OCCRA
Go to Post A well learned individual knows themselves and how to collect and use the tool of knowledge. - techhelpbb [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Thread
docdavies
Today 03:18 PM
STEP File Pre-viewer
Folks, I am in the process of teaching CAD to several area FRC teams. I decided to update all my CAD parts libraries and found them on the web. I downloaded the Inventor files and the STEP files...
(17 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Ginger Power
Today 02:57 PM
Orlando Regional Stellar Alumni Nominations
This is a very cool concept, and awesome way to recognize local alumni that are doing big things! I definitely think it's a model for other regions to emulate!
(298 views, 4 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 02:56 PM
New AndyMark Website
Done. I had to mosaic several screenshots together, but I think you'll see what's up.
(3,986 views, 51 replies)
New Post
stingray27
Today 02:38 PM
pic: Flipped NEO Gearbox in Tube WCD Chassis
This is some really cool stuff! Nice! I know this was a rough pass but don't forget about supports every 8 inches! We *may* have forgot about this until our very first inspection last year... ::rtm::
(999 views, 16 replies)
New Post
philso
Today 02:37 PM
Powering a "Test Bench" bot with a plug.
There shouldn't be much noise to go back into the mains. If there is, it would already interfere with the radio and RoboRio. You are correct that it would not be a good idea for high school...
(965 views, 12 replies)
New Post
jdaming
Today 02:32 PM
How best to determine location on field?
When 254 decided not to use their LIDAR you know it isn't easy. Instead of constantly maintaining field position throughout the match I would look for ways to infer position from field elements. ...
(367 views, 8 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 02:23 PM
Swerve zeroing
I've read of three basic ways (includes those listed above), ranked from best to not so much: Absolute encoder, almost always directly on the module or geared 1:1 with it. Unless disassembled or...
(256 views, 5 replies)
New Post
21brownz
Today 02:23 PM
New Hardware Support?
According to the folks in the announcement thread, REV will release the specs/programming specifics in the coming weeks along with more hardware.
(122 views, 4 replies)
New Post
s_forbes
Today 02:20 PM
pic: 2 speed NEO drivetrain gearbox.
We have no data on the motor performance when things get warm (yet), but it seems obvious to me that given the tradeoff of cool running motors vs a couple of ounces in the transmission, I'd opt for...
(506 views, 7 replies)
New Post
bcampbell
Today 02:07 PM
How to go from CAD to ordering parts
We also keep track of ordering on a spreadsheet but we add a couple columns that make it easier to keep track of. Qty per Robot Qty ordered (should be 2x robot qty plus spares) Order Date Expected...
(478 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Sam Slade
Today 01:53 PM
[OCCRA]: Current County Ranking
Are we going to get updated standings? The last event was over a week ago and the County Championship is less than 24 hours away. It would be helpful to know where teams stand heading into the final...
(718 views, 4 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 01:36 PM
"The level playing field" in FIRST
Seconded. Even if the KOP for a rookie team was $1000 more, this is a good tradeoff in ensuring a good start for a new team in FRC. In VEX, we do exactly the same with our new students and teams...
(8,374 views, 112 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 01:28 PM
Poll : The Bag and You
Thank you for clearly explaining what others such as myself are going to have to try and prepare for. Several years ago, Tyler from 2056 made a point that I thought was another concern as well. It...
(2,501 views, 25 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 01:12 PM
pic: NEO Gearbox Concept
https://media.giphy.com/media/mJ3LnFR2zXVCg/giphy.gif I was thinking of a TB-micro housing, with the shaft flipped and an external bearing at the other end of the shaft. Only gives about 3.75" for...
(327 views, 3 replies)
New Thread
eadam
Today 11:54 AM
SWATposium Livestream on FUN! - Nov 17th @ 9am-2pm
Hi FIRST Community, SWATposium will be streaming tomorrow on First Updates Now's Twitch channel. The schedule will be... 9:15 - 10:00 - Opening Speaker (Karthik Kanagasabapathy) 10:10 - 10:50 -...
(106 views, 0 replies)
New Post
hrench
Today 11:45 AM
Best wheel options?
Wheel selection needs to be wholly dependent on the requirements of the game and field. Don't pick your wheels yet. Here are some criteria to consider: *flat field with no obstacles, smaller wheels...
(457 views, 4 replies)
New Post
dardeshna
Today 11:26 AM
How does your school categorized your FIRST team?
Team 8 used to be considered a club but we ran into issues with people comparing it to lunchtime clubs and not understanding the commitment. We stopped going to club day... no one really knows what...
(1,271 views, 26 replies)
New Post
dardeshna
Today 11:19 AM
[FRC Blog] Virtual Kit, Kickoffs, Payments, and a Special Post-Kickoff Show
Iíve been very happy with how FIRST is handling things as of lateóthe transparency and thoughtfulness is appreciated. Well done!
(708 views, 5 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 11:17 AM
paper: 4 wheel independent drive & independent steering ("swerve")
I can't get to the papers above, so I'm not sure where to start. Here's how to flip and rotate the axes - anything you want should be a combination of these; apply them one after the other. To...
(12,234 views, 20 replies)
New Post
NShep98
Today 11:05 AM
It's Official - No More Stop Build Day! (In 2020)
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked "do you want to go to District Championships". As you pointed out, not everyone cares all that much. My point being, in the initial conversation your team has...
(30,637 views, 271 replies)