OCCRA
Go to Post I've always responded to the cries of, "robot!" with, "person!" I always get startled looks. It's fun. - Rich Kressly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
nickbrickmaster
Today 06:11 PM
C and Java
The syntax is almost entirely the same. If you know C (not C++ necessarily) you should learn about object oriented programming especially in an FRC context. Java has almost no access to any sort of...
(137 views, 2 replies)
New Post
bobbysq
Today 05:59 PM
Git at competitions
If cloud storage is really needed for some reason, it would be possible to have someone do a USB tether to a laptop for internet access. My team just uses one laptop at competition though.
(459 views, 11 replies)
New Post
TikiTech
Today 05:33 PM
Merge Troubles
Are you trying to connect parts together so they are not able to be moved around in the workspace? First thing is to make sure your first object (part) is grounded. Then use the constrain function to...
(203 views, 1 replies)
New Post
risho900
Today 05:20 PM
Pneumatic System Help
Ah I see, well I tried the multimeter method and when the pressure reached about 120, the pressure switch voltage jumped to ~0.75V and stayed there. However the compressor was still making noise so...
(2,797 views, 55 replies)
New Post
Lil' Lavery
Today 05:15 PM
Solenoids
For the purpose of FRC, solenoid valves are what open and close the pathways for the pressurized air to move the pneumatic cylinders. When a solenoid valve is in one position, the air pressure flows...
(182 views, 2 replies)
New Post
JohnSchneider
Today 04:56 PM
Robowrangler Slack Emoji Pack
JVN, I appreciate your dedication to a unified meme-based response system. As I get older it is becoming harder to keep up with the "dank" (Did I use this right?) memes the kids are using now. Being...
(469 views, 2 replies)
New Post
tekunalogy
Today 04:42 PM
Stupid Question
I learned Java through APCS, but I recently found this website which has pdf books. There is one on Java that I have given to members. All free and great stuff. https://books.goalkicker.com Sent...
(125 views, 2 replies)
New Post
ThatSoftwareGuy
Today 04:00 PM
How do you teach new programming members?
One thing I noticed is that new programmers can sometimes rely too much on waiting for experienced programmers to give them the answer. Just this week, we had two students that needed to learn...
(888 views, 8 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 03:55 PM
China Update: China 2019 Canceled
This at the moment seems to be the real concern. I've already had discussions with some teams that would have changed their 1st and 2nd round preferences as a result of the 3 cancelled regionals...
(3,802 views, 24 replies)
New Post
Wayne Doenges
Today 03:44 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #745
Women: "See that door way over there? That's where you need to load in the truck. However, you have to do it all by hand. There is no way that truck will fit." Guy: "No habla English."
(146 views, 10 replies)
New Post
BrianAtlanta
Today 03:08 PM
What do they do in beta?
We talked about our plans last Tuesday, things we want to do... - Upgrade 2018 code - Rookies create new project for a pancake bot - Checkout unit testing - extend gradle build script to ensure code...
(511 views, 4 replies)
New Post
pkrishna3082
Today 03:06 PM
Are we out of touch? Is memes bad? Are meme good?
I like memes as much as the next guy, but it's disingenuous to imply that they're replacing words for serious communication. I don't understand why it's such a big issue. Whoa whoa whoa......
(3,572 views, 52 replies)
New Post
notmattlythgoe
Today 02:20 PM
Age breakdown of CD
^^ This post wins the thread, shut er down boys.
(1,457 views, 12 replies)
New Post
jodocsingh
Today 02:15 PM
BAN the person above you!
Banned because you unnecessarily reminded me that Family Guy exists
(283,458 views, 3,727 replies)
New Post
Pauline Tasci
Today 02:07 PM
Beach Blitz 2018
Thank you all for supporting Beach Blitz and for helping to make this event a success for the third year! Beach Blitz is all about the teams and we were thrilled by this year's event! We'd...
(10,168 views, 66 replies)
New Post
CptJJ
Today 01:21 PM
Sensors, TalonSRX vs Roborio
While the 1000hz loops and sensor integration might be nice at times, I think the talons real strength is in motion magic. For the vast majority of teams that dont have the time to craft perfect...
(465 views, 10 replies)
New Post
Al Skierkiewicz
Today 12:27 PM
Is a battery screw terminal legal?
Nate, The robot rules have specified what I call "tab" batteries for as far back as lead acid batteries have been legal. During manufacture, the batteries have no terminals, so internally all...
(1,111 views, 12 replies)
New Post
Al Skierkiewicz
Today 12:17 PM
Uses for Spike Blues
The RoboRio relay outputs are designed to interface with the Spike relays. However, the Spike is pretty simple and can be fed with a simple digital output. Spikes are designed so that output can be...
(561 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Al Skierkiewicz
Today 12:10 PM
Minor help
Another way is if the device is part of a COTS computing device. Just saying...
(208 views, 5 replies)
New Post
NathanStro
Today 11:35 AM
Class of 2019, where are you applying?
Super excited to finally be able to reply to this thread :D My schools in order of importance go -RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology): Early Desicion! -Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University...
(2,448 views, 44 replies)