Go to Post The best way to brainstorm is to just do it. - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
usbcd36
Today 12:51 PM
Everything thinks that we're in competition but we're obviously not
The error message you're receiving is misleading. What it actually means is that something in your code is throwing an exception, and nothing is handling that exception until it propagates all the...
(162 views, 1 replies)
New Post
rtomp
Today 12:47 PM
Motor Question
.. JVN Calc is definitely you friend here, however if it doesn't quite have all the info you'd like and you want some more in depth help, you can PM me here or email me at Robert@team2168.org and...
(306 views, 9 replies)
New Post
pchild
Today 12:46 PM
Electrical planning
For rough ideas and brainstorming we have 1:1 printouts of electrical components that we laminated and attached magnets to. We mix and match on a whiteboard and use expo markers to represent wire...
(710 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Kevin Leonard
Today 12:30 PM
How the rules can discourage dangerous behavior
A bit of a thread revival here, I just wanted to touch base on how it seems like this was taken into account in the 2018 game. I can't currently find a place in the game where a safety rule would...
(15,070 views, 184 replies)
New Post
JFlynn
Today 12:28 PM
Problems with Swerve Drive
Did you get this solved? If not, I sent you a PM with an offer to help.
(214 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Maxcr1
Today 12:19 PM
Detecting Keyboard
There are a few ways to do this, such as running a Java program on your laptop that uses a Keyboard Listener class built into Java to detect keystrokes. Then you can append those values to the...
(192 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Today 12:18 PM
Problems compiling with raspberry pi as a coproccesor in c++
Ah, yes, of course. Thank you. It compiled, but now I'm getting errors. Will post more if I need more help. So appreciated.
(84 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Mark McLeod
Today 11:50 AM
Update the PDP
You shouldn't need to update the PDP firmware as it hasn't changed in a long while. PDP version 1.4 is the latest. If you do need to update your PDP, the firmware is in the public documents folder...
(253 views, 1 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 11:46 AM
Compressor
It is possible to get current PSI in you system by using of one of these. As others have pointed out, you can enable or disable the compressor via code, though it will still self-limit to a max of...
(392 views, 11 replies)
New Post
Jon Stratis
Today 11:44 AM
Are multiple pressure regulators possible
Then please, check the rules before giving advice. R83 part G specifically allows check valves, provided R95 is still met. It's possible to create a pneumatic system with check valves that does not...
(824 views, 14 replies)
New Post
Jon Stratis
Today 11:42 AM
Legality of segment of exposed frame
Yes, that is correct and legal. Please ensure that, as you measure the 6", you are measuring the frame itself, not the wood (which may overlap the bumper at the corner, per R30B) or the pool noodle...
(179 views, 1 replies)
New Post
roystur44
Today 11:38 AM
1.125" and .875" Reamers with 1/2" Shank
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/71011704 https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/71011563 Just cut a .250 pilot hole in the material and counterbore. Personality we just drill a .250...
(1,103 views, 14 replies)
New Post
Type
Today 11:36 AM
Motor climber issues
When gearing your climber, give yourself some lead room with the amperage. We designed ours right on the edge last year so we could climb quick but resulted with our first event being a joke. Our...
(737 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Jon Stratis
Today 11:22 AM
Team Increase Causing Vendor Problems?
I haven't seen any shipping delays so far this season. That includes numerous orders from Vex and AndyMark, as well as orders from The Robot space, Amazon, and Automation Direct. What's been...
(992 views, 8 replies)
New Post
Boltman
Today 11:01 AM
No rule this year to stay above 12" after T=0
Another consideration ...the two Rungs are in the center of field for both alliances , offset slightly from center. Unlike Stronghold where there were three separate rungs at each end (6 total)...
(2,025 views, 23 replies)
New Thread
Hallry
Today 10:58 AM
[FRC Blog] Develop Ethics Canons before the Crisis
Posted on the FRC Blog, 1/18/18: https://www.firstinspires.or g/robotics/frc/blog/develop-ethics-canons-before-the-crisis
(407 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Trying to Help
Today 10:54 AM
FRC 95 2018 Build Thread
So as a non-mechanical mentor, I didn't know about the FRC Design Calculator. In case there's anyone else looking for it, I think it's available here: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/3292
(9,110 views, 49 replies)
New Post
smitikshah
Today 10:51 AM
FIRST Choice Round 2 Shipping?
Thanks, will do.
(393 views, 8 replies)
New Post
dmaggio744
Today 10:51 AM
Polycarbonate VersaFrame Arm
Glad to see other teams using polycarb VF! I was working on our practice bot last night when i fished some plastic stock out of our closet and used that instead, looking forward to using it this year!
(714 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Daniel_LaFleur
Today 10:29 AM
Just a Quick Question(s)
not to :deadhorse: but search is your friend. and to answer your questions: Yes and yes. Is it a good idea? that's another issue altogether.
(480 views, 4 replies)