Go to Post The more rookies the better, they always think of the things that we dont - pakrat [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 02:09 PM
paper: Fun WCD attempt
For pneumatic tires, you may want to bump up the drop center to 1/4". If you keep it at 1/8", you'll want to be checking the air pressure on the center wheels very regularly to keep the total weight...
(246 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Kevin Leonard
Today 02:08 PM
2017 IRI Predictions
I love these threads. Spot-on, detailed, accurate, intelligent analysis :P Of all the ridiculous things in the post, this is my favorite. EDIT: My own predictions: 1) 2056-118-1885-4265 2)...
(159 views, 1 replies)
New Post
TheBoulderite
Today 02:06 PM
2017 IRI Team List
Indeed. It'll be fun to watch.
(3,146 views, 15 replies)
New Thread
Richard Wallace
Today 01:42 PM
Another burned PDP trace
We had a PDP with one non-functional output. Replaced it and continued with the season, saving the bad unit to inspect later. The damage to ours appears to be similar to the one discussed in an...
(91 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Andrew Schreiber
Today 01:16 PM
pic: 3D Printed Timing Belt
I thought about it, but I only tried this because I had the roll of filament already.
(980 views, 11 replies)
New Thread
SndMndBdy
Today 12:53 PM
Financial Services & Robotics Job Opportunities
Hi, In addition to serving as a mentor for team 3419, my day job is running all of the technology for equities investing at AllianceBernstein. AB is a global leader in investment management, and...
(107 views, 0 replies)
New Post
pKlopp
Today 12:31 PM
Field Rope use
Thanks! Unfortunately it wasn't working properly when we filmed that. We were using zip ties that were too strong so they didn't snap easily. We also were rotating the climber the wrong way, almost...
(394 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Pauline Tasci
Today 12:07 PM
Beach Blitz 2017- Applications Open!
Updated Team Application List: (in order of applied) * reminder apps are due July 19th, currently we have 39 teams who have applied * 973 1323 4 1160 2493 3647 6535
(2,276 views, 19 replies)
New Post
Kevin Ainsworth
Today 10:18 AM
2017 adjustable hood (shooter)
We decided to go fully adjustable this year and designed a servo driven shroud to control release angle. This allowed us to shoot from the hoppers as well as the center gear peg. If you would like...
(1,971 views, 17 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 09:46 AM
Financial Support for Struggling Teams?
If you're not able to get external funding, are you allowed to get items donated? Could a local hardware store donate equipment but not money for example? If this is allowed, one possibility would...
(758 views, 12 replies)
New Thread
n3rdchik
Today 09:38 AM
[FTC]: Speak to me of FTC Leagues
If you are in a league, what do you like? Don't like? How many competitions are there? How many volunteers do you need? Michigan FTC Teams are exploding and it looks like it will be a huge challenge...
(51 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Caleb Sykes
Today 09:33 AM
Elo Comparison of Regions
https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16747 23&postcount=5
(482 views, 4 replies)
New Post
EdgarAlenPoe
Today 09:20 AM
What was your teams worst expierence during competition?
We had one match this year where our main breaker was knocked off the Velcro we mounted it with and hit the field, turning off our robot.
(29,264 views, 115 replies)
New Post
Jon Stratis
Today 09:04 AM
Bumpers *other* than pool noodles?
Getting teams to make proper bumpers even now is hard enough, and that just involves cutting the pool noodles to the correct length. I wouldn't even want to think about the difficulty we would have...
(671 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Oblarg
Today 08:33 AM
CANTalon nominal output voltage functionality
Yes, but why is this necessarily desirable? Once you account for frictional losses (these do not vanish one you break static friction), it seems likely to me that the former solution ends up with a...
(336 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Kevin Leonard
Today 07:06 AM
The MARtian: MidKnight Mayhem 2017
I prefer "The Megalo-fi-oneers", or "The Tech-scack Fi-rodons", but whatever fuels your airship, as they say. The MARtian's recaps are excellent. Keep up the good work!
(1,120 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Koko Ed
Today 05:55 AM
IRI Hotels 2017
My team went with an Airbnb (there's only a dozen to 16 of us going but I'm staying with Rolling Thunder 28 miles away east at a Hampton Inn with another volunteer who needed a place to stay.
(1,594 views, 5 replies)
New Post
johncooper
Today 02:33 AM
Training New Members?
We are allocating 3hrs per section. I expect students will complete the early sections quicker than this which allows them to start working on their own. I expect the latter sections will generally...
(939 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Billfred
Yesterday 09:59 PM
IRI Food and Services Map
Note for those of a Floridian persuasion: Lawrence North is one exit away from the only Tijuana Flats for 400 miles. I somehow swayed an entire busload of CyberTooth kids to partake during the Perry...
(293 views, 1 replies)
New Post
LordPeaches
Yesterday 07:11 PM
A Scouting Tale from the Ages
We had a similar issue to this during this year. We were 13th seed, and moved up to 8th alliance captain at the last second due to captains picking a lot of other captains. We did not plan to be...
(2,432 views, 13 replies)