Go to Post We really are nerds, aren't we? - Eria4044 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
John.Benz
Yesterday 10:48 PM
Robot Maintenance and Problem Prevention
This year we used shuffleboard for our dashboard instead of smart dashboard which we used in previous years. We did not have any issues with our priorities being selected and sent (only had issues...
(1,032 views, 16 replies)
New Post
EricH
Yesterday 10:40 PM
Need opinions on this red card
Yes, I understand what you're trying to say. But my point is that AT THE TIME I MENTION, there is no. way. that that robot is pinned. It's untouched, with a clean run back through Null Territory,...
(3,429 views, 51 replies)
New Post
dardeshna
Yesterday 10:13 PM
775 Pro Drive
We used an 8x redline setup this year with a custom gearbox design. The ratio was 28.6:1, with 6" wheels. We never had any issues with the motors warming up, even during heavy practice. There was...
(2,076 views, 33 replies)
New Post
NerdRage
Yesterday 10:11 PM
pic: i want my baby bot, baby bot, baby bot 179's off season project version 1
Super cool robot. If it ever gets built, I'd be interested to see how well it shoots! I showed this to my team and now they want to build a swerve-drive scale shooter robot :rolleyes:
(997 views, 10 replies)
New Post
cgmv123
Yesterday 08:54 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #724
Their challenge was to make two backpacks using only parts from AndyMark's inventory. This was as far as they got.
(134 views, 9 replies)
New Thread
Greg Marra
Yesterday 08:04 PM
Xbox Adaptive Controller >$@#Easy Custom Controllers?
https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/17/xbox-adaptive-controller-disabilities-gamepad-microsoft-tour/ Microsoft is releasing an Xbox controller to make gaming more accessible. One cool feature of the...
(335 views, 0 replies)
New Post
phargo#1018
Yesterday 08:00 PM
Gearbox Ratio
In my mind, the gearbox ratio, the motor selection, and the load device being moved are all tied together. Without understanding the other two, selecting any individual part doesn't necessarily make...
(522 views, 5 replies)
New Post
asid61
Yesterday 07:59 PM
Motor Rankings
I've met many a person who believed that stalling a 775pro was always bad, based on Chief Delphi. I do agree that the BAG seems more resistant to dying outright (I've revived them a few times), but...
(1,887 views, 33 replies)
New Post
Scott L.
Yesterday 07:58 PM
Dead Mans Switch
How about a sliding potentiometer that spring returns to 0. User must hold slider in center region if they panic and either release or push to far it cuts power.
(3,905 views, 18 replies)
New Post
Delr!n
Yesterday 07:48 PM
pic: 4 775pro compact gearbox
Yes that would be one way of gearing it down but it would increase its vertical hight
(1,095 views, 18 replies)
New Post
wgorgen
Yesterday 07:24 PM
Turning Motor / Gear Ratio for swerve drive
We have had good success with 9015s with about 180:1 gear ratio (including the final ratio between the gearbox output shaft and the turret). That would put our steering speed at around 80 RPM (if you...
(295 views, 3 replies)
New Post
nixpower
Yesterday 07:13 PM
RoboRIO dpkg or apt
Unfortunately I can't edit posts... Well the distro itself seems to still be alive actually, but the original website doesn't look to be maintained. Do you happen to have an updated link to their...
(656 views, 14 replies)
New Post
AriMB
Yesterday 05:56 PM
2018 IRI Invite Prediction Contest
It's that quick internet connection. Doesn't get me registration for good regionals anymore, but it still gets me 18th place in an IRI invite prediction contest :D
(16,693 views, 84 replies)
New Post
AdamHeard
Yesterday 05:38 PM
2018 IRI Invitations
Eh... I don't think the IRI committee is obligated (nor should they) to explain their decisions publicly. It's a private event with a black box selection process advertised from the get go. It's...
(16,946 views, 82 replies)
New Post
PatrickW
Yesterday 04:25 PM
pic: Swerve Module, 2910 Off Season
Certainly, Below is the link to the CAD for the entire mini swerve chassis we build last summer. The modules are in there. https://github.com/woolfepr/Swerve-MK1
(10,727 views, 50 replies)
New Post
cadandcookies
Yesterday 03:42 PM
What is your off season summer project this year.
Current plans for 2220: - Outreach out the wazzoo - Fundraising for a router (Omio x8, probably) - Learning to use said router - Possibly a WCD or elevator - Learn CAD (probably Onshape) All...
(2,582 views, 34 replies)
New Post
Tyler Olds
Yesterday 03:15 PM
FRC Live Trivia Tonight! Win Prizes, best your friends!
Lol I don't think it randomizes the answers when I send the link. Thought it would since it's toggled for the live events. In the future I guess I'll have to randomize the answers ahead of time too...
(661 views, 7 replies)
New Post
Nyxyxylyth
Yesterday 02:18 PM
Extending RobotPy/wpilib for a new motor controller
I'm trying to port WPILib to a BeagleBone Blue, which has nice motor/servo outputs, encoder inputs, and an IMU on board: https://beagleboard.org/blue Pretty challenging so far, but I'm enjoying the...
(554 views, 11 replies)
New Post
seg9585
Yesterday 12:53 PM
Cooler Master Gaming Tournament
Would be fun to have a Kerbal Space Program tournament. First to successfuly land on the Mun! Or, fastest through a complex Portal map! All the regular choices seem to be pretty mainstream.
(5,381 views, 37 replies)
New Post
Nick_Coussens
Yesterday 10:45 AM
pic: 4587 Swerve 1.0
I'll try to grab some within the next week.
(2,595 views, 28 replies)