OCCRA
Go to Post Consider how nature does this, and emulate. Nature usually has a pretty good algorithm. - DonRotolo [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
jlai
Today 03:50 AM
How to design efficiently
Thank you for sharing! That motivates me to share some of my own teaching of Onshape (independent of the robotics context) that I haven't sat down to do yet. Maybe in time for the season to...
(762 views, 8 replies)
New Post
apache8080
Today 03:48 AM
"The level playing field" in FIRST
So after reading through this thread, I think Allen Gregory had the best response. The biggest problem that FRC has is the resource gap between teams, and it isn't only money, but also years of...
(7,297 views, 96 replies)
New Post
jlai
Today 03:41 AM
CAD PDM for 2018-2019 season
As mentioned in my detailed https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17326 61&postcount=20, we use Onshape for FRC 2090. If you have any questions, it seems many on CD are using it (or at...
(1,042 views, 12 replies)
New Post
jlai
Today 03:31 AM
Question on Ball Mate Feature Onshape
If you still need a look/review, private message here and I can give you my Onshape account to share it with.
(168 views, 1 replies)
New Post
RoboChair
Today 02:17 AM
pic: 3 CIM minimum height 2 speed gearbox
Now try this gearbox with the NEO motors!
(1,007 views, 12 replies)
New Post
RoboChair
Today 02:15 AM
pic: 2 speed NEO drivetrain gearbox.
Very swanky, but I think you should set everything to Gold and Hot Rod Red for that Iron Man look.
(273 views, 5 replies)
New Post
EricH
Today 02:01 AM
Burnout and Preseason
Ditto. I'm a little closer than Akash (by about the width of the US)--some of you guys have probably talked to me in person at the LA Regional in the last two seasons.
(835 views, 10 replies)
New Post
Niklas701
Today 12:47 AM
3 Scale Cube Auto Club #3SCAC
Hereís match video from Bot Bash of the 3 cube working. The match starts around 11:40. https://youtu.be/RLk4jXiRCEg
(16,650 views, 83 replies)
New Post
Marcus Q
Today 12:29 AM
FRC Blog - 2019 Motor Controllers and MXP
I'd recommend avoiding the more KV = less torque thing in FRC. The reason people use it in skateboard and drone stuff is due to having limited or no options for gearing. They essentially use KV as a...
(14,291 views, 120 replies)
New Post
Darre_
Today 12:15 AM
New key volunteer position for 2019!
Also keep in mind that it could also be many game pieces with an insufficient or unsafe way to count them. Consider the Boiler in 2017. That thing was literally a deathtrap inside while it was...
(1,378 views, 17 replies)
New Post
Lukas2021
Yesterday 11:44 PM
Best wheel options?
As mentioned before, pneumatic wheels arenít terribly common due to their inconsistency, size, and difficulty to control. When considering what wheels to use, it pays to mess around/ test different...
(222 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Wayne TenBrink
Yesterday 11:26 PM
pic: 1918 Swerve module concept using Rev NEO
We have been working on a swerve chassis during the off season. One of the challenges is to find the simplest, lightest, most manufacturable, and most serviceable approach. Another challenge is to...
(199 views, 1 replies)
New Thread
CptSa1ty
Yesterday 11:19 PM
Difficulty connecting to Limelight
My team is planning on using Limelight next season, and I'm currently trying to do all the setup for it, following the documentations instructions. But I can't seem to connect to it from...
(86 views, 0 replies)
New Post
marshall
Yesterday 11:08 PM
AndyMark Winter Product Launch - December 6th 2018
Matt only asked because he's building fidget spinners.
(800 views, 11 replies)
New Post
marshall
Yesterday 11:07 PM
FIRST Choice and vKOP Webinar (11/15@7PM EST)
So I would not assume anything. Hopefully Tableau returns but there is no telling what FIRST HQ has planned.
(848 views, 14 replies)
New Post
marshall
Yesterday 10:30 PM
Significant Change coming to FRC (in 2020)
Just you. ;)
(33,689 views, 229 replies)
New Post
Conallking
Yesterday 09:02 PM
How does your school categorized your FIRST team?
My team has been considered a club officially by our school for a long time now, however we are looking at either getting ourselves considered as a team or even being a separate non-profit. Being a...
(1,147 views, 25 replies)
New Post
JonellGregor
Yesterday 07:37 PM
Orlando Regional Stellar Alumni Nominations
I am so glad the Orlando Regional is going to continue to recognize FIRST and Orlando Regional Alumni who are impacting their community and succeeding in their chosen career paths which are all so...
(229 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Mr. Tatorscout
Yesterday 06:35 PM
Greyt Universal Cascade Elevator and Powercube Claw
I'm curious about what will happen with GreyCOTS and the like in 2020? Given the extended build season, how many teams will wait for a solution to buy and integrate? Clearly, some teams benefited...
(62,337 views, 249 replies)
New Post
Lil' Lavery
Yesterday 05:16 PM
Neo BLDC motor
Already an active discussion of the motor in this thread: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?threa did=181035
(422 views, 1 replies)