PDA

View Full Version : River Rage?

archiver
06-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team Actually, I'm a FIRST-aholic from an undecided team for the year 2000 formerly of Team #126 sponsored by Nypro and Clinton High School.

Posted on 9/8/99 8:54 AM MST

Some of the kids on Gael Force and I are headin' up to Merrimack this weekend to check out River Rage... just wondering who's going and if it's going to be a good show :-) Well be happy to help out any teams that may be short on people or just want to keep us busy :-)(you'll see those bright gold shirts a mile away)

colleen

P.s. anyone know directions from down here in Mass. to Merrimack..?

archiver
Posted by Mike Faticanti.

Coach on team #157, AZTECHS, from Assabet Valley R.T.H.S. and Simplex/EMC/Intel-Ma/Neles Controls/Jamesbury Inc.

Posted on 9/8/99 9:51 AM MST

In Reply to: River Rage? posted by colleen on 9/8/99 8:54 AM MST:

Colleen,

We are going up. Check out our web page for directions to the event or
just meet us over at Assabet around 8:00am

archiver
Posted by Fran .

Other on team #166, Team Merrimack, from Merrimack High School and Unitrode/R.S. Machines.

Posted on 9/8/99 9:09 PM MST

In Reply to: River Rage? posted by colleen on 9/8/99 8:54 AM MST:

I am sure the directions from the website are best BUT last year we tried to get in before 10am and they wouldn't let us until the last runner from a race came in.....we went to the north side and unloaded the robot and kids and wheeled into the tent area so they could start getting ready.....if you get in before 8a.m. u can avoid the runners but nothing happens before 10

To get to the north end get off at exit 6 instead fo 5(control the autopilot that takes us to FIRST), then go right across the bridge and there is a ramp going off to the right onto canal St, take a right at the light and you are in the millyard and need to weave between buildings and parked cars as far as u can then park and look for the tent not far from the entrance. It cost $5 last year to enter the riverfest area...they give u a pin that is good Fri thru Sun with no extra charges unless you want to go on rides as well.
Team 166 will bethere and Kate is coming fromWPI with an unknown number of 'others' who will crash in my basement (I hope not too many : ) )

Well hope to see lots of you there especially if you bring mechanics ......you know we always could use a helping hand : )

Remember you are also within walking distance of FIRST HQ so visit them.

Fran

: Some of the kids on Gael Force and I are headin' up to Merrimack this weekend to check out River Rage... just wondering who's going and if it's going to be a good show :-) Well be happy to help out any teams that may be short on people or just want to keep us busy :-)(you'll see those bright gold shirts a mile away)

: colleen

: P.s. anyone know directions from down here in Mass. to Merrimack..?