Go to Post I bet if anyone took a look at the 118's Bill of Materials the only thing that would be on there is hard work and that's priceless. - rcmolloy [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
murdomeek
Today 05:54 PM
How hot do CIM motors get usually?
I'll definitely get some grease! I ran the motors on blocks today for 5 mins at max throttle and they barley got warm. So the electricals seem fine Thanks, I'll get a couple of stickers to be...
(686 views, 14 replies)
New Post
nomythicalbeast
Today 05:52 PM
[FF]: [OFF] Gitchi Gummi Get Together 2018
Jeff messaged me his pick via Discord. Brian Maher 3130 10:27 10:29 ThatSoftwareGuy 2491 4009 10:31 niklas674 1816 2512 10:33 Golfer4646 3244 2169 10:35 mman1506 ...
(627 views, 34 replies)
New Post
solomondg
Today 05:35 PM
Most Accurate form of Localization.
Honestly, I don’t think localization tech is in a place where it’s practical for FRC. I’m not sure it’s useful either, but that’s a separate discussion. First off, I...
(379 views, 14 replies)
New Post
alex.richards48
Today 05:33 PM
Future Game Pieces
I totally agree, if Deep Space has some sort of rocket, space station situation they could have you repair it by scoring multiple shapes in different places.
(1,742 views, 26 replies)
New Post
rsisk
Today 05:07 PM
[FRC Blog] FIRST TV and IRI Coverage
Whoa, they went overboard on that set! jk.... they need a desk to sit behind, and a new set of chairs
(3,732 views, 30 replies)
New Post
gerthworm
Today 04:27 PM
Being A Better Leader
We do smart goals at work. As annoying as it can be to write up reports on them every year (mostly becasue we delay doing it till the last minute), it's still the best framework I've seen for...
(803 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Tomithy
Today 04:15 PM
2019 FRC events
Any rumor on where and which week that event will be?
(1,622 views, 18 replies)
New Post
DonRotolo
Today 03:26 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #732
You've heard of musical chairs? This is our musical robot! Just strum here and the sound comes out the pipes there... (lower right) We're gonna be famous!
(103 views, 6 replies)
New Post
feverittm
Today 03:11 PM
Announcing CHS Bunnybots!
I want to add to Bryce's comments. Our team has competed in Bunnybot here in Oregon for a number of years. It has been very useful for training new members and testing new systems. This type of...
(478 views, 2 replies)
New Post
ahartnet
Today 01:40 PM
Autonomous Movement
I dont know that we've ever gotten a robot to drive straight without looking at a gyro. Too many variables: backlash in gears/chain, wheels wearing down, etc. Here's code from our 2017 robot for...
(89 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Prateek M
Today 12:59 PM
Using an encoder and a gyro to find absolute displacement
This is a process that is used by many teams and is commonly referred to as "odometry" or "state estimation". You can basically calculate the distance traveled by the robot at a fixed interval by...
(93 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Mark Wasserman
Today 12:12 PM
Need for two sets of PID gains for Elevator
When it comes to PID stuff, I believe the Talon has multiple PID slots. In your elevator example you can tune for up, put those values in #1 slot and tune for down and put them in #2 slot. Which...
(795 views, 13 replies)
New Post
gerthworm
Today 11:42 AM
Inaccurate Motion Profiling
TIL, thanks! This is the first I googled that set of terms, and boy is there a wealth of information out there. I've always found more-accurate models of this kind of thing super interesting. Just...
(497 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Mechvet
Today 11:38 AM
paper: Modeling Subsystem Reliability
How does the math change if your drivetrain requires time for debug, and failure analysis? Breaks and damage aren't always obvious.
(427 views, 5 replies)
New Post
s_forbes
Today 10:24 AM
6 wheel chain drive idlers and friction
I've worked with one drivetrain where we had a continuous chain, similar to what you are trying to do. Getting enough wrap of the chain around each sprocket is tricky. We had to use a bizarre chain...
(499 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Cyberphil
Today 10:18 AM
Ramp Riot 2018: The Official Thread
Can't wait for another awesome Ramp Riot!
(301 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Tyler Olds
Today 10:07 AM
FUNalysis Tonight 8:30pm ET IRI Match Breakdowns
Thank you to everyone who tuned in last night! Another great turnout with some awesome match breakdowns: Segments from the show: Strategy Differences at IRI 2013 IRI Finals 2 Breakdown 2018 IRI Q93...
(622 views, 2 replies)
New Post
BrennanB
Today 09:04 AM
[FF]: 2018 Offseason Fantasy First League
Leaderboard has been updated. CRC ROBO-CON and Glitch Gummi are being drafted this week :)
(698 views, 5 replies)
New Post
gerthworm
Today 08:35 AM
Thrust in a drivetrain?
In brushed DC electric motors, torque is proportional to current. The more you want your drivetrain to put torque to the ground, the more current will be drawn. The more current is drawn, the lower...
(446 views, 3 replies)
New Post
alex.richards48
Today 08:09 AM
2019 Speculation Again
Regolith on Rebound Rumble ramps sounds... interesting:yikes: Throw the Stronghold defenses in and now you have a show!
(2,134 views, 20 replies)