OCCRA
Go to Post If the greatest injustice we see in FRC this year is that a rookie team is allowed to compete when they show up with a kitbot that is 1/4" too wide, I for one will be ecstatic. - Jared Russell [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
21brownz
Today 08:34 AM
pic: Over-Tube-Gearbox (Yet Another Neo Transmission)
Why shift at all with the power that NEOs should provide? The general torque/speed curves of a brushless motor pretty much make shifting pointless. Also, I feel like playing defense in 2018-2019 is...
(657 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Mark McLeod
Today 08:34 AM
Significant Change coming to FRC (in 2020)
And 17 teams cannot fill a standard playoff bracket, so it's obviously not full.
(35,105 views, 234 replies)
New Post
CalTran
Today 08:19 AM
Preseason Stocking Up on Materials
Wires and associated connectors tend to be forgotten about.
(325 views, 2 replies)
New Post
gerthworm
Today 07:59 AM
Programming Mechanisms Right
My answers apply to both categories you mention: 0) Remember simpler is better. If your mechanism works well without sensors or closed-loop control, adding it will not necessarily help you. As a...
(87 views, 1 replies)
New Post
drwhorx
Today 07:58 AM
[FF]: 2019 Season Long Fantasy FIRST
1. Falcon (EricH) 2. 1.21 GW (Hailey.faiella, SnapDragon, Attention,Cobbie, SenpaiYoshi) 3. Questionable Decisionmakers (Brian Maher, TDav540, saikiranra, Kellen Hill) 4. The Breakfast Company...
(4,096 views, 67 replies)
New Post
Akash Rastogi
Today 07:57 AM
Poll : The Bag and You
So the reason I asked for a loose definition of 2nd bot is because for a team like mine, the no bag and no stop is definitely a huge net benefit, even if we don't build a true 2nd robot. If anything,...
(4,035 views, 39 replies)
New Post
ray548
Today 07:54 AM
FRC Blog - 2019 Motor Controllers and MXP
I've heard things about the MAX not supporting an auxiliary encoder (ex. SRX mag encoder) while a Neo is plugged into it's own encoder port. I feel like that's unlikely, but can anyone confirm or...
(27,703 views, 205 replies)
New Post
Batrex
Today 07:08 AM
Help Send Afghan All-Girls Robotics Team to USA!
I really do think that this is a great idea and all but I think you should still contact FIRST directly, because the rules might be different. We played with them in the World Championship and heard...
(578 views, 4 replies)
New Post
MrRiedemanJACC
Today 06:47 AM
CNC Routers for FRC Robotics
Thanks for pointing that out! That does look like a heck of a machine. I know you had mentioned that brand earlier in the thread, but it was a huge machine. So I wrongly assumed that's all they...
(91,917 views, 374 replies)
New Post
Mr.R^2
Today 06:16 AM
New Hardware Support?
Thank you all for your responses. That is what I thought. I love the fact that you all are continuing to develop python for FRC. My students do too. We have a great group of programmera who have been...
(407 views, 8 replies)
New Post
FMS
Today 03:31 AM
Supplies Stockpile
Actin take back what I said about pneumatics
(370 views, 2 replies)
New Post
techhelpbb
Today 02:44 AM
C# is Open Source. Is Anyone Using it?
Is this a challenge? Am CSA at Mount Olive, NJ. As to the rest of the topic: 30+ programming languages later: I find the academics are fairly irrelevant as things just need to get done. I favor...
(667 views, 9 replies)
New Post
1margarette
Today 02:11 AM
Where to sell old electronics
I hope that you will be able to look for a potential buyer. Best of luck!
(289 views, 5 replies)
New Post
LLR11541
Today 12:22 AM
[FTC]: FTC Android Studio java encoder help.
Noticed the titles were not correct... TestingBaseEncoder_I terative TestingBaseEncoder_L inear
(126 views, 3 replies)
New Post
ctt956
Yesterday 11:34 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #749
Student with hand over nose: "All right, who let the smoke out?!" Other students: "It's fine, we have plenty of extra smoke under our hats. Just don't release the smoke more than 7 times."
(168 views, 11 replies)
New Post
Connor McBride
Yesterday 11:01 PM
pic: Flipped NEO Gearbox in Tube WCD Chassis
what gear sizes are you using?
(1,560 views, 17 replies)
New Post
ngreen
Yesterday 11:00 PM
Time Management & You (or why the death of bag isn't death of social life.)
After this announcement I've been thinking more about team sizes, which definitely impact how much time into the robot and how much labor can be divided. I know some competitions do restrict groups...
(954 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Dan T.
Yesterday 10:05 PM
just me or is the new lambo ugly
Is it just me, but does forged carbon look really ugly (it's on the splitter)
(926 views, 23 replies)
New Post
rdaro0311
Yesterday 09:19 PM
[OCCRA]: 2018 OCCRA Over n' Out
Hello everyone, It's been a great season. Thank you to the volunteers who worked hard so that we could all play. Match videos from the County Championship have been uploaded to the team YouTube...
(5,313 views, 11 replies)
New Post
Eli Doggart
Yesterday 08:47 PM
Class of 2019, where are you applying?
I have already applied to: WPI U Maine URI I will apply to these if i don't get into WPI: Uconn RIT Suny Stony Brook Quinnipiac
(9,254 views, 98 replies)