OCCRA
Go to Post The robot competition is the most obvious, visible, and distilled-media-friendly part of the picture... We shouldn't be surprised that it's all that gets into the news coverage, when that coverage is managed by someone who isn't already well versed in what FIRST is trying to do. - Alan Anderson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
21brownz
Today 02:23 PM
New Hardware Support?
According to the folks in the announcement thread, REV will release the specs/programming specifics in the coming weeks along with more hardware.
(82 views, 4 replies)
New Post
s_forbes
Today 02:20 PM
pic: 2 speed NEO drivetrain gearbox.
We have no data on the motor performance when things get warm (yet), but it seems obvious to me that given the tradeoff of cool running motors vs a couple of ounces in the transmission, I'd opt for...
(402 views, 7 replies)
New Post
bcampbell
Today 02:07 PM
How to go from CAD to ordering parts
We also keep track of ordering on a spreadsheet but we add a couple columns that make it easier to keep track of. Qty per Robot Qty ordered (should be 2x robot qty plus spares) Order Date Expected...
(418 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Sam Slade
Today 01:53 PM
[OCCRA]: Current County Ranking
Are we going to get updated standings? The last event was over a week ago and the County Championship is less than 24 hours away. It would be helpful to know where teams stand heading into the final...
(697 views, 4 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 01:36 PM
"The level playing field" in FIRST
Seconded. Even if the KOP for a rookie team was $1000 more, this is a good tradeoff in ensuring a good start for a new team in FRC. In VEX, we do exactly the same with our new students and teams...
(8,192 views, 112 replies)
New Post
cbale2000
Today 01:34 PM
New AndyMark Website
Another option would be to put a "Ships from Sydney" sticker graphic over the preview image for these parts. It would at least clean up the text portion and make search look a bit cleaner. You could...
(3,844 views, 50 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 01:28 PM
Poll : The Bag and You
Thank you for clearly explaining what others such as myself are going to have to try and prepare for. Several years ago, Tyler from 2056 made a point that I thought was another concern as well. It...
(2,377 views, 25 replies)
New Post
s_forbes
Today 01:16 PM
Team 973 Signing Off
I have been playing with Onshape for about two months now, and I think I may have been converted. Whenever I want to model something I open my browser instead of opening Solidworks.
(13,220 views, 105 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 01:12 PM
pic: NEO Gearbox Concept
https://media.giphy.com/media/mJ3LnFR2zXVCg/giphy.gif I was thinking of a TB-micro housing, with the shaft flipped and an external bearing at the other end of the shaft. Only gives about 3.75" for...
(269 views, 3 replies)
New Thread
eadam
Today 11:54 AM
SWATposium Livestream on FUN! - Nov 17th @ 9am-2pm
Hi FIRST Community, SWATposium will be streaming tomorrow on First Updates Now's Twitch channel. The schedule will be... 9:15 - 10:00 - Opening Speaker (Karthik Kanagasabapathy) 10:10 - 10:50 -...
(66 views, 0 replies)
New Post
hrench
Today 11:45 AM
Best wheel options?
Wheel selection needs to be wholly dependent on the requirements of the game and field. Don't pick your wheels yet. Here are some criteria to consider: *flat field with no obstacles, smaller wheels...
(415 views, 4 replies)
New Post
dardeshna
Today 11:26 AM
How does your school categorized your FIRST team?
Team 8 used to be considered a club but we ran into issues with people comparing it to lunchtime clubs and not understanding the commitment. We stopped going to club day... no one really knows what...
(1,248 views, 26 replies)
New Post
dardeshna
Today 11:19 AM
[FRC Blog] Virtual Kit, Kickoffs, Payments, and a Special Post-Kickoff Show
I’ve been very happy with how FIRST is handling things as of late—the transparency and thoughtfulness is appreciated. Well done!
(672 views, 5 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 11:17 AM
paper: 4 wheel independent drive & independent steering ("swerve")
I can't get to the papers above, so I'm not sure where to start. Here's how to flip and rotate the axes - anything you want should be a combination of these; apply them one after the other. To...
(12,212 views, 20 replies)
New Post
NShep98
Today 11:05 AM
It's Official - No More Stop Build Day! (In 2020)
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked "do you want to go to District Championships". As you pointed out, not everyone cares all that much. My point being, in the initial conversation your team has...
(30,555 views, 271 replies)
New Post
Rob Stehlik
Today 10:26 AM
Using steel gears in the 3 cim ball shifters from vexpro
I have a hunch that the excessive wear on the first stage might be due to the slop in the gears on the 3/8" hex shaft. I just got a 3CIM ballshifter and noticed the fit of the gears on the first...
(1,770 views, 21 replies)
New Post
FrankJ
Today 10:24 AM
How to Paint Aluminum
Acetone has health and environmental issues. I would avoid it as a first choice. Soap and water works just as well. You want the surface clean and oil/grease free. Unless you are painting a lot, the...
(1,529 views, 19 replies)
New Post
auscompgeek
Today 09:23 AM
[HELP] Radio Issues
Since there are many of us who struggle to use the radio config tool, and there's a thread about this, I might as well dump what I know here. I wrote a Python script that will talk to the radio to...
(780 views, 7 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 08:48 AM
pic: 1918 Swerve module concept using Rev NEO
This looks awesome Wayne. The smaller footprint will definitely provide better options to design around. We’ve been playing around with a new prototype swerve but the amount of space taken and weight...
(385 views, 2 replies)
New Post
JohnFogarty
Today 08:42 AM
No, You Don't Need A Robot To Test Your Code
Is your code on GitHub? It is much easier to diagnose these things when you have code to look at.
(2,491 views, 11 replies)