PDA

View Full Version : We're getting there...

archiver
06-23-2002, 09:58 PM
Posted by Joe Johnson, Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 3/6/99 9:06 AM MST

Hey folks,

I just want to take a bit of time to say that this site is finally getting to the approach the vision we have long had for it.

Two years ago, we set out to become ground zero for the online FIRST community. We are not there yet, but we have come a long way.

From the improved forums to the ease with which we can post photos (and have them organized, thumbnailed, texted, etc.) we owe a lot to Brandon Martus. I salute you Brandon.

I also want to thank everyone for contributing to the site. If these forums we just the Chief Delphi team talking to each other and to one or two other FIRST maniacs it would not be the great resource that it is. The fact that 100's of people our out there asking questions and addressing other team's issues is what makes this site so great. Hats off to you all.

We are all a work in progress. Let't keep moving in the right direction.

With my highest regard and respect,

Joe J.

archiver
Posted by Tom Wible, Coach on team #131, chaos, from central high school manchester and osram-sylvania.

Posted on 3/6/99 11:11 AM MST

In Reply to: We're getting there... posted by Joe Johnson on 3/6/99 9:06 AM MST:

This site IS the source for information about FIRST. (Besides of course the FIRST site) You guys rule! Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Tom Wible

archiver
Posted by Keith of team #131, CHAOS, from Central High School sponsored by Osram Sylvania.

Posted on 3/6/99 12:15 PM MST

In Reply to: you're there posted by Tom Wible on 3/6/99 11:11 AM MST:

Yah, I'd say you guys have done a kick a$$ job! This site is awesome.. it's good to finally hear input from other teams... it gives a wider perspective on the whole tournament... thanks to you guys there at delphi.... We all appreciate what you're doing for the FIRST community
-Keith

archiver
Posted by Susanne Krussell, Coach on team #163, The Quantum Mechanics, from International Academy and Quantum Consultants/Eaton/ITT.

Posted on 3/7/99 3:35 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: you're there from another CHAOS member posted by Keith on 3/6/99 12:15 PM MST:

Okay, I'll join in the gushing,too. Pontiac Central mentored us into FIRST two years ago, and have been assisting ever since. We yell HELP, and they're there. A special thanks to Joe, Mike and Mike, and the kids at PCHS.
Susanne Krussell Team 163 The Quantum Mechanics

archiver
Posted by Bethany Dunning, Coach on team #163, Quantum Mechanics, from International Academy and Quantum Consultants/EATON/ITT Industries.

Posted on 3/7/99 6:09 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: you're there from another CHAOS member posted by Susanne Krussell on 3/7/99 3:35 PM MST:

Stop it y'all you're making me weepy!
Bethany Dunning Team 163

: Okay, I'll join in the gushing,too. Pontiac Central mentored us into FIRST two years ago, and have been assisting ever since. We yell HELP, and they're there. A special thanks to Joe, Mike and Mike, and the kids at PCHS.
: Susanne Krussell Team 163 The Quantum Mechanics

archiver
Posted by David Kelso, Coach on team #131, CHAOS-, from Central High School and OSRAM SYLVANIA/ Fleet Bank.

Posted on 3/7/99 4:27 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: you're there from another CHAOS member posted by Keith on 3/6/99 12:15 PM MST:

: Yah, I'd say you guys have done a kick a$$ job! This site is awesome.. it's good to finally hear input from other teams... it gives a wider perspective on the whole tournament... thanks to you guys there at delphi.... We all appreciate what you're doing for the FIRST community
: -Keith
The Site is so great, I have made it ''required reading'' for our members

archiver
Posted by Justin of team #146, Team Blue Lightning, from West High sponsored by Public Service Company of New Hampshire.

Posted on 3/6/99 3:13 PM MST

In Reply to: We're getting there... posted by Joe Johnson on 3/6/99 9:06 AM MST:

Joe,

As a webmaster myself I envy the amount of traffic the forums and indeed
your site receive. It's nice to know that there is a place full of
nothing but other people who understand the long hours and caffeine
highs, and why. The forums are great but I've always kind of liked chat
better. What I might suggest for your next goal, and it would be
ambitious, might be to draw as much traffic to the chat channel as the
forum receives, I don't think that the chat would replace the forum by
any means but certainly I could envision some wonderful conversations
taking place on a well populated FIRST chat server. I look forward to
continuing to watch the Delphi boards next year as I head off to college
as a CIS major, for the human account of FIRST. I think that's why these
forums are so popular you hear the human aspect of things, how people
feel, what they're thoughts are. My praise all the way around keep up
the good work.

-Justin
Team 146

archiver
Posted by Thomas A. Frank, Engineer on team #121, The Islanders/Rhode Warrior, from Middletown (RI) High School and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

Posted on 3/7/99 7:41 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: We're getting there... posted by Justin on 3/6/99 3:13 PM MST:

Hello All;

A pair of fuzzy Kudos to JJ and Team Delphi! I've sent numerous people here for more
info on FIRST, and for help during the build, with great success and lots
of positive feedback.

A note to Justin: 'chat' cannot take on the same level of significance or use
that the boards do because not everyone can get to it. Many of the engineers
will tell you that our company firewalls preclude connecting to any IRC site,
so you lose lots of people right up front. Maybe as a CIS professional in a couple
of years you can help straighten out this foolishness, but in the meantime...

TAF