Go to Post You enjoy your pepperoni pizza, I'll enjoy my cheese and peppers, and we can both agree that people that like pineapple on their pizza, while strange... are completely entitled to their opinions. - Andrew Schreiber [more]
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

New Post
Today 02:07 AM
I took a look at this a bit further. I ran a script to take a look at the plate assignments from each perspective, in each of the match levels (Finals, Semis, Quarters and Quals) Script:...
(2,097 views, 23 replies)
New Post
Today 01:54 AM
PNW District Championship Projections 2018
My program is predicting that the cutoff will be 52 points this year. However, looking at the results over time, here's how it's done: Year Initial Actual Prediction 2018 52 ? 2017...
(149 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Today 12:44 AM
G14: The Pinning Rule is Broken.
Well Iím my opinion a good driver can pin a robot the entire match and never get callled for it, or do it in such away that you do get called for it but the penalty isnít enough to throw the game. It...
(2,911 views, 33 replies)
New Post
Today 12:38 AM
Stupid Match Algorithm Tricks, 2018
I think that Carl is on to something here. If you're getting the same teams in your match schedule all the time, it probably means the FTA set the "(time/matches) between matches" parameter just a...
(6,325 views, 44 replies)
New Post
Today 12:11 AM
TimedRobot Not Updating at Consistent Rate
I was consistently seeing intervals of 20-25ms, with and without TimedRobot. I set the period to 0.1s and saw the same result, suggesting the problem is not in running too much code. I now believe...
(113 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:56 PM
why would FIRST use this antiquated language?
It's pretty funny...
(539 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Rachel Lim
Yesterday 11:43 PM
Congrats to the winners of San Francisco!
I wrote this a year ago, and am so happy it finally happened even if it's in slightly the wrong order. Thank you so much to whoever decided to pick 972, now I'm just waiting for a palindrome...
(2,552 views, 17 replies)
New Post
Joe Ross
Yesterday 11:30 PM
Current Limiting causes Talons to go crazy
See https://github.com/CrossTheRoadElec/Phoenix-Documentation#motor-output-direction-is-incorrect-or-accelerates-when-current-limit-is-enabled
(66 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:25 PM
Team 3476: Code Orange presents Gnaraloo (2018)
Agreed. Everything looks well thought out. Good luck at Orange County!
(924 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:23 PM
2018 Hudson Valley Regional
This looks awesome. We were trying to create one, but yours turned out way better.
(411 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:16 PM
Ribbon Cable to PWM for Magnetic Encoder
In 2016 I wired up a pair of BOBs to make an extension. It was really not fun, especially since I used some rather stiff wire. I'd highly advise making your own ribbon cables. We used Digikey...
(175 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:12 PM
Strategies for switch-only bots?
This is a really good nugget of strategy here for power-ups, and one that I have seen even high level teams mis-playing on webcasts and at AZ North when I was volunteering. There is no point in boost...
(2,247 views, 22 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:11 PM
Who knows, maybe we'll see you in Detroit and we can pull off the elusive "Double Dunk" (as we call it here in the States). ....on the practice day of course.... ;)
(1,448 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:48 PM
TalonSRX configClosedLoopPeakOutput
One thing to check is if you have the most recent version of the CTRE Pheonix library downloaded.
(65 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:41 PM
New Bag
FWIW, 115 used to put cut pool noodles on the corners of the robot to prevent this exact issue. I believe several other teams do the same.
(1,680 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:25 PM
Attaching sprockets to axles
Depending on your setup, you'll need several collars and various spacers. We use a lot of PVC pipe for spacers and cut them off square on our chop saw. It's cheap and you can make any length. We...
(274 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:20 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #715
Michael replied "This Sucks!" "No, it really sucks." "Yes, our bot actually sucks."
(49 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:20 PM
Strategy for End Game When on Opposite End of Field
Here's my Tuesday Evening Quarterback analysis, as someone who has yet to actually compete at an event: The only way to avoid the penalties is to go around to the other side of the switch, so that...
(826 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:13 PM
Greater Kansas City and Heartland Regionals 2018
These past two weekends at Heartland and GKC have been nothing but excellent experiences. The event staff and volunteers were all exceptionally helpful and kind, and kept the events running smoothly...
(7,301 views, 48 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:06 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #714
Gotta finish this before Smoky, right? First place goes to: Second place goes to:
(291 views, 16 replies)