Go to Post Wow, what a regional at St. Louis! ... It's gonna be a good year for FIRST. - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
MechEng83
Today 12:44 PM
AndyMark Compliant Wheels Warning
Full Disclosure - I haven't used any of the new molded 2" wheels The red wheels are a different durometer than the green wheels. I would not expect the green wheels to have the same lifespan of the...
(1,550 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Gary Dillard
Today 12:35 PM
FIRST Choice round 2
So, has anyone received their round 2 FIRST Choice parts? Ours still shows processing, just wondering when they'll start shipping.
(1,230 views, 18 replies)
New Post
ARaulinaitis
Today 12:32 PM
pic: Precision Markings
A mentor from another team shared a tip with me: You can get a cheap 3-axis router (for wood) and just load it up with a center-drill and mark all of your hole centers, then finish all the holes on...
(363 views, 2 replies)
New Post
JCharlton
Today 12:31 PM
Detecting Collision
That's a good idea. I was just playing around with this using the RoboRIO's built-in accelerometer. I was using LabView to graph the acceleration, then applied a limit to the X-direction which would...
(112 views, 1 replies)
New Post
hydraskull
Today 12:27 PM
Musical suggestions for competition playlists
I wish. I'd imagine 80% of the Spotify's US Top 50 chart is off limits for FIRST events only because the content is "too edgy" or explicit. While this is perfectly fine for FLL or maybe FTC, I think...
(1,236 views, 24 replies)
New Post
1uan
Today 12:27 PM
FRC 2363 Triple Helix gripper prototypes
Got CAD's
(4,227 views, 27 replies)
New Post
Kortsy
Today 12:07 PM
2018 Shirt Trading Thread
I would need a medium from whomever I may trade with. I will have 340 shirts available for trade. I can trade both Large and Medium (possibly small) of two kind of shirts: 1)Black text on an orange...
(5,931 views, 60 replies)
New Post
D_Price
Today 12:01 PM
pic: RI3D Team Indiana Building Ramps
Team 1708 has the same concept but with one ramp and two platforms 12" above the ground that the alliance partners can sit on. Right now we are at 15.36 degrees for the angle from the ground onto our...
(1,077 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Purp1eGh0st
Today 12:00 PM
Greyt Universal Cascade Elevator and Powercube Claw
That one's an interesting problem. I wouldn't advocate doing anything this year given the amount of money teams have likely already put into these solutions so we should reserve judgement until after...
(22,570 views, 153 replies)
New Post
Tom469
Today 11:52 AM
Internet Connection Options at Competitions
We observed a scout team, last year, that used 7 laptops connected by cables. They had a toolbox with several old robot batteries, an Ethernet switch, and a power inverter. One laptop served as a...
(649 views, 8 replies)
New Post
schleprock
Today 11:15 AM
Radio Connectivity Issues with 2018 Driver Station
is there an ETA for the fix? trying to test/debug some code on the robot yesterday, sunday 21-jan, was extremely frustrating as we kept loosing driverstation connectivity...
(2,855 views, 30 replies)
New Post
Daniel_LaFleur
Today 11:14 AM
Bumper "Overhang"
I would be truly concerned with damage to the frame should you have a high speed collision on the unsupported 6" front pieces. .
(951 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Andrew Schreiber
Today 10:51 AM
GradleRIO: Faster, Smarter, Beta
I got you covered. GradleRio has made developing FRC code not miserable for me. I can't count the number of hours I've spent fighting with eclipse build environments and adding in libraries to them...
(4,523 views, 24 replies)
New Post
Team6928
Today 10:50 AM
Motor Question
Thank you for that information. I did wind up calling AndyMark and they told me the same thing about the motor/gearbox combos all being legal for FRC. Thanks
(810 views, 12 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 10:19 AM
White Lithium vs. "Strawberry Jam" grease
On a somewhat related note; for gears that aren't in enclosed gearboxes I would recommend using DuPont Chain Saver for lubrication. It's pretty easy to use (just spray onto the gears and let sit for...
(3,610 views, 21 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 10:02 AM
pic: Am I Doing It Right Guys?
I have actually been wondering about using these, but unless you're using a solenoid-type actuator (which have limited power under the solenoid rules and might not be strong enough), wouldn't you run...
(1,869 views, 17 replies)
New Post
Mark McLeod
Today 09:52 AM
Can doors magnetic sensors alarms be use for an frc robot?
Any model is fine. We get ours from a local alarm company.
(282 views, 3 replies)
New Post
NotInControl
Today 09:51 AM
CAN Timeout Errors and Loss of DS Comms
Thank you, This is the file we found which lead us down the path of turning off Telemetry. may be helpful to other teams if the LiveView.Disable lines were formatted as code snippits to stand out...
(330 views, 11 replies)
New Post
stramat8
Today 09:30 AM
Winning Chairman's at the same regional multiple times?
When I was on 781 we won the Chairman's Award back to back (2013 and 2014) at the Greater Toronto East Regional.
(243 views, 7 replies)
New Post
the programmer
Today 09:30 AM
Power UP manual In Spanish
Thank you to everyone involved in this! As a team with a large Hispanic population, this is a huge help to us. I know that I wouldn't want to be faced with a 100+ page technical document in a...
(297 views, 1 replies)