OCCRA
Go to Post All the same lessons that can be learned or taught with custom drive trains can also be learned or taught with custom manipulators and scoring mechanisms, and the latter is far more likely to set your team apart in the competition. - Jared Russell [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
StAxis
Today 03:14 PM
FRC Blog - Thanks and Welcome
Sarah Plemmons has always been a great inspiration for our team. From being one of our founding mentors to doing an amazing job putting on the Orlando Regional, she pours her heart and soul into...
(403 views, 2 replies)
New Post
EricLeifermann
Today 02:22 PM
REV Control HUB
IIRC REV won the bid to supply the control system for FIRST Global this past year. My guess is this is the controller.
(203 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Koko Ed
Today 02:13 PM
2017 Rah Cha Cha Ruckus
That aint happening til Saturday morning. You're asking for trouble if you publish an off season event's schedule before the day of the event. We got a team coming all the way from China! Who knows...
(9,859 views, 71 replies)
New Post
Whatever
Today 02:01 PM
Official 2018 FRC Teaser - FIRST POWER UP
Going to 2v2 would play havoc on the match schedules. Either the turn time would need to speed way up or teams would be looking at 6 qual matches for a 60 team regional. Going to 4v4 would be more...
(36,560 views, 237 replies)
New Post
Michelle692
Today 01:31 PM
Team/Club management regarding sports
We're also in the camp of letting everyone join, and accept that students doing sports will not be there as much. The one thing I wanted to add that I do is talk with the members doing winter sports...
(2,089 views, 24 replies)
New Thread
Hugh Meyer
Today 12:52 PM
CAGE Match Results
Here are some links to results from CAGE Match held Oct 21, 2017 at Southport High School in Indianapolis Indiana. Photo Stream on...
(102 views, 0 replies)
New Post
SJaladi
Today 12:46 PM
Recommended Timing Pulley Size
Hey guys, I know the prevailing convention in FRC is to use HTD neoprene/fiberglass reinforced belts, but I would like to offer an alternative that is possibly better, and field tested by 1923 last...
(1,236 views, 15 replies)
New Post
MoistRobot
Today 12:21 PM
How does your team secure your battery? (x-post electrical)
We make an open top box out of polycarb bent to conform to the shape of the battery then bolt it to the belly pan and/or frame. Then a velcro luggage strap usually passes around the box and belly pan...
(1,467 views, 28 replies)
New Post
ctt956
Today 12:06 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #693
New entry: He just heard that his team's trailer challenged 11Foot8...and lost.
(298 views, 14 replies)
New Post
KrazyCarl92
Today 11:31 AM
FRC Rookie from Greece looking for help!
Hi Evangelos! I am a mentor from Team 20, a veteran team located just a 15 minute drive from the competition you've registered for, the New York Tech Valley Regional. We would be glad to help you...
(799 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Oblarg
Today 11:07 AM
Gyro+Encoder Pose Estimation
I taught myself R a couple years back during an internship, and found it so useful that I have made it something of a mission to ensure that as many people learn it as possible (which, of course,...
(513 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Taggerun
Today 10:04 AM
FIRST Power Up Arcade Machine
Oh....
(2,239 views, 24 replies)
New Post
Brian M
Today 07:51 AM
Researching Folklore of FIRST Robotics
It's everyday bro with the CAD workflow. 500 parts in 3 days, never done before. Passed all the competition man world champs is next . Man I poppin all these rivets, got that brand new Molex. -FRC...
(2,007 views, 19 replies)
New Post
Mark McLeod
Yesterday 09:02 PM
Reasoning behind R63
The port rule is based on the results of testing. There are hardware differences in how the two ports are implemented that can cause compatibility issues with devices connected to them. For example,...
(673 views, 1 replies)
New Post
novelCytologist
Yesterday 08:33 PM
LGBTQ+ of FIRST Partnerships!
What a great idea! I'll be sure to spread this around.
(463 views, 1 replies)
New Thread
AlexD744
Yesterday 07:32 PM
Looking for Robotics Teacher - Miami, FL - FRC 4517
Saw this posting on the FRC in South Florida facebook page and figured I'd share it here. Looks like one of our Florida teams is looking for a new teacher, and they're not registered as of yet, so it...
(285 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Thayer McCollum
Yesterday 07:07 PM
CNC Routers for FRC Robotics
I can't speak to fancy industrial Lagunas like Brandon was talking about but we have this one in our shop. The control interface on the machine itself is incredibly minimal which makes it both...
(33,640 views, 182 replies)