Go to Post Enlighten a man who sometimes has difficulty understanding why others stray outside the box, when the box appears to be an optimized and elegant solution. - JVN [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Giraffe1294
Today 11:50 AM
Cool ideas for a future FIRST game
But game elements change if you are in the states vs the rest of the world.
(337 views, 5 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 11:50 AM
I need help with the Elevator concept
Or if you can figure out how to make two trips. ;)
(534 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Boltman
Today 11:47 AM
No elim points for RP tasks this year
In the past RP converted to 40 or 100 elimination bonus point swings , in this game they are mostly givens by the time you reach elims, ability to climb 2 or 3 with levitate and place a cube in...
(1,143 views, 10 replies)
New Post
6101 Robert
Today 11:23 AM
Burn In and Prototyping
No, please do not run your versaplanetary without grease. If you look closely at the Andymark tough-box you will notice that they lack a proper involute curve*. This is why the instructions tell...
(323 views, 5 replies)
New Post
New Lightning
Today 11:18 AM
Game plan
Great flow chart looks pretty cool. The only thing that I would have to say is that this chart completely lacks climbing potential on both sides, which could drastically effect match strategy. For...
(644 views, 3 replies)
New Post
firecrafty
Today 11:16 AM
Camera for field question
There is nothing prohibiting a camera connected to the driver station, but per R100C: EDIT: sniped
(92 views, 2 replies)
New Post
JamesCH95
Today 11:04 AM
A team with limited resources: What two things should they focus on doing well...
Along with the obligatory 'switch and exchange, check out 118's everybot' comment, please give your electrical system some very close inspection and work. I've worked with numerous 'low resource' and...
(2,446 views, 33 replies)
New Post
beurwonderwall
Today 11:02 AM
2018 POWER UP Game Manual Test
This is a very through, wonderful test! I plan on using it to test myself (as a drive coach, I hope to have a very broad knowledge of the game and positions) and my drivers. It's a wonderful tool!
(975 views, 6 replies)
New Post
AJCaliciuri
Today 10:56 AM
Best part of competitions?
My favourite part of competition has always been the general atmosphere. From smaller District Events all the way to the World Championship, the music, the excitement/nervousness of the students, the...
(2,037 views, 39 replies)
New Post
Zagar
Today 10:49 AM
Detroit: Airport to downtown transportation
What would be nice, and who knows, possibly something like this may already be in the works, is if FIRST or FIM offered a free shuttle service for teams arriving at the airport. It's not a long...
(675 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Ryan Dognaux
Today 10:45 AM
FIRST Choice round 2
Also no cubes for us. But we did get a VRM, hall effect sensors, another RSL, 2 CIM motors, a Microsoft LifeCam and some reflective tape. I can't complain, we'll get more cube crates eventually....
(565 views, 14 replies)
New Post
Today 10:12 AM
RoboRIO Warming Up?
Depends, What is your CPU usage?
(121 views, 1 replies)
New Thread
robocodepodcast
Today 09:57 AM
A CALL for Mentors!
Good Morning, As the host of the RoboZone Podcast, we are trying to extend our listening base and cover FRC Robotics outside of the State of Michigan. While we love interviewing our Mentos for those...
(264 views, 0 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 09:54 AM
Team Increase Causing Vendor Problems?
While I would agree that the Gen 1 Kitbot certainly raised the floor for younger (or lower resource) teams, however most of the mid and upper tier teams did not use them (I know my previous team...
(2,202 views, 20 replies)
New Post
pchild
Today 09:52 AM
Unusually high memory usage by WPILib
I had done a build while connected to the internet prior to that screenshot, but I'm also kind of dumb so I may have screwed up somewhere. I'll get one of the programming students who actually know...
(585 views, 13 replies)
New Post
rocketgamer102
Today 09:44 AM
Just a Quick Question(s)
If we want to get even deeper, then you could build a robot that can lift other robots above the 12" height requirement while still on the platform. The elevated robot will count and if you use...
(716 views, 5 replies)
New Post
jtrv
Today 09:40 AM
2018 Shirt Trading Thread
I have 340 shirts; I'll be at Central New York and Finger Lakes, and hopefully Detroit champs. Looking for some Ontario / California shirts.
(4,329 views, 45 replies)
New Post
Jared Russell
Today 09:36 AM
No rule this year to stay above 12" after T=0
Teams pondering "jumping" or a Dukes of Hazzard-style launch would do well to read the first line of the glossary definition of CLIMBING.
(2,999 views, 29 replies)
New Post
Kevin Sevcik
Current draw of stalling motors to hold up an arm?
If you're already using JVN, it gives you the required current when moving and loaded. Torque in a DC motor proportional to current. If it takes 50A to lift your load, it takes at most 50A to hold...
(1,555 views, 21 replies)
New Post
jdaming
Double Solenoid programming Labview
Can you talk a little more about what problems you are having? Is nothing moving? Is the compressor turning on? Is the lights on the solenoid lighting up? Is it constantly switching between...
(84 views, 2 replies)