Go to Post You can take the man out of FIRST, but you can't take FIRST out of the man. - George1902 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
jaredhk
Yesterday 11:51 PM
Team Time Clock - Open source?
Extremely easy solution is to just have a clock in and clock out Google Form. But that's no fun. We looked at a bunch of different options a few years ago and just weren't really happy with any of...
(903 views, 13 replies)
New Post
sorceryandbeans
Yesterday 11:02 PM
Looking for old game pieces
Will check our frisbee status. I know we have a few. One is being displayed and one we were actually messing around with at our meeting tonight. I'll get back to you on Wednesday.
(317 views, 2 replies)
New Thread
coderkevin
Yesterday 11:00 PM
T-Shirt Cannon Calculations Spreadsheet
After kicking it around for a couple years, our team has decided to make a T-Shirt Cannon robot this offseason. We've read all the posts on here and done a bunch of research and it's been helpful...
(54 views, 0 replies)
New Post
sorceryandbeans
Yesterday 11:00 PM
What is your off season summer project this year.
We are actually doing quite a few to keep the momentum going and kids learning skills. The programming team made up a game (using a basic chassis going around the switch) for everyone to try which...
(768 views, 14 replies)
New Post
coderkevin
Yesterday 10:34 PM
T shirt Cannon barrel material and adaptor
We're also starting on a project like this in our offseason. So far, the best material I've seen is DuraPlus...
(1,020 views, 9 replies)
New Post
frcguy
Yesterday 10:14 PM
Chezy Champs 2018
Sad I'm going to miss this one, I'll be on the other coast. It was always a great time, the 254 folks put on a great event and I've been honored to work with them the last two seasons.
(465 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Kautz
Yesterday 10:03 PM
Versa BS Gearbox WCD Config + #35 sprockets?!
Can you get 18or 20 ft/sec with 6" wheels with out brown out? I am not doing well with this JVN spreadsheet. How much current Draw per gearbox is to much? Thank you for your help Bill
(805 views, 10 replies)
New Post
R.C.
Yesterday 09:06 PM
Makerbot Replicator 2 vs Ultimaker 2 vs Formlab Form 2
Those gears were used purely for 1:1 encoder reading on our swerve. They take practically zero load. I personally wouldn't use plastic printed gears on anything but an encoder stage. But they worked...
(511 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Mads Eskildsen
Yesterday 07:15 PM
My First Swerve (Feedback Wanted)
I'm planning on 3D printing the Face gear and the encoder gear. In the CAD I'm using a SA035XPO bearing. I'll try to play with the gear ratios when I have more time to get a higher speed, thanks...
(735 views, 7 replies)
New Post
KaranY
Yesterday 07:05 PM
Cooler Master Gaming Tournament
So based off the poll for what game should be played in the tournament, I guess CS: GO is the winner. Looks like Fortnite will also be played if they decide to go two games.
(4,954 views, 35 replies)
New Post
Jjmase123
Yesterday 06:26 PM
Machining Circular Parts (Gears/Sprockets/etc)
This isn't exactly speaking to your question, but I thought it'd still help to share. NYC CNC's has been a great channel to help me learn CNC without a dedicated machinist on hand. Here's a link to a...
(1,150 views, 9 replies)
New Post
NoshBrooks
Yesterday 04:22 PM
pic: FLL 2018
Most
(801 views, 8 replies)
New Post
JeffB
Yesterday 04:22 PM
Rookie Mentor to a Rookie Team: Teaching Programming
1) Others have posted the suggestion to reach out to NI. I'd strongly encourage the same. ni.com/frc has a link to a support number you can call and explain what you're doing. I'd recommend this...
(781 views, 14 replies)
New Post
JeffB
Yesterday 04:08 PM
Rookie Team Help Request - Software and License Keys Missing
https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/Connect-with-NI-FRC-Technical-Support/ta-p/3734560 I found this by going to www.ni.com/frc and clicking on the Support link. Call in to...
(615 views, 7 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Yesterday 04:00 PM
Teaching new Students
Whatever the approach, use projects to teach. Make their learning actually accomplish something interesting, if not useful. Also cover commenting, version control, and structure relevant for FRC.
(624 views, 6 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Yesterday 03:58 PM
Mentors+Trailers
To answer your questions in order: 1. We use a 7 x 14 V-nose trailer, rear reinforced ramp and side door. 1a. I advise against using your own vehicle to tow, exception being 'near by'. I suppose...
(3,670 views, 30 replies)
New Post
PatrickW
Yesterday 03:53 PM
pic: Swerve Module, 2910 Off Season
The 2 green parts in the model are plastic. We printed them from polymarker PC max and didn't have a single failure. 3d printed toothed pulleys tend to work better then gears because the load is...
(10,342 views, 48 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Yesterday 03:38 PM
Pick a mentor, any mentor...
Guarantees your bot will pass inspection... Is Dave Lavery still available? Why Dave? Team culture. If you know him, you know what I mean.
(3,907 views, 54 replies)
New Post
mman1506
Yesterday 02:58 PM
3D Printers
I've had great luck with TPU on my Mk2s just remember to loosen the idler tension and raise the height offset. Use the normal profiles and not the linear advance ones. I like to use a layer of glue...
(3,819 views, 51 replies)
New Post
21brownz
Yesterday 02:39 PM
RPLidar A1M8 - 360 Degree Laser Scanner Development Kit (Kristin, who are you?)
id send a PM to marshall about it of team 900. They have done some good work with it.
(616 views, 6 replies)