OCCRA
Go to Post This is good training for the real world, where you will have to deal with those kinds of projects that make you die a little inside every time. It's very inspiring stuff! - s_forbes [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
EricH
Today 02:53 AM
Bagging your robot in 18.36 seconds
I think some ocean water will work, don't you?
(2,607 views, 25 replies)
New Post
Conallking
Today 01:30 AM
paper: Roboting: A Guide for Total Noobs
Wow, this is really awesome and in-depth. Thank you a bunch for creating this paper and sharing it with the community. I learned a lot from it and look forward to sharing it with newer members on my...
(3,442 views, 39 replies)
New Thread
AustinH
Today 12:46 AM
New Post
Connor McBride
Today 12:20 AM
pic: NEO Gearbox Concept
How well did it perform?
(807 views, 7 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 12:14 AM
Laptop help
I can't speak to Solidworks, but I have used Autodesk Inventor (2016) on a computer with worse specs than this and it runs OK. The M1200M graphics card on the model you linked is actually fairly...
(105 views, 2 replies)
New Post
21brownz
Today 12:06 AM
how to drive 1/2" hex shafts with a drill?
All of these will work, but my #1 goto is a 1/2" socket and a converter from the socket square to hex is what I use consistently
(1,358 views, 18 replies)
New Post
21brownz
Yesterday 11:58 PM
Team 973 Signing Off
We made the switch from Fusion360 and haven't looked back since. We still use Fusion for prototyping individual parts and CAM but there really isn't anything better than Onshape for FRC.
(14,440 views, 110 replies)
New Post
auscompgeek
Yesterday 10:18 PM
New Hardware Support?
From what I've heard, REV have also asked the WPILib folks with help on writing the roboRIO libraries for the SPARK MAX, so it's likely Dustin will have enough influence such that writing a wrapper...
(322 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Niklas701
Yesterday 07:45 PM
3 Scale Cube Auto Club #3SCAC
We tipped a couple of times at an offseason but never in season. We added a kickstand following that offseason.
(17,406 views, 87 replies)
New Post
JimH0086
Yesterday 07:34 PM
Gradle- Building vision code on Pi 3
OK! We got Vision working on the RPi. I can see the raw sample on pi.ip.adr:1185 and processed image on 1186 in our windows machine browser. We want to use the cscore raw image in Grip on the...
(714 views, 6 replies)
New Post
nick4130
Yesterday 07:29 PM
How does your school categorized your FIRST team?
Recognizes us as a varsity sport due to the time we put in. We put in almost the same time if not more than sports team vs a usual extracurricular such as key club. So we do get all the perks that...
(1,478 views, 28 replies)
New Post
AdamHeard
Yesterday 07:27 PM
Need help with choosing Versa-planetary redaction stages
We seem to use 4, 5 and 9:1 the most. I'd pick either 4 or 5 and not both if you're to minimize extra.
(348 views, 4 replies)
New Post
JimH0086
Yesterday 07:21 PM
How do I get started with coding a robot?
Not sure what you mean by "get started". FRC has a fairly good step by step that "should" get a basic bot moving using Command or Iteritive Robot Sample code. FRC Resources: ...
(170 views, 3 replies)
New Post
asid61
Yesterday 05:56 PM
pic: NEO in wheel swerve concept
You can get the bearings for far cheaper (around $20-30) from China directly.
(539 views, 6 replies)
New Post
OwenD
Yesterday 05:55 PM
Ways to organize a new community team?
We (Apple Pi) have been a 4H team for many years. They provide us with both insurance and 501c3 status at very little cost to us. They have also provided an awesome link to the agricultural...
(257 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Mr V
Yesterday 05:24 PM
Registration 2019
oops my fingers must have slipped too.
(35,205 views, 210 replies)
New Post
Tyler Olds
Yesterday 04:39 PM
Howdy Bots (6377) Telethon on FUN
FUN will donate $1 up to $100 to everyone who comments Howdy on our Twitch page to the Howdy Bots FRC #6377 Telethon going on RIGHT NOW until 5:30pm eastern. Go to...
(412 views, 5 replies)
New Post
juchong
Yesterday 04:37 PM
REV MAX and NEO Stall Torque Testing
You're welcome! I don't think browning out the motor is really where the limitation of the motor resides. I'm more worried about full stall for long periods of time (multiple seconds). Purely...
(1,231 views, 6 replies)
New Post
EricH
Yesterday 03:22 PM
"The level playing field" in FIRST
Right now, there is an incentive to seed first. You get the best picks. As soon as you change that, in either method proposed (captains can't be picked, OR 8 picks first), the games will begin....
(9,978 views, 132 replies)
New Post
Why Not?
Yesterday 02:04 PM
paper: Preliminary REV MAX and NEO Stall Torque Testing
The motor controllers used are a Talon SR, Victor SP and Spark MAX, correct?
(688 views, 7 replies)