OCCRA
Go to Post “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” - Henry Ford - dtrailin [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
MikLast
Today 12:37 AM
Pit setup question?
Used 80/20 this year instead of a tent in 2016 and PVC years before. Personally, wasnt any better weight wise but was marginally easier to setup/take down. Ours was setup in a way that the vertical...
(651 views, 6 replies)
New Post
BronzeStallion
Today 12:36 AM
STEAMPOWERED DOWNLOAD
1351 https://imgur.com/a/XiRj4 Could have done 1000 pressure but I didn't want to be greedy
(1,663 views, 26 replies)
New Post
EricH
Today 12:34 AM
Registration 2018
Tracking this stuff over the years with Fantasy FIRST, I'd go on average 1/event, some events having more, some less. Usually the spots change fairly early as teams figure out they'll be unable to...
(45,383 views, 322 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 12:19 AM
RoboRio Successor Wishlist
You can put quite a few servos on each PDP output. I think $200 retail is an unrealistic target, and a $200 team price is still pretty tight. By the time you account for all the different ways we...
(256 views, 12 replies)
New Post
cobbie
Today 12:05 AM
FIRST Robotics Podcast
You have a great radio voice.
(157 views, 1 replies)
New Post
asid61
Yesterday 11:35 PM
3D printer vs. Manual Mill
IMO, there's enough COTS parts out there a lathe is not as useful as it is "in the real world". Thunderhex, hux hubs, 1/2" hex everything, versablocks, etc. make a small mill much more useful than a...
(1,297 views, 28 replies)
New Post
AlexSwerdlow
Yesterday 11:14 PM
Using Pixy with Java and roboRIO
That looks super cool...I’m glad somebody also is interested in using the Pixy usb connection. I wouldn’t however recommend making a final smart dashboard widget as shuffleboard is in...
(2,700 views, 11 replies)
New Post
Andrew Schreiber
Yesterday 11:09 PM
Robot in 3 Days: What Documentation Do You Prefer?
Yet, proper prioritization of tasks is the single most important thing to do given a limited time period. Emphasizing this, while it makes for pretty mediocre live stream material, could potentially...
(1,386 views, 23 replies)
New Thread
Daniel Ernst
Yesterday 11:00 PM
[FTC]: Photos - FTC 2017 Frog Force Frenzy Qualifier
My photos from the 2017 Frog Force Frenzy FTC Qualifier at Novi Middle School on 11/18/2017 are posted at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielernst/albums/72157662809147868 Enjoy!
(36 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Paul Copioli
Yesterday 10:51 PM
4-cim vs. 6-mini-cim drivetrains
All, I made a calculator error in my calculations below. Ari Meles-Braverman pointed it out to me in a PM. The pressure for the PV calculation is actually 222 psi, not 55.56 psi. see the bolded...
(4,303 views, 48 replies)
New Post
scottandme
Yesterday 10:51 PM
CNC Routers for FRC Robotics
I never said it was - I'm talking aluminum since that's what OP was struggling with. A little shopbot isn't going to push a 1/4" 3 flute endmill at 150 IPM. That's at least a 1HP cut at 1/8" DOC. ...
(36,983 views, 197 replies)
New Post
Howard C
Yesterday 10:38 PM
Brunswick Eruption 16 - Nov. 11, 2017
Thanks to everyone for another great Brunswick Eruption! I would like to give special thanks to our friends at The Blue Alliance and at FIRST HQ- Phil, Eugene, Alex, Danny, Eric from 694. Shoutouts...
(2,827 views, 29 replies)
New Post
trycatch
Yesterday 10:33 PM
Issues with STIMS again this year?
We were getting that too with one student! The page just.. crashes on trying to add a parent for one student. I sent an email to FIRST trying to figure out what in the world we should be doing...
(281 views, 4 replies)
New Post
MrRiedemanJACC
Yesterday 10:30 PM
solidworks tutorials for nubes
Here are some really basic videos that I have done in the past: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5tgnZDO1Io& list=PLmYcAny9kAJN-H8UxR_O08hI7IclFrC4M Also Solidworks provides some .pdf files that...
(1,584 views, 9 replies)
New Post
JesseK
Yesterday 09:47 PM
paper: FRC Drivetrain Characterization
Interesting. Knowing which constant to tune late in a season (as robot parts wear) is crucial to keeping consistency in automation. I think this paper lays a good foundation in that regard. I'm...
(1,090 views, 12 replies)
New Post
cgmv123
Yesterday 09:33 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #697
Everyone's wondering which of them will be the first to invent a robot to give hugs.
(244 views, 12 replies)
New Post
Caleb Sykes
Yesterday 08:56 PM
paper: FRC Elo 2008-2016
I have just published an update to my Elo model titled "FRC_Elo_2005-2017." This model incorporates a couple of major changes to the Elo model I used during the 2017 season, and this will be the...
(6,029 views, 32 replies)
New Post
NathanNFM
Yesterday 08:46 PM
Team 159 Robot Tread Testing
I did some testing of Blue Nitrile when I was with MOE and found rather different results in some aspects, mainly the contact area effects. Two variables you have not given are the weight of the...
(771 views, 4 replies)
New Post
marshall
Yesterday 08:11 PM
Thoughts on OpenMV Cam M7?
Having looked at the JeVois, the M7 that OP is asking about, and the Pixy... I'd pick the JeVois out of the three... it's absurdly impressive. We're also currently beta testing a thing that might...
(214 views, 6 replies)
New Post
414cnewq
Yesterday 06:36 PM
Battle for the Bluegrass 2017
Results have been posted to TBA https://www.thebluealliance. com/event/2017kybb#results
(2,648 views, 19 replies)