OCCRA
Go to Post Your team will be more of a team and not a group of students who are just building a robot. Instead of being in FIRST, you will be FIRST. - JackN [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 11:17 AM
paper: 4 wheel independent drive & independent steering ("swerve")
I can't get to the papers above, so I'm not sure where to start. Here's how to flip and rotate the axes - anything you want should be a combination of these; apply them one after the other. To...
(12,053 views, 20 replies)
New Post
marshall
Today 11:13 AM
Team 973 Signing Off
I teach this to our students with a lot of things. It's not a particular tool or software package that matters, it's learning the bigger concepts and how to apply them across other packages and then...
(12,643 views, 102 replies)
New Post
notmattlythgoe
Today 11:07 AM
pic: NEO Gearbox Concept
https://i.gifer.com/2Pdp.gif It's so compact, how did you do it!??!!?!!?
(0 views, 1 replies)
New Post
NShep98
Today 11:05 AM
It's Official - No More Stop Build Day! (In 2020)
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked "do you want to go to District Championships". As you pointed out, not everyone cares all that much. My point being, in the initial conversation your team has...
(30,275 views, 271 replies)
New Post
Rob Stehlik
Today 10:26 AM
Using steel gears in the 3 cim ball shifters from vexpro
I have a hunch that the excessive wear on the first stage might be due to the slop in the gears on the 3/8" hex shaft. I just got a 3CIM ballshifter and noticed the fit of the gears on the first...
(1,723 views, 21 replies)
New Post
FrankJ
Today 10:24 AM
How to Paint Aluminum
Acetone has health and environmental issues. I would avoid it as a first choice. Soap and water works just as well. You want the surface clean and oil/grease free. Unless you are painting a lot, the...
(1,465 views, 19 replies)
New Post
auscompgeek
Today 09:23 AM
[HELP] Radio Issues
Since there are many of us who struggle to use the radio config tool, and there's a thread about this, I might as well dump what I know here. I wrote a Python script that will talk to the radio to...
(770 views, 7 replies)
New Post
AriMB
Today 09:17 AM
How to go from CAD to ordering parts
It's going to change this year since we expanded our shop and got a few new storage areas. In general, we keep everything either in tubs, tackle boxes, or parts organizers. Some things can be...
(379 views, 5 replies)
New Post
auscompgeek
Today 09:03 AM
New AndyMark Website
It looks like the search also 500s if you try to search for something that looks like a part number but doesn't exist, for example am-0000.
(3,675 views, 45 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 08:48 AM
pic: 1918 Swerve module concept using Rev NEO
This looks awesome Wayne. The smaller footprint will definitely provide better options to design around. We’ve been playing around with a new prototype swerve but the amount of space taken and weight...
(330 views, 2 replies)
New Post
JohnFogarty
Today 08:42 AM
No, You Don't Need A Robot To Test Your Code
Is your code on GitHub? It is much easier to diagnose these things when you have code to look at.
(2,457 views, 11 replies)
New Post
marshall
Today 08:41 AM
AndyMark Winter Product Launch - December 6th 2018
It's always 2017 when you have a time machine.
(1,138 views, 16 replies)
New Post
Taylor
Today 08:23 AM
Poll : The Bag and You
My opinion on the bag/no bag rule has very little to do with the practice robot, and very much to do with the quality of life of my family. My wife is essentially a single mom for six weeks. Under...
(1,992 views, 21 replies)
New Post
risho900
Today 08:20 AM
CAD PDM for 2018-2019 season
Fusion 360 is very well integrated into a360. Might be worth looking switching into.
(1,098 views, 13 replies)
New Post
cpapplefamily
Today 07:58 AM
How do I get started with coding a robot?
If your new to coding the robot I would suggest a good frame work to build off of. The Command Based robot is a great way to compartmentalize the different subsystems of the robot so you can focus on...
(104 views, 2 replies)
New Post
jlai
Today 03:50 AM
How to design efficiently
Thank you for sharing! That motivates me to share some of my own teaching of Onshape (independent of the robotics context) that I haven't sat down to do yet. Maybe in time for the season to...
(824 views, 8 replies)
New Post
jlai
Today 03:31 AM
Question on Ball Mate Feature Onshape
If you still need a look/review, private message here and I can give you my Onshape account to share it with.
(179 views, 1 replies)
New Post
RoboChair
Today 02:17 AM
pic: 3 CIM minimum height 2 speed gearbox
Now try this gearbox with the NEO motors!
(1,028 views, 12 replies)
New Post
RoboChair
Today 02:15 AM
pic: 2 speed NEO drivetrain gearbox.
Very swanky, but I think you should set everything to Gold and Hot Rod Red for that Iron Man look.
(363 views, 5 replies)
New Post
EricH
Today 02:01 AM
Burnout and Preseason
Ditto. I'm a little closer than Akash (by about the width of the US)--some of you guys have probably talked to me in person at the LA Regional in the last two seasons.
(888 views, 10 replies)