OCCRA
Go to Post I look to the youth for inspiration. - Chief Hedgehog [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
apalrd
Today 10:43 AM
LabVIEW in FRC
I prefer to teach LabVIEW in FRC because I can more easily teach robot control concepts without heavy syntax. LabVIEW is also helpful in its debugging support, and host-side testing. I can start...
(4,117 views, 78 replies)
New Post
SenorZ
Today 10:34 AM
Moonwalk, U.S. Educational progress, Robots
As a teacher, I know I could be making more money working in the private sector... I MAY have even considered going back to school to switch careers a few years ago, before ultimately switching to a...
(993 views, 12 replies)
New Thread
Batrex
Today 10:07 AM
[OCCRA]: Unique Robots
Lately I have been looking at robots and I must say, this year there were a lot of interesting robot . I would like to know what are some interesting robots that you guys have seen this season.
(48 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Cyberphil
Today 09:34 AM
Brunswick Eruption 17 - Nov. 10, 2018
I know I was somewhere in that mass of people and can, in hindsight, vouch for the profound effect this event and contest had on me as a pre-rookie. This was the second event I ever attended, and...
(1,020 views, 12 replies)
New Post
wgorgen
Today 07:08 AM
paper: The Scoosh - a novel approach to linear motion
Ahhh, the lost art of cam and follower design. I love watching the students discover the amazing motions that are possible from these old school technologies like cam and followers or un-even 4 bar...
(481 views, 3 replies)
New Post
marcellui
Today 02:50 AM
how to drive 1/2" hex shafts with a drill?
i normally just cut the shaft like 1 or 2 inches longer, and from those 1 or 2 inches lathe off 0.25in or more from the diameter of the stock so that you can stick it in the drill chuck. if you...
(672 views, 11 replies)
New Post
mpirringer
Yesterday 11:00 PM
3D Printing Planetary Gearboxes?
A couple of things on printing (planetary) gearboxes. We are currently testing one that will most likely replace the tough box minis and I will probably post a video on it in the not to distant...
(4,964 views, 34 replies)
New Post
XaulZan11
Yesterday 10:23 PM
Userbars - Team Roles
Not sure how much we should care about SEO and other benefits of secure sites, but these userbars cause most of the unsecure pages that I've noticed. It's best practice to see if an image as a...
(5,813 views, 41 replies)
New Post
Aaron Li
Yesterday 09:34 PM
2018 Shirt Trading Thread
Will be at Tech Valley- RPI and Central New York- SUNY Poly. Would like to have shirts from 148, 254, 195, 20, 118, 2056. PM?
(69,649 views, 334 replies)
New Post
cobbie
Yesterday 09:23 PM
[FF]: 2019 Season Long Fantasy FIRST
1. Falcon (EricH) 2. 1.21 GW (Hailey.faiella, SnapDragon, Attention, Cobbie) 3. Questionable Decisionmakers (Brian Maher, TDav540, saikiranra, Kellen Hill) 4. The Breakfast Company (BrennanB,...
(3,800 views, 63 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Yesterday 09:08 PM
[FTC]: Servocity structral elements verses pitsco.
I've bought plenty of servos and some accessories at ServoCity, but the prices of their structural elements have sent me elsewhere. I have also used actobotics for light duty FRC manipulators, such...
(117 views, 2 replies)
New Post
robochick1319
Yesterday 06:40 PM
[FRC Blog] FIRST TV Episode and New DLC Pack
Decent idea but for the amount of $$ Regional teams drop for one event, I want and expect a full practice day for inspection and practice field time. Especially since regionals usually have more...
(966 views, 4 replies)
New Post
ChopinWood
Yesterday 06:08 PM
paper: Roboting: A Guide for Total Noobs
Fantastic is an understatement, IMO. The breakdown, page layout, colors, pictures & illustrations make it super easy to consume for a noob! It is the opposite of typical guides which are usually...
(2,600 views, 33 replies)
New Post
Mark McLeod
Yesterday 05:17 PM
Registration 2019
We're at a nice even 6000 event slots assigned to teams. Just adding up the Registered column on this page: https://frc-events.firstinspires .org/2019/events
(34,280 views, 206 replies)
New Post
Daler99
Yesterday 03:06 PM
Most Matches Played in Calendar Year
Where would Morpheus fall on this list? In the FIRST Power Up season, we played 128 matches over 10 events.
(2,828 views, 21 replies)
New Post
brl
Yesterday 02:37 PM
pic: 3 CIM minimum height 2 speed gearbox
I've realized I can't use a dead axle here anyways as the 60T are coaxial with/drive the 28T and 18Ts. I'll probably change to a C, yes; and the inclusion of those idlers seems to've just been a...
(472 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Tom Line
Yesterday 01:09 PM
FIRST: Please simplify parent and student consent.
I will just point out that all of FIRST's data and sponsorship requirements could easily be met with a simple single point of service page that parents can fill out.
(2,225 views, 19 replies)