OCCRA
Go to Post Mentors may not be the direct focus of FIRST, but they are just as involved as students are. They play a pivotal role in the success of FIRST and of the success of every team. - Dan Petrovic [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
AdamHeard
Today 02:58 PM
3D printer vs. Manual Mill
We exclusively used an Omio X8 last season for 1/16"-1/4" aluminum with WCP 4mm cutters, and were very happy with it.
(1,493 views, 30 replies)
New Post
slibert
Today 02:47 PM
[FRC Blog] PreKickoff Kit of Parts Information
I checked w/the Kit of Parts Manager, the low # of credits is less than expected, but it's also too late to change now - so it's kinda like an early Christmas present. :) - scott Founder, Kauai Labs
(3,575 views, 34 replies)
New Post
Deke
Today 02:26 PM
Benefits of building a chassis?
The main benefit of a custom chassis is to adapt it to a certain strategy for a game. Second is to maximize performance in certain areas (more traction, less traction, more speed, less speed, more...
(1,008 views, 14 replies)
New Post
Peter Johnson
Today 02:24 PM
Final Countdown for Georgia Dome
According to Wikipedia, 2008. Regarding the demolition, winning the FRC championship in 2010, the last year it was held in Atlanta, was a highlight of my FIRST experience. I have lots of photos...
(2,206 views, 25 replies)
New Post
sanddrag
Today 02:23 PM
CNC Routers for FRC Robotics
While we're getting into the specifics of tools, speeds, and feeds, what's everyone's favorite combo for cutting polycarb?
(37,477 views, 201 replies)
New Post
Kevin Thorp
Today 02:21 PM
Speed Flow Control Pneumatic Connector mechanical
Here is a demo of a ProportionAir FA electronic speed control for cylinders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2UtC45EMU Is this what you want to do? Festo and SMC also have electronic proportional...
(1,230 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Keens4028
Today 02:14 PM
STEAMPOWERED DOWNLOAD
1372 https://imgur.com/TRG49Qp
(1,977 views, 28 replies)
New Post
s_forbes
Today 02:06 PM
pic: Flipped 3 Minicim Gearbox- Isometric View
Putting an encoder on a stage nearer to the motors has the hardware advantage of less backlash between the motor shaft and encoder shaft, which can help with the control loops.
(545 views, 8 replies)
New Post
Skyehawk
Today 02:04 PM
YDDR - 775 pro differential swerve prototype
Hey all, I finished up a few more odds and ends over the weekend, primary making a nice wheel hub from Delrin fitting a piece of 1.125" ID latex tubing over the hub for traction, making a few...
(1,902 views, 10 replies)
New Thread
nickbrickmaster
Today 01:54 PM
Python/Native interop issues
I'm trying to write Python bindings for Jaci's neon_pathfinder's assembly implementation using ctypes. I'm getting a segfault when trying to run the pf_trapezoid_generat e_simd function. For a while I...
(47 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Michael Hill
Today 01:46 PM
FIRST Choice Info Compilation
If anyone would like to update the spreadsheet I've been running for a while (since 2015) with data in the OP, please do so:...
(320 views, 4 replies)
New Post
amartin
Today 01:32 PM
Civility in Times of Change
The whole community is about being inviting and friendly. I have not witnessed any hostility in a FIRST setting
(4,739 views, 47 replies)
New Post
JesseK
Today 01:05 PM
4-cim vs. 6-mini-cim drivetrains
If this becomes a priority, and you don't have a well-worn CIM handy for a dyno test, I'm sure I could convince my team to swap 2 off of our 2017 drive train.
(5,127 views, 52 replies)
New Post
Attention
Today 01:03 PM
West Coast Drive Design Help
So here's the progress so far. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LsUu_t8H0Yy nTpokM9vDiG4nsZQ19YF 2 The last few changes will include: Chain Hole in the cross supports Removing some of the...
(1,342 views, 16 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 01:02 PM
Old robot replacement electrical system
The programming process and software is described on pages 11-19 of the owners manual.
(539 views, 15 replies)
New Post
c.shu
Today 12:41 PM
Hi, Im just a new design lead looking for resources, anything helps
This can be a pretty helpful tool. Albeit it covers older robots, it is a good starting point for basic concepts that can be improved...
(716 views, 8 replies)
New Thread
plnyyanks
Today 12:03 PM
[TBA Blog] Tech Talk: Building Continuous Deployment for TBA
Over the summer, I built continuous deployment for TBA - this means changes get automatically pushed to production as soon as they are committed! Learn about how it works and some of the challenges...
(177 views, 0 replies)
New Post
plnyyanks
Today 11:42 AM
Registration Travel Map
Plus, geocoding can be super flaky to begin with. TBA uses the Google Maps APIs under the hood, and they're surprisingly nondeterministic, especially with non-US addresses.
(534 views, 4 replies)
New Post
RaMoore
Today 11:39 AM
REV Robotics Expansion hub detached error
I also recommend checking your USB cable first. If you can rule that out, can you also share a few more details about your set-up: Expansion Hub firmware version RC phone type Status LED on the...
(348 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Cyberphil
Today 10:46 AM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #697
"Thank you so very much Dean. Being on your list means the world to me!" Internal dialogue: HE'S TOUCHING ME! HE'S TOUCHING ME!
(279 views, 14 replies)