OCCRA
Go to Post Never quit, never give up, never say die! - Cascade [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Jon Stratis
Today 05:11 PM
Team 254 Looking For Mentors
I'll second Andrew's "It's who you know" concept. I've helped several of my alumni hook up with teams in other areas, and it's all been through contacting someone in that area I already know to help...
(3,097 views, 28 replies)
New Post
marshall
Today 05:07 PM
Introducing Limelight for FRC
Reasons: A) The maximum they can charge for it is $400 under the present rules* B) This is the only plug and play vision solution in FRC right now C) They are the only ones on the market with a...
(8,928 views, 76 replies)
New Post
gbear605
Today 04:54 PM
Matlab Licence for FRC
I haven't personally used it, but a few years ago our team considered doing vision processing in Matlab/Simulink (I forget which). I know that other teams have done so. 696 did simulations of a...
(1,031 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Tyler Olds
Today 04:35 PM
FRCTop25 Popularity Poll for Charity! Vote, Troll & Win!
Update: Here are the prizes for those who donate to the FRCTop25 Charity Poll! The stream starts at 8:30pm Eastern at https://www.twitch.tv/firstupdatesnow When we reach x in cumulative donations...
(1,841 views, 12 replies)
New Post
fllthenfrc
Today 04:20 PM
FRC Blog - 2018 Beta Teams, Brushless Motors, and More!
TEAM 4783 RoboRavens is hosting a Virtual Open House for the 2018 Beta testing this Friday the 15th of December at 4:30 PM EST. This will be a Facebook live session accessible from:...
(18,589 views, 143 replies)
New Post
AgentSmith451
Today 03:57 PM
FirstChoice, what did you get?
No NavX, but we did get one of the brushless motors to mess with, and miscellaneous other things. Interested to see what people do with the NavX
(2,859 views, 39 replies)
New Post
EricH
Today 03:52 PM
Best Robots by Age
So, winning the Championship Chairman's Award is associated with how the team performs on the field? I believe you were thinking that HoF status was a rank of team success, and that I can agree on.
(45,965 views, 211 replies)
New Post
MonroeM
Today 03:25 PM
What's the rule on changing wheels at an event?
If you are replacing an exact identical item such as a standard wheel you do not need to be reinspected because there should be no change to height,weight, etc. For our team in the past we have had...
(1,563 views, 22 replies)
New Post
ahartnet
Today 02:39 PM
From where does your team but its wires?
Good choice on the monoprice for practice robot. I actually got in this thread just to see if Allen Gregory had already pitched it, and if not I was going to. It's cheap and convenient to keep wire...
(390 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Lael
Today 02:37 PM
High performance 3d printed plastics
Thanks jgerstein, do you have any photos of where / how your team used the markfroged 3d printed parts? it would be great to see them
(857 views, 8 replies)
New Post
frcteam772
Today 02:37 PM
[FRC Blog] 2018 Safety Animation Award sponsored by UL
Thanks to everyone who replied lol. It did turn out that my problem was not being assigned as student submitter. Here's the safety animation we made, if anyone would like to check it out:...
(1,587 views, 10 replies)
New Post
paul.dornfeld
Today 02:21 PM
Plenum cable: Is it legal?
Thank you all so much for the great suggestions, recommendations and warnings. After comparing the costs of 100 feet, 12 ga, stranded copper wire with red and black pvc-jacket, we decided to purchase...
(682 views, 13 replies)
New Post
asid61
Today 02:14 PM
Mounting an Encoder to a Live WCD Axle
You could also do #25 chain, or #35 chain if you wanted to be extra safe. But for a first-time WCD it's better to just have the tensioning in case something goes wrong. Exact C-C is completely doable...
(1,423 views, 27 replies)
New Thread
hybrid.helix
Today 02:08 PM
2017 Bay Area AI (Machine Learning) Workshop | Dec 16th
If you're interested in getting into AI, come join current and alumni members of teams 254, 604, and 1868 for our intro to machine learning workshop this Saturday, Dec 16th from 8am-4pm, hosted...
(119 views, 0 replies)
New Post
indieFan
Today 01:47 PM
An ethical supplier question
Coke is an example of a Trade Secret.
(29,218 views, 195 replies)
New Post
Théodore
Today 01:28 PM
RPI won't load shared libraries
Hi, thanks for your answer. I tried using nm on libntcore.so and it gave hundreds of line of incomprehensible stuff, here are a few lines : 0005fb10 T...
(237 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Dwight_2
Today 01:23 PM
Have you ever....?
Well... this summer during an offseason event they had a team mentor match and I graduated just last year so I was technically a mentor, and I had actually practiced before the season as an operator....
(240,155 views, 2,546 replies)
New Post
ejj28
Today 01:12 PM
FRCSim, Gazebo v7, and GearsBot example
Hi there, I'm currently trying to get FRCSim running, but every time I start gazebo, I get this error: Failed to load plugin /Users/****/wpilib/simulation/plugins/liblimit_switch.dyli b:...
(4,908 views, 14 replies)
New Post
sanddrag
Today 12:43 PM
2018 Championship Housing - Is it open?
It appears to be now open for all teams. The "Hold Rooms" button is available for me, and I was easily and successfully able to block rooms. There are sufficient choices with sufficient quantity of...
(295 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Tim Sharp
Today 12:36 PM
The Problem With Events
We have seriously considered this as well. It is our "Plan B" if we ever fall on hard times.
(2,865 views, 31 replies)