Go to Post Perfect! Now I can market another robotics skill as applicable to life -- learn to make bumpers, extend that skill to wrapping presents! - MechEng83 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
MaskedBandit1
Today 06:06 AM
987 Tragic News
Team 2383 extends its deepest condolences to Team 987 as well as the family and friends of Mr. Oscar Ho.
(1,385 views, 10 replies)
New Post
electroken
Today 06:05 AM
Source for rolls of 5mm HTD belt
We've been using Polytech Design for belts and pulleys for the past few years: http://www.polytechdesign.c om/ Web sites don't seem to be their thing but they're a great source of inexpensive belts...
(310 views, 3 replies)
New Post
renderos_17
Today 05:13 AM
Roborio and Arduino wiring
I actually got code on the Rio working so that we could have it communicate with an Uno using serial over just a USB cable. This method is very simple, as the Arduino can both be powered by and...
(150 views, 3 replies)
New Post
ratdude747
Today 03:25 AM
What are Teams Thinking for Multi-Climbs
Perhaps one could additionally brace under the extension part of the rung for side support, or else latch around the bar and have some sort of quick release for removal post-match. The issue I see is...
(8,881 views, 64 replies)
New Post
cad321
Today 02:44 AM
Electrical planning
CAD is a fantastic option if you can. If that is not within your reach, I'd recommend cardboard cutouts of the components (if you have extra's, the real ones work great too) and either a...
(332 views, 7 replies)
New Post
AllenGregoryIV
Today 02:21 AM
Spectrum Build Blog 2018
Day 11: Full Robot Plan http://blog.spectrum3847.or g/2018/01/day-11-ice-day-in-houston-this-is-weird.html Wooden...
(1,521 views, 5 replies)
New Post
ozrien
Today 01:44 AM
Talon/Victor SRX CAN issues
Check the self-test of the Talon and Victor SPX. The "Reset During Enable" and "Under Vbat" sticky faults are probably set. That would of revealed the supply or wiring issue. But since you figured...
(76 views, 2 replies)
New Post
NShep98
Today 01:03 AM
Attack 2 or Attack 3
I think an attack 2 on both switches would be a good week 1 or 2 strategy. Scale bots will not be up to par quite yet, so a well planned offense/defense will be pretty powerful. On the off chance I...
(572 views, 6 replies)
New Post
sparkytwd
Today 12:44 AM
Low Latency Camera Discussion
Odroid C2 is a quad core, and sees about 60% CPU utilization with the 4 streams. 640x480 isn't that demanding (especially in zero-latency mode) for a 1.Xghz cpu. As for USB, the OC2 has an otg port...
(1,497 views, 10 replies)
New Post
Oblarg
Today 12:03 AM
CTRE Phoenix Framework TalonSRX Velocity Control is Unimplemented
It is not unimplemented; please review how switch statements work in java. You are likely not seeing any response because you appear to have neglected to set any of the control loop gains.
(206 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Thad House
Yesterday 11:38 PM
Remote Command Failed Error
You need to update to the 2018 version of the plugins. This looks like you have the 2017 plugins installed. The screensteps page about setting up wpilib shows how to get the latest version.
(76 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Chief Hedgehog
Yesterday 11:34 PM
Current draw of stalling motors to hold up an arm?
We (FRC 4607) had a similar arm in 2016 and had much success. We had over 100 matches that season and is still going strong today! No gas springs, no other support other than the sub-assembly. PM...
(845 views, 14 replies)
New Post
Phred7
Yesterday 11:31 PM
Issues with Spark speed controllers
I would suggest that you have them try an example robot java project to see if that fixes the issues (they would probably need to change the motor controllers though). Also, you might try changing...
(91 views, 1 replies)
New Post
R.C.
Yesterday 11:26 PM
WCP MCC Robot 2018 powered by VEXpro!
The guys took a video of the MCC climbing the ramp we built: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1rrb8ltn2bnmyk/20180116_180329.mp4? dl=0 This is with bumpers at max height and the ramp a little taller than...
(3,272 views, 19 replies)
New Post
rstockton429
Yesterday 11:26 PM
The Robonauts 118-Everybot
Here is the link to the CAD of Everybot. We strived to make it as complete as possible. Here is the link to the Bill of Materials for Everybot. Everybot came out to around $750 plus the items that...
(9,970 views, 38 replies)
New Post
Chief Hedgehog
Yesterday 11:25 PM
Python Roll Call!
Thanks, Nick! We loved Metis - it reminded me of what we attempted to do in 2015, but with real results. Ahhh, what could have been... Nice job to your entire team, that is an incredible robot!
(970 views, 3 replies)
New Post
EricH
Yesterday 11:24 PM
G20/G25 Scale Scoring Grey Area?
Don't worry, I agree that there's something to be said about that being a gray-ish area. However, it is (currently) something of a hypothetical. There's a couple of ways for it to be illegal, a...
(1,890 views, 15 replies)
New Post
tcjinaz
Yesterday 11:08 PM
Java Competition code, LV subsystem test
Thanks for responding Joe. The download failed really quickly. I'll collect more info on Thursday. Tim
(258 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Billfred
Yesterday 10:49 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #705
Hey, I survived to judge! First place goes to: Second place goes to:
(326 views, 17 replies)
New Post
pchild
Yesterday 10:37 PM
Unusually high memory usage by WPILib
I only got to do a bit of testing on this today, I tried removing the current JRE and redeploying with GradleRIO but the JRE deploy did not seem to work. Pic of what I...
(501 views, 11 replies)