ID. Is my thinking wrong on this???

BTW, we posted on the USFIRST forum inquiring about the GE-10059 document. Hopefully that file will clear things up.

bobmonkey836
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
the included GE-10063.pptx has what looks to be a diameter of 38 inches for the rings...

the whole thing comes out as 42 inches across though.