Go to Post The Manual is the "requirements document" for your project. - dlavery [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Tyler Olds
Today 05:52 PM
13019 Game Speculation
It's never too late to just ignore it and not post instead of asking mods to delete it...
(133 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Greg Marra
Today 05:45 PM
Smartdashboard will not open
We had some issues opening Smartdashboard, but were able to resolve them by uninstalling all versions of Java other than the one version of Java 8 we wanted to be using.
(91 views, 3 replies)
New Thread
mrnoble
Today 05:45 PM
Musical suggestions for competition playlists
I have no idea if this is remotely feasible, but now is the time to act if it has any chance of making a difference. I would like to provide the DJ at any FRC competition with an approved playlist...
(25 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Greg Marra
Today 05:40 PM
Andymark button board
The detailed description notes that these are "Arcade Buttons". These are the same kind of buttons used on cabinets in arcade games, like Pac Man or Street Fighter. You can see other types of arcade...
(292 views, 3 replies)
New Post
bjtheone
Today 05:37 PM
Scale Plate Material
Last year they used HDPE, with orange peel texture, for the gear slide. I believe it was available at Home Depot in the USA. Never found a source in Canada, with decent availability/price.
(329 views, 6 replies)
New Post
SamCarlberg
Today 05:24 PM
Problems Running and Building Code
Your JAVA_HOME environment variable is pointing to a JRE, not a JDK. A JDK is required to compile Java code. If you have a JDK installed, you'll need to update your computer's environment variables...
(37 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Brian M
Today 05:19 PM
Endgame Ramp Dimensions
You can expect several ramps to be upwards of 25 Degrees on the incline. In my opinion your optimal way to go if you want to climb ramps is to be slightly smaller than max dimensions, and be able to...
(286 views, 2 replies)
New Post
MooreteP
Today 05:13 PM
When to use the Vault
Oh my goodness, I love this game. But, I am not looking forward to explaining it to the casual observer.
(2,026 views, 21 replies)
New Post
rustyraptor
Today 05:10 PM
Python Roll Call!
I am the lead programmer for Thunderdogs 5613. We are using robotpy this year. Last year there was only one programmer doing the C++ code but he's graduated and since left. I had a lot of prior...
(1,075 views, 5 replies)
New Thread
rustyraptor
Today 05:07 PM
2018 field for robotpy simulator
We're using robotpy this year. We are starting on developing a field for the simulator to test things out however it is taking us a lot of work to do so. Is there a field already out there that we...
(9 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Peter Johnson
Today 04:54 PM
Help Reading Network Tables
First, I want to point out that the old API still works. But if you want to switch over to the new API, here's a simple Java client example: package networktablesdesktop client; import...
(187 views, 2 replies)
New Post
flipTflop
Today 04:51 PM
Warning: Reading initial persistent values,Header line mismatch
I was able to get it and delete the file. The warnings are now gone. Thank you for your help!
(136 views, 7 replies)
New Post
Type
Today 04:47 PM
pic: Am I Doing It Right Guys?
I would be interested in using the cover if you want to share the CAD. My team is looking at using these gearboxes and I couldn't find any cover pre-designed (even though the assembly directions...
(371 views, 3 replies)
New Post
brennonbrimhall
Today 04:39 PM
Internet Connection Options at Competitions
I've been caught by this too. Additionally, there's no way to know what kind of signal strength you'll have in the venue until you're actually there. I recommend having a clear backup plan in case...
(160 views, 2 replies)
New Post
KOVProgramMento
Today 04:36 PM
Drive train with encoders and tough-box min: How do you wire it?
Thanks, that helps a lot. I found some sample code at the following link that shows how to configure one talon to "follow"...
(157 views, 2 replies)
New Post
EricH
Today 04:04 PM
Is there a link to White Papers?
Also the "CD-Media" button at the top of the page.
(115 views, 1 replies)
New Post
gartaud
Today 03:56 PM
Trouble with TalonSRX setSensorPhase() and setInverted()
Not sure. Maybe your encoder is mis-positioned? Try adjusting it. Regarding setSensorPhase(), my understanding is that it should be set so that each encoder increase towards positive infinity when...
(97 views, 3 replies)
New Post
otherguy
Today 03:55 PM
Victor SPXs in WPILib?
As stated in your other post: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161 673 You only need the Phoenix software if you're going to talk to the Victor SPX over CAN. If you're going to...
(165 views, 2 replies)
New Post
TikiTech
Today 03:54 PM
How to send IR signal using Labview?
This, as mentioned by Luke, R69. No form of wireless communication shall be used to communicate to, from, or within the ROBOT, except those required per R64 and R68. Devices that employ signals in...
(155 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Peter Johnson
Today 03:50 PM
programming limit switch
Note: In the future you might want to use a block so your code retains formatting. Also, it's helpful to state whether you're having a compilation issue or your code is crashing at runtime, or the...
(57 views, 1 replies)