Go to Post 1 alliance wins a given tournament but all teams teams have a chance to define, chart, and create their own success. - PayneTrain [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Thread
Cupcake_Person2
Today 05:31 PM
Looking for old game pieces
Hello fellow Chief Delphi members, I am starting a collection of game pieces and are wondering if any of you have any of the following pieces you are willing to sell: 1. Ultimate Assent Frisbee 2....
(103 views, 0 replies)
New Post
gerthworm
Today 05:19 PM
FedEx Crate Shipment Mishaps
I've never been accused of being "reasonably astute"...
(4,002 views, 26 replies)
New Post
draconic
Today 04:33 PM
Team Time Clock - Open source?
We have a custom time clock written by our non-robot-software department, where each member has a 2-4 digit ID number that they enter to clock in and out. We're revising it over the summer, and plan...
(743 views, 11 replies)
New Post
NoshBrooks
Today 04:22 PM
pic: FLL 2018
Most
(742 views, 8 replies)
New Post
JeffB
Today 04:22 PM
Rookie Mentor to a Rookie Team: Teaching Programming
1) Others have posted the suggestion to reach out to NI. I'd strongly encourage the same. ni.com/frc has a link to a support number you can call and explain what you're doing. I'd recommend this...
(764 views, 14 replies)
New Post
JeffB
Today 04:08 PM
Rookie Team Help Request - Software and License Keys Missing
https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/Connect-with-NI-FRC-Technical-Support/ta-p/3734560 I found this by going to www.ni.com/frc and clicking on the Support link. Call in to...
(553 views, 7 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Today 04:00 PM
Teaching new Students
Whatever the approach, use projects to teach. Make their learning actually accomplish something interesting, if not useful. Also cover commenting, version control, and structure relevant for FRC.
(606 views, 6 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Today 03:58 PM
Mentors+Trailers
To answer your questions in order: 1. We use a 7 x 14 V-nose trailer, rear reinforced ramp and side door. 1a. I advise against using your own vehicle to tow, exception being 'near by'. I suppose...
(3,622 views, 30 replies)
New Post
PatrickW
Today 03:53 PM
pic: Swerve Module, 2910 Off Season
The 2 green parts in the model are plastic. We printed them from polymarker PC max and didn't have a single failure. 3d printed toothed pulleys tend to work better then gears because the load is...
(10,287 views, 48 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Today 03:38 PM
Pick a mentor, any mentor...
Guarantees your bot will pass inspection... Is Dave Lavery still available? Why Dave? Team culture. If you know him, you know what I mean.
(3,878 views, 54 replies)
New Post
mman1506
Today 02:58 PM
3D Printers
I've had great luck with TPU on my Mk2s just remember to loosen the idler tension and raise the height offset. Use the normal profiles and not the linear advance ones. I like to use a layer of glue...
(3,765 views, 51 replies)
New Post
21brownz
Today 02:39 PM
RPLidar A1M8 - 360 Degree Laser Scanner Development Kit (Kristin, who are you?)
id send a PM to marshall about it of team 900. They have done some good work with it.
(549 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Billfred
Today 02:27 PM
cRIO replacement for demo bot
Link to that white paper: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/3286
(129 views, 2 replies)
New Post
TheBoulderite
Today 02:14 PM
2018 in 6 words
For me it would be as follows: Wish I could have been there.
(23,019 views, 299 replies)
New Post
Wayne TenBrink
Today 02:09 PM
pic: 4587 Swerve 1.0
+1 A true "X contact" bearing has a "gothic arch" path geometry, compared to a simple radius profile used in a traditional radial contact bearing. The gothic arch path geometry allows each ball to...
(2,226 views, 27 replies)
New Post
SamCarlberg
Today 01:23 PM
Help! Pathfinder one my computer
The 1.5 release on GitHub appears to have a JAR file with JNI builds for the big 3 operating systems.
(434 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Caleb Sykes
Today 01:03 PM
2018 IRI Invite Prediction Contest
That's what I was planning to do, I just didn't have time to finish it all up. I still might go back and do it anyway since I'm probably already 70% there.
(10,849 views, 54 replies)
New Post
Jackflef
Today 11:24 AM
Are Pathfinder paths continuous in curvature?
That's only half the problem if you're correcting your overall robot speed based on curvature radius (Especially important this year to not tip over sideways). The entire robot's linear velocity will...
(2,944 views, 22 replies)
New Post
FredK
Today 11:22 AM
Texas State UIL Championship
Did the hosts ever publish the cause of the radio/packet loss disaster? We were unfortunately one of the teams affected. No problems in 2 regionals but robot was disabled during half of our matches...
(4,100 views, 29 replies)
New Post
wgorgen
Today 10:48 AM
Shifting Swerve, Feedback wanted
Yeah, I am probably not able to see clearly through the haze left over from all the 775pros that we smoked last year. We swore off those motors this year and had a drama-free season (in sharp...
(1,907 views, 19 replies)