Go to Post Although I have much yet to go, in my short time in FIRST I have learned there is no such thing as a waste of time, especially when a) fundraising, b) mentoring students, or c) reading directions. - Amanda Morrison [more]
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

New Post
Today 01:32 PM
Double Climb Instances
We had a great opportunity to climb on 2353's "Buddy Bar" at Heartland. Their bar goes across one of their existing structures, and once they climb a rope triggers the Buddy Bar to swing out to the...
(3,074 views, 50 replies)
New Post
Caleb Sykes
paper: Caleb's Scouting Database 2018
No problem. I'm hopeful that I can get updates out on Sunday nights from now on since my scripts are fully adapted for 2018 now and we are past most of the strangely-timed foreign events.
(2,099 views, 21 replies)
New Post
Gyro returning wrong numbers
+1. I had this exact issue. We solved it by removing the board and clearing it of metal shavings on and under the board. Worked like a charm. Lesson we learned: Always cover your electronics...
(434 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Today 01:31 PM
Does anyone have Riolog working in Eclipse
I can also say that ours has been working since the beginning. You may have "Discard Incoming" selected, or have "Show Warnings" and/or "Show Prints" deselected. My only advice would be to check all...
(180 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Today 01:30 PM
pic: 1-inch extrusion hole guide
CNC router for drilling? Or some patience to find a mill on Craigslist in a good price range? Or an XY table for a drill press? It certainly works, but I would rather spend more money for a vastly...
(955 views, 7 replies)
New Post
Today 01:30 PM
PCM Issues
The PCM may appear to be a well-shielded board, but looks can be deceiving. We were having very similar issues earlier in the Build Season, until we took off the case for the PCM to find hundreds of...
(871 views, 16 replies)
New Post
Today 01:28 PM
2018 Greater Pittsburgh Regional
Just a heads up to all teams! I am a student at the University which the competition is happening and would like to warn everyone about the lack of parking there will be. Usually the event takes...
(410 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Today 01:26 PM
Guitar Hero Robot Drive
I imagine the reason the keyboard isn't heavily used is due to the presence of a spacebar E-STOP. Going off of that, if you are considering using the keyboard, for that reason, don't. It isn't...
(2,036 views, 8 replies)
New Post
Today 01:24 PM
What is the disincentive for placing 2 cubes at once?
G22. One POWER CUBE per ROBOT. ROBOTS may not control more than one (1) POWER CUBE at a time. Violation: FOUL per additional POWER CUBE. Repeated violations of this rule are likely to escalate...
(241 views, 7 replies)
New Post
Today 01:24 PM
pic: Everybots - Ryerson University 2018
From what I can see, 7200 doesnt have an upgraded intake. If it has a classic everybot intake, how is it as effective as say a robot with a pneumatically actuated claw? What claw optimizations could...
(117 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Today 01:22 PM
Cool ideas for a future FIRST game
i really like that idea, but you could add a 18 in high railing with a central bridge, which can tilt to either side of the field or remain level two 7ft high movable goals begin on opposite sides...
(4,479 views, 45 replies)
New Post
Today 01:15 PM
Congrats to the winners of San Francisco!
Thanks to everyone such an awesome event! The staff was so incredible and venue is top notch. We had such an amazing time. We wish to come back again and again. Big shout out to the pit announcer,...
(1,251 views, 8 replies)
New Post
Today 01:11 PM
2018 Bayou Regional
See you there!
(47 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Clayton Yocom
Today 01:11 PM
Tech Valley Semis Red Card
(Note: this post is entirely my own opinion, not my team's) I'm a little more on the fence then you, but I agree overall with the point that autonomous modes in this game are hard, and if you are...
(3,553 views, 32 replies)
New Post
Today 01:07 PM
Engineering Awards Quinfecta
Winning the Excellence in Engineering award at CIR this past weekend has finally completed the quinfecta for 2481. We're proud to be able to add our name to this list of incredibly inspiring...
(28,781 views, 92 replies)
New Post
Today 01:05 PM
[YMTC]: Pushing Cubes from behind switch
In this years game, i have seen that the refs are focusing a lot on scale violations and less on other field infractions. I hope this changes, but at a comp i went to there were 3 red cards due to...
(29 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Today 01:01 PM
Full Field View Only PLEASE
OK, there has been a lot of discussion on this thread. I didn't read all of it (finals week and all :P ), but here are my thoughts. I'm one of the Assistant Technical Directors for the PNW district...
(5,215 views, 76 replies)
New Post
Today 12:55 PM
What is this foul?
Is it launching? The ref didn't throw the tech foul signal. It's the best I can guess.
(404 views, 5 replies)
New Thread
Today 12:50 PM
RoboBroncs 3374 Utah Recap
A week or two late, but here it is. (expect us to step up our editing budget for future videos) Excited to see everyone in Denver this week, and at the Houston Championship in the near future!
(11 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Today 12:47 PM
pic: 3512 Spartatroniks
Great job this weekend at the LA Regional! Team 599 climbed on your ramps this weekend, and they inspired us to change our rung system to a similar mechanism. How were your ramps constructed? Have...
(33 views, 1 replies)